• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely did not say he would be great- I just said he would be much improved. As I stated- I am surprised he has the 2.25 ERA- I was thinking some where around 4.00 while striking some guys out (not unlike your boy Joe Ryan) with the ability to go 7 innings once a in a while. Not bad for the price that was paid.

Ok so you are going to ignore the idiotic Julien comment. Best to fold on that seeing as he was neither moved down in the order nor benched. Moving on from that.

Back to Lynn, again. Please for everyones sake read.....you are claiming victory on "much improved" AFTER THREE STARTS vs BAD TEAMS. Lynn has a 4.38 FIP with the Dodgers still. Looooong way to go dummy.

As for Syndergaard. Your other 3 start victory lap. His FIP with the Guardians is actually worse than it was with Dodgers. Hes got like a 6.6 FIP. He due to get smoked soon. Likely against the Reds and/or the Dodgers.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news. Team doesnt quit. The Youth is still the pulse of the team. And the only veterans who deserve PT(Kepler/Polanco) provided a jolt. Wallner 2 feet away from an epic comeback.

The bad news. This stupid ass FO made horrid depth signings and isntead of swallowing their pride these guys are playing 4 games a week and absolutely killing this team. Farmer, Vazquez and Solano should be holding roster space for the A's at best. Not playing key games for us. Its incredible and its why anytime we win 3 or 4 in a row or get to 5/6 games above .500 we nose dive. Fucking gross.

The difference in the game was throwing Winder for a mop up inning and that run was costly. Oh and Vazquez the trash can behind the plate allowing another SB and air mailing the throw for that run to happen.

Either way, Tigers deserved the shit outta the head to head win. Relentless.

Green/Tork/Carpenter V Lewis/Julien/Wallner/Kirilloff is gonna be fun as fuck for the next 5+ years assuming health @broncosmitty @Stakesarehigh

And thats not to mention any guys either team has in AAA still coming.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda crazy that going for a stolen base that late in the game ends up being the deciding run. What with it being a four homer game and all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so you are going to ignore the idiotic Julien comment. Best to fold on that seeing as he was neither moved down in the order nor benched. Moving on from that.

Back to Lynn, again. Please for everyones sake read.....you are claiming victory on "much improved" AFTER THREE STARTS vs BAD TEAMS. Lynn has a 4.38 FIP with the Dodgers still. Looooong way to go dummy.

As for Syndergaard. Your other 3 start victory lap. His FIP with the Guardians is actually worse than it was with Dodgers. Hes got like a 6.6 FIP. He due to get smoked soon. Likely against the Reds and/or the Dodgers.
well i saw that Julien had sat out 2 of the last 4 games and the game he played he batted 9th---- after having an abysymal last 3+ weeks that made Myles Straw look like Mark McGwire.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

do you get extra run if you complain to the umpire that your FIP is lower than your ERA?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i saw that Julien had sat out 2 of the last 4 games and the game he played he batted 9th---- after having an abysymal last 3+ weeks that made Myles Straw look like Mark McGwire.

Here in lies your problem...your continued lack of baseball knowledge has you jumping to outrageous conlcusions and assumptions.

Julien batted 9th 1 game against the lefty. The twins play platoons. Only start lefties vs lefties if they literally dont have options(mostly why we suck vs lefties we start bad players). When we do start a lefty. One of them always bats 9th. Julien has done it, Kepler has, Kirilloff, Wallner, Gallo. It was 1 game.

When Julien sits one game like yesterday against a righty you have two options to avoid sounding stupid. 1. Use common sense and assume theres a reason 2. Use google. Was invented years ago. Or Twitter(now known as X)

Julien has started every game when healthy vs a righty since the Oakland series the first series post ASB batting 1st or 2nd. And hes rotated games vs lefties with every other lefty based off positional need. Kepler as the vet gets priority(even tho hes sucked vs them for 10 years) but even he sits.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure hes much of a secret. But yeah hes been on a rampage.

Hell of a player. Unfortunately for the Royals not sure when itll matter. They suck now and have a much less ready pipline of youth than the Twins/Tigers/Guardians.

Yikes.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much fun as it is to continue to blow games and have a 84ish win pace while comfortably leading a division. For pure product enjoyment I do hope the central rises in the coming years and young talent battles take place. Would love to get back to the mid-late 2000s battles with tigers.

Going back to my Tigers youth vs Twins youth comment. I think the breakdown is even more similar when looking at the players too.

Im ignoring any players still in minor because 1. I dont know shit about any Tigers 2. I dont actually have much of an eye test anyways its all reading stats and 3. Players still in minors havent played up here yet so no clue how they react in any sample size. So someone like Brooks lee also ignored.

Barring injury Tigers have Greene, Twins have Lewis. I think you can pencil both in as legit no question MLB players. Now how good? Long way to go. But both are immense talents but both start on all 30 teams in baseball right now and I dont see that changing. Except maybe Atlanta buts strictly because they are so good why mess up a good thing.

Then you got Tork and Wallner. Different paths. Tork younger. Wallner more potential defensively