• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the underlying metrics of 10 INNINGS PITCHED!!!! LOL. you have got to be shitting me. 4.95 ERA in 2 starts. The first one he had 0 runs when he carved up the Twins in his first start back to 5 innings pitched , and 10 k's. and then he pitched against the Astros, went on the DL and never came off and gave up 5 runs that game.

Dude, you really suck at this. The 4.95 ERA was in 2021 when he threw 120 innings. He was awful. His FIP was 4.70.

Last year was his fluke. His metrics last year show it too

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
say what you want about Quintrell.

his metrics sucked in 2021 when he had a 2.89 ERA over 150 innings

his metrics sucked again in 2022 when he had a 3.38 EREA over 186 innings.

Joe Ryan would KILL to have back to back seasons like that. Some guys - especially if they are in an organization that knows how to develop pitching- dont need to strike out 12 k's per 9 to be effective. It certainly is not like Aaron Civale has overpowering stuff.

Correct you can get away with bad metrics for a year or 2. They will always catch up with you.

Hence why the entire league is teeing off on QUantrill. He cant strike anyone out. Youre not gonna survive the BABIP game forever.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think at 28 years old Bieber just lost his stuff? not hurt....they just decided to put a guy with a 3.77 ERA and a Cy Young pedigree on the DL for shits and giggles and instead start Noah Syndegaard and Xavion Curry while still less than 5 games back?? lol.

dude, hitting the sauce a little early today.

Umm yeah, Pitchers lose themselves all the fucking time what are you tlaking about haha.

It can be because hes injured. But since his 2020 CY rona season. Hes seen a massive dip in basically everything. HIs Ks are down. Hes had multiple injuries. More contact. Harder contact.

Pitchers lose it all the time. Thats what happend to Syndergaard. Matt Harvey. Guys have an arm injury and it never returns. Bieber is on a clear decline and not sure why you care since the odds of him ever pitching for Guardians again are like 20%.

Or you get non injury pitchers like Shelby Miller crashing and burning at 25 and not being able to get anyone out.

You suggesting its outlandish that a pitcher could lose it at 28 is hilarious. It happens all the time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct you can get away with bad metrics for a year or 2. They will always catch up with you.

Hence why the entire league is teeing off on QUantrill. He cant strike anyone out. Youre not gonna survive the BABIP game forever.
lol.....I GOTTTA see that list of guys that are flukes over a period of damn near 400 innings. I am sure it is a long and legimtiate list. lol.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....I GOTTTA see that list of guys that are flukes over a period of damn near 400 innings. I am sure it is a long and legimtiate list. lol.

You think Cal Quantril is good???

Not even is mom will tell you hes good

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like I said the first to 80 wins this division.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm yeah, Pitchers lose themselves all the fucking time what are you tlaking about haha.

It can be because hes injured. But since his 2020 CY rona season. Hes seen a massive dip in basically everything. HIs Ks are down. Hes had multiple injuries. More contact. Harder contact.

Pitchers lose it all the time. Thats what happend to Syndergaard. Matt Harvey. Guys have an arm injury and it never returns. Bieber is on a clear decline and not sure why you care since the odds of him ever pitching for Guardians again are like 20%.

Or you get non injury pitchers like Shelby Miller crashing and burning at 25 and not being able to get anyone out.

You suggesting its outlandish that a pitcher could lose it at 28 is hilarious. It happens all the time.
Last year Bieber had a 2.88 era, a whip of 1.04 and struck out a guy an inning in 200 innings pitched. There were not 10 guys in the majors that had a better year. A 5.5 K/BB ratio.

200 innings of a 2.88 ERA. That is incredibly valuable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I do have to say- Bieber does help himself a little bit as the gold glover last year. The Guardians definitely value defense more than most which prob. helps the pitching staff to a certain extent. Though- why they played Rosario so much at SS this year certainly doesn't help that argument- and the Zunino signing, while atrocious offensively might have been even worse defensively. S/h just resigned Hedges and brought up Naylor when ready.

Kwan, Gimenez, Straw, and Bieber won gold gloves last year and Hedges def. was in the conversation at catcher. Rocchio at SS should def. help the defense.

and I gotta say- Straw- unreal CF, great arm.....for some reason hitting does have an effect on the gold glove voting even though it shouldnt- but he should def. win again--- which unfortunately means they will prob keep him. Gimenez should def. win the gold glove again at 2nd but itll be interesting to see how that goes with his down offensive year. Kwan too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynn is awful. Nobody is straightening him out.

Hes getting absolutely mashed by any and everyone. Especially lefties.

The absolute last thing the Guaridans could do would go into stretch run series against the Twins and allow them to start their unlimited supply of lefties against a bottom 3 starter in baseball.
you surprised Lynn has a 2.25 ERA thus far? I gotta saay- I am surprised it has been that good. But not surprised getting out of Chicago has helped a lot. Although I gotta say--- maybe more surprised Syndegaard has a 3.7 ERA thus far....I was thinking like 4.5.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I do have to say- Bieber does help himself a little bit as the gold glover last year. The Guardians definitely value defense more than most which prob. helps the pitching staff to a certain extent. Though- why they played Rosario so much at SS this year certainly doesn't help that argument- and the Zunino signing, while atrocious offensively might have been even worse defensively. S/h just resigned Hedges and brought up Naylor when ready.

