• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my Last Note on Gimenez vs. Polanco

everyone has different WAR formulas.....I sometimes quote ESPN since its the easiest and quickest to find

Baseball Reference I think does the best job at its calculation- they have been doing it forever. I think they are the most respected and have the best reputation.

Polanco has a career WAR of 19.3 in 798 games played.

Gimenez has a career WAR of 14.6 in 377 games played.

by the time Gimenez gets to 798 games played he will have buried Polanco. Absolutely buried.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, so Morneau>JRam.

Wiggy logic.
just an FYI

Morneau career WAR: 18.3

Ramirez career WAR: 47.2

Jose has a long way to go to. At least Mauer wouldve been a somewhat closer opinion.

Mauer is at 56 for his career. Jose will almost assuredly get there unless he gets hurt.

that 2009 was unreal for Mauer .365/.444/1.031

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just an FYI

Jose has a long way to go to. At least Mauer wouldve been a somewhat closer opinion.

Mauer is at 56 for his career. Jose will almost assuredly get there unless he gets hurt.

Its not my opinion.

I literally said its your logic. Seek help. You shouldnt be allowed in public with the way your brain functions.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ober was just ok again today. The good news is, its definitely not a result of him being figured out. Its more personal issue missing location and laboring to put guys away. Might be some fatigue so needs to sort it out. He usually doesnt walk guys and those have been coming recently and longer ABs.

Only damage was the corpse of MIggy hitting a bomb. Which was unblievable. THat coupled with us being shutout by another shitty Tigers pitcher is par the course. Tigers randomly have our number this year. We go full Simple Jack against these guys. Horrid at bats.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future brought the twins alive.

Welcome back Royce with an RBI single.

Wallner with another mammoth shot to right center.

These kids gonna be cheap for years.

Baldelli style managing by Hinch. Pulling a dealing starter to give the bats a new look and Twins feasted.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ober was just ok again today. The good news is, its definitely not a result of him being figured out. Its more personal issue missing location and laboring to put guys away. Might be some fatigue so needs to sort it out. He usually doesnt walk guys and those have been coming recently and longer ABs.

Only damage was the corpse of MIggy hitting a bomb. Which was unblievable. THat coupled with us being shutout by another shitty Tigers pitcher is par the course. Tigers randomly have our number this year. We go full Simple Jack against these guys. Horrid at bats.
Miggy is something like 9th in all of baseball since June 1st as far as BA goes.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy is something like 9th in all of baseball since June 1st as far as BA goes.

Yeah the man has the hand eye. But that was his second homer of the year and it went goddamn second deck haha.

Also, wooooooof is that man slow. Correa fielded a 4 hopper up the middle. Spun and threw from the centerfield grass and 4 hopped it to first and threw miggy out in the 9th with a little rally going.

The hands still work, but that man is a corpse.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the man has the hand eye. But that was his second homer of the year and it went goddamn second deck haha.

Also, wooooooof is that man slow. Correa fielded a 4 hopper up the middle. Spun and threw from the centerfield grass and 4 hopped it to first and threw miggy out in the 9th with a little rally going.

The hands still work, but that man is a corpse.
His knees are shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen with another solid outting taking his ERA down to 3.33 for the year.

Got the 3 rooks that pitch in a row- then comes the crap- Syndegaard and Curry. Ugh. So tough to get any momentum like that.

well- considering they waived the white flag- its good to see the 3 young guys continue to pitch well- though all 3 are coming up on innings limits- then- I do not know what happens. Beytonfield and Plesac?

Kwan has been playing a little better since July 1- now 5th in the AL in hits and 5th in runs. Gotta have the .360-.380 OBP KWan though- not the .320-.340 OBP Kwan. If he can maintain a .360+ OBP and be one of the best in the AL in runs and hits- along with gold glove D- he will be a decent/solid LF- though I would prefer him in center and to kick Straw to the curb.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polanco had an OPS+ of 115 last year.

Gimenez should head back to AA if that was medicore.

Since 2018 Polanco has been remarkably consistent. That is the point that your flip flopping ass cant grasp. You still have no landed on a consistent argument.

Tell me, what matters 1 year? Careers? Consistent stretches? You shift the goal posts for every player regardings your shitty ass 57-62 baseball team

there is zero question I'd rather have Gimenez right now. plus plus defender...plus speed. his babip until this month was awful. he projects to be a very good player even if he scrapes to average as a hitter. and he's 24. seems like a dumb argument to have.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is zero question I'd rather have Gimenez right now. plus plus defender...plus speed. his babip until this month was awful. he projects to be a very good player even if he scrapes to average as a hitter. and he's 24. seems like a dumb argument to have.

Dude, please for the love of god do not go the Wiggy autism route.

Never at any point did I say I would take Polanco over Gimenez.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol now we move onto attacking a guy who would be the best player in Twins history lol.

Nobody is attacking Miggy??

Hes old as shit and cant move thats a fact. You take a fucking stupid pill tonight?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just an FYI

I don't love WAR for everything. Miggy isn't a top 100 WAR guy but there are only 7 players with 3000 hits and 500 hrs. Morneau was a meh defender and because he's a 1b his WAR faces stiffer comp offensively. His injuries left him a shell of himself by 29

I wouldn't really compare the 2 players

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, please for the love of god do not go the Wiggy autism route.

Never at any point did I say I would take Polanco over Gimenez.

so then why spend pages on this lol. Polanco is a nice player who is consistent but nothing remarkable. nice guy to have on the squad because he doesn't end up costing you a huge contract

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is attacking Miggy??

Hes old as shit and cant move thats a fact. You take a fucking stupid pill tonight?

you're like any fan. you over value your prospects/regulars and devalue others.

and for the record it's not like Alex Faedo didn't have stuff. he's a former first round pick. Who gets injured constantly. every once in a while he puts together a start. it's not because Minnesota is tremendously unlucky.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so then why spend pages on this lol. Polanco is a nice player who is consistent but nothing remarkable. nice guy to have on the squad because he doesn't end up costing you a huge contract

Dude, because Wiggy is an idiot do you not know the guy?? I feel like you are pretty active on the NBA board.

He keeps talking in ciricles changing his guidlines for evaluating a player.

If its a Guardian like Gimenez hes a proven star because he had a great season even though he followed it up with trash. If its a pitcher like Ober or like Ryan hes not proven. At the time he said this Joe had a 3.5 era season with 150 inning season. Then Joe at the time was at a 2.9 and wasnt proven. Now Ryan imploded over 7 starts and and has a 4.4. Hes no unproven. But Gimenez is proven. THey both had great first full seasons then hit a rough patch ahha.

Sonny Gray is a fluke but Cal Quantril isnt(this one is hilarious)

The Polanco thing was him saying weeks ago that Polanco coming back soon wasnt a big deal for the Twins. I pointed out that Polanco is a consistent producers of 110 OPS+ or better yearly(aside from covid season) since like 2018 with good D. He started speaking nonsense about Gimenez. And I told him his exact argument about Ober and Ryan was that they hadnt proven SUSTAINED success of solidly above average play. Which is what Polanco has and Gimenez hasnt.

All I said was that the Twins were about to get Polanco back which is a huge boost considering we keep trotting out Kyle Farmer and Willi Castro for infield starts.......tho ironically Polanco is a bit rusty coming back and really hes just walking more than those two bozos so far.

I never said "if i am starting a baseball team today I want Polanco".

This dude tried arguing the Twins offense(as mehhhh as it is) wasnt definitively better than the Guardians weeks ago.

You are attempting to jump in out of nowhere on a convo featuring Wiggy, the losing his argument and goes to a new one every 2 minutes. Im just calling out his logic.

Hence the Morneau/Ramirez thing. Or my Brady Anderson reference.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, because Wiggy is an idiot do you not know the guy?? I feel like you are pretty active on the NBA board.

He keeps talking in ciricles changing his guidlines for evaluating a player.

If its a Guardian like Gimenez hes a proven star because he had a great season even though he followed it up with trash. If its a pitcher like Ober or like Ryan hes not proven. At the time he said this Joe had a 3.5 era season with 150 inning season. Then Joe at the time was at a 2.9 and wasnt proven. Now Ryan imploded over 7 starts and and has a 4.4. Hes no unproven. But Gimenez is proven. THey both had great first full seasons then hit a rough patch ahha.

Sonny Gray is a fluke but Cal Quantril isnt(this one is hilarious)

The Polanco thing was him saying weeks ago that Polanco coming back soon wasnt a big deal for the Twins. I pointed out that Polanco is a consistent producers of 110 OPS+ or better yearly(aside from covid season) since like 2018 with good D. He started speaking nonsense about Gimenez. And I told him his exact argument about Ober and Ryan was that they hadnt proven SUSTAINED success of solidly above average play. Which is what Polanco has and Gimenez hasnt.

All I said was that the Twins were about to get Polanco back which is a huge boost considering we keep trotting out Kyle Farmer and Willi Castro for infield starts.......tho ironically Polanco is a bit rusty coming back and really hes just walking more than those two bozos so far.

I never said "if i am starting a baseball team today I want Polanco".

This dude tried arguing the Twins offense(as mehhhh as it is) wasnt definitively better than the Guardians weeks ago.

You are attempting to jump in out of nowhere on a convo featuring Wiggy, the losing his argument and goes to a new one every 2 minutes. Im just calling out his logic.

Hence the Morneau/Ramirez thing. Or my Brady Anderson reference.

that's just wiggy