• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think out of Madden, Flores, Jobe, Skubal, Manning, Olson, and Mize the Tigers could have a top 10 rotation by 2025. But this is Detroit and they will likely all die in a plane crash together.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah kinda Wild that they cant fix Baez at all. That said he did bench Baez and with the contract there may be only so much he can do.

Hinch is a world series manager but it does seem like hes done quite a few questionable things this year. Might be a product of the hand hes dealt though. But Ive seen a lot of tigers fans discontent at times

The Faedo move I thought was nuts. Hes not just dealing but you gotta see what he has for the future, can he finish a gem?? Tigers could have brought in Foley last night and Twins would been licking their chops, just simply to see someone different.
They benched him for one game. Then get right back to publicly kissing his ass.

I saw Cisnero throw one pitch yesterday. Said WTF is he doing in there already and quit watching. How Faedo got pulled after giving up one hits was beyond me. I mean, the team straight up sucks, but I’m not watching the finish when they do dumb shit like that. I’ll catch up on Ted Lasso instead.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think out of Madden, Flores, Jobe, Skubal, Manning, Olson, and Mize the Tigers could have a top 10 rotation by 2025. But this is Detroit and they will likely all die in a plane crash together.

Thats the toughest thing for Tigers is the injuries on these guys.

Skubal is really damn good if he can just be out there hes gonna be legit top of the rotation.

Mize should be really good but at this point its hard to even know since hes been MIA for literally two years now.

Thats brutal luck

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, do the Tigers just not have another catcher in their minors who could use some reps??

Why has Haas not been DFA'd? He is having one of the worst seasons possible and has been worse than Drew Butera at the plate for months, without the defense.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers have catcher named Dillon Dingler who looks promising. Decent defense, decent bat. Not a lot of innings behind the plate in the upper minors, though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why anyone throws him strikes idk.

If it’s within a foot of the outside corner, he will swing.

One of my biggest knocks on Hinch is that Baez is allowed to be such a fucking joke of a hitter. It’s inexcusable tbh.

Just picked up Olson in my daily

Good start for you.

Correa sitting today and Kyle Farmer in.

Jesus christ.

Must be planter facitis issue for Correa again because he sat Sunday, we had monday off and we have tomorrow off. Even Rocco aint that stupid.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. Miggy tagged up on a fly out. Kepler was not expecting that haha.

As frustrating as it is that we keep laboring vs the Tigers. Have to give them credit too. Aside from Baez I cant think of many Abs where their hitters completely phone it in. They take close ptiches. Foul off pitches

Maedas stuff looks pretty good today. But they are laying off the junk. Ump has a huge zone for both teams and might have actually saved Maeda in the 1st.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I talked big on Olson he gets wrecked lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I talked big on Olson he gets wrecked lol

Some tough luck.

Vazquez with a BABIP infield hit. Gallo with a rare single. Farmer stays on a slider and drops it in.

But yeah a bit of a course correction it appears ha. Twins doing a good job of not letting that slider beat them too much.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Tigers are relentless against us. Badoo lays off junk then like one handed lung pokes a single into right.

Greene is just legit. Torkelson has like 25% of his homers vs us. Vierling batting near .500 vs us. Da fuck.

Wiggy will probably use some backwards ass logic to say Steven Kwan is better than Riley Greene.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Tigers are relentless against us. Badoo lays off junk then like one handed lung pokes a single into right.

Greene is just legit. Torkelson has like 25% of his homers vs us. Vierling batting near .500 vs us. Da fuck.

Wiggy will probably use some backwards ass logic to say Steven Kwan is better than Riley Greene.
I would much rather have Greene than Kwan- though Kwan is a very solid player. A gold glove leadoff hitter who is top 5 in the AL in runs and hits is hardly something to be scoffed at- but Greene has definite star potential.

Do not worry- I will not come close to trying to defend Jorge Polanco- consummate journeyman against a 24 year old gold glover that finished 6th in the MVP voting last year and in far less than half the games played is not far back in career WAR.

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather have Greene than Kwan- though Kwan is a very solid player. A gold glove leadoff hitter who is top 5 in the AL in runs and hits is hardly something to be scoffed at- but Greene has definite star potential.

Do not worry- I will not come close to trying to defend Jorge Polanco- consummate journeyman against a 24 year old gold glover that finished 6th in the MVP voting last year and in far less than half the games played is not far back in career WAR.

Do you wear a helmet in public??

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn leads baseball in homers allowed.

As a result hes only hit 7 batters throwing meatballs all year, so youre safe.
hey hey hey hey--- be fair- gotta amend your statement

as you know "all year" is not fair.

Since he has been traded he has been very effective in his 3 starts- and I dare say while I do not think it will continue to a tune of a 2.25 ERA- I believe he will remain effective the rest of the year

As I surmised and you scoffed at- leaving the White Sox to go to a WS contender and the threat of impending free agency and the threat of a less than generous prospective pay-day seems to have remedied his previous malaise.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey hey hey hey--- be fair- gotta amend your statement

as you know "all year" is not fair.

Since he has been traded he has been very effective in his 3 starts- and I dare say while I do not think it will continue to a tune of a 2.25 ERA- I believe he will remain effective the rest of the year

As I surmised and you scoffed at- leaving the White Sox to go to a WS contender and the threat of impending free agency and the threat of a less than generous prospective pay-day seems to have remedied his previous malaise.

Be fair?!?!?!?!

You are throwing yourself a parade for saying you were right that Lance Lynn would be great when he left the White Sox after THREE starts against 2 of the worst teams in baseball adn the most disappointing team in baseball.

And hes still allowed 4 homers in those 3 starts. Just lucky to not have any one on.

You are insane.

Im still curious where you got the idea of Julien being benched and demoted in the order from though. That was rich.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt exactly facing murders row that inning

But Holton for the Tigers is fucking good. Impressed every time I watch him.

Definite bullpen weapon.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait to be done with the Tigers. Just mash us. Greene hits everyone. Torkelson continues to mash us.

Super glad our FO went out and got bullpen help. We didnt need it at all.

Also glad that when teams bring in dominate lefties our right handed options are corpses like Solano/Vaquez/Farmer. Our vets are so fucking bad. Guy got 7 outs and didnt work a sweat.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be fair?!?!?!?!

You are throwing yourself a parade for saying you were right that Lance Lynn would be great when he left the White Sox after THREE starts against 2 of the worst teams in baseball adn the most disappointing team in baseball.

And hes still allowed 4 homers in those 3 starts. Just lucky to not have any one on.

You are insane.

Im still curious where you got the idea of Julien being benched and demoted in the order from though. That was rich.
I absolutely did not say he would be great- I just said he would be much improved. As I stated- I am surprised he has the 2.25 ERA- I was thinking some where around 4.00 while striking some guys out (not unlike your boy Joe Ryan) with the ability to go 7 innings once a in a while. Not bad for the price that was paid.