Kwan, Gimenez, Straw, and Bieber won gold gloves last year and Hedges def. was in the conversation at catcher. Rocchio at SS should def. help the defense.

and I gotta say- Straw- unreal CF, great arm.....for some reason hitting does have an effect on the gold glove voting even though it shouldnt- but he should def. win again--- which unfortunately means they will prob keep him. Gimenez should def. win the gold glove again at 2nd but itll be interesting to see how that goes with his down offensive year. Kwan too.

57-62

As Wiggy tends to go off on these runs of effusive praise it’s important to keep things in perspective.

57-62

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Bieber had a 2.88 era, a whip of 1.04 and struck out a guy an inning in 200 innings pitched. There were not 10 guys in the majors that had a better year. A 5.5 K/BB ratio.

200 innings of a 2.88 ERA. That is incredibly valuable.

Correct Bieber was very good last year and his metrics lined up. But he still lost a lot of his velo and strike out stuff from 2020. He made it work. But the concerns were there last year and he fell of this year.

And 2021 was a full year where some of his numbers from 2020 started to decline

Thats why Im saying this year didnt totally come out of nowhere. Its his first year hes been pretty average but there were signs.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you surprised Lynn has a 2.25 ERA thus far? I gotta saay- I am surprised it has been that good. But not surprised getting out of Chicago has helped a lot. Although I gotta say--- maybe more surprised Syndegaard has a 3.7 ERA thus far....I was thinking like 4.5.

Way too early on Lynn. If it ends up being legit Id say its more a sign that he truly was checked out in chicago and didnt care, lotta rumors he was a veteran issue.

But looking at his 3 starts while good.....Colorado. Oakland. San Diego(good lineup, massive chokers). And hes still allowed 4 homers in 3 starts. Hes been lucky they are all solos so far. But thats mostly why he sucked ass this year. Was an insane home run rate. His WHIP has been good though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to say. Never thought Id see the day where a Twins rotation is strike out machines. MIght lose this lead if Keuchel makes anymore starts though...

Also curious if a team has ever lead in both getting Ks from starters and striking out the most as your hitters....by a lot.

Twins also lead in both strike outs swinging and looking haha. Basically means even if we dont chase, we will just look at a strike

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
57-62

As Wiggy tends to go off on these runs of effusive praise it’s important to keep things in perspective.

57-62
what do you think the Phils record would be if none of their starters in their rotation on opening day were currently not pitching? oh and hteir payroll was 150 million less.

that- and their hitting has been atrocious- Bell and Zunino were bad signings. Gimenez and Kwan regressed too.

Naylor is really the only over acheiver in the lineup

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Julien?? Julien is shitting on Gimenez

Why not Polanco whose gonna be back this weekend. Hes the one you claim is a journeyman and cant hold the bat of a one year wonder.
as far as #1 overall picks go- he leaves a LOT to be desired. But I guess we shall see.

want to make a bet?

Ill bet from this day till the end of the season Gimenez has a better*****WAR**** than Julien.
this is honestly going to be one of the easiest bets ever.

since these posts on July 20th Gimenez is smoking Julien in WAR.

law of averages....

In August:

Julien: .191 avg., .341 obp., .194 slugging. Yes. .194 slugging. How is that even possible? OPS of .535.

Gimeinez: .357/ avg., .426 obp, .619 slugging, 1.045 OPS.

and of course much better defense.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is honestly going to be one of the easiest bets ever.

since these posts on July 20th Gimenez is smoking Julien in WAR.

law of averages....

In August:

Julien: .191 avg., .341 obp., .194 slugging. Yes. .194 slugging. How is that even possible? OPS of .535.

Gimeinez: .357/ avg., .426 obp, .619 slugging, 1.045 OPS.

and of course much better defense.

Dude seriously, answer the question. Are you mentally retarded?? Like I am legitamately asking you.

There was no bet. Stop referencing a bet. You were talking about POLANCO the entrie time. Then tried to flip flop to Julien when your dumbass was called out for saying Gimenez is better than Polanco for 1 year when Polanco has consistently had OPS+ of 110 or higher his whole career.

Now youre also shifting to august right after Gimenez had one good game and the twins faced 8 lefties and changed Juliens PT haha. Julien still walking a shit ton.

Do you want Ramirez stats this month???? Julien vs Ramirez this year??

Wiggys mongoloid logic is that careers dont matter(Polanco). So Julien>Ramirez.

But answer the question, im not the only one wonder. Is there something wrong with you mentally?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time Wiggy said that the Twins offense was not definitively better than clevelands

Since then. Last 30 days(post all star basically)

Twins .253/.333/.462 .795 OPS. 128 runs. 5th in baseball

Guardians .252/.311/.712 111 runs. 19th in baseball

Just stop

And the season stats are just as bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude seriously, answer the question. Are you mentally retarded?? Like I am legitamately asking you.

There was no bet. Stop referencing a bet. You were talking about POLANCO the entrie time. Then tried to flip flop to Julien when your dumbass was called out for saying Gimenez is better than Polanco for 1 year when Polanco has consistently had OPS+ of 110 or higher his whole career.

Now youre also shifting to august right after Gimenez had one good game and the twins faced 8 lefties and changed Juliens PT haha. Julien still walking a shit ton.

Do you want Ramirez stats this month???? Julien vs Ramirez this year??

Wiggys mongoloid logic is that careers dont matter(Polanco). So Julien>Ramirez.

But answer the question, im not the only one wonder. Is there something wrong with you mentally?
LOL....uh can you read the post?

in case you did not read it - let me quote it again----

"Ill bet from this day till the end of the season Gimenez has a better*****WAR**** than Julien."

and then you suggested Polanco because you thought Julien was so much better than Gimenez it was not even worth mentioning. lol.

well apparently not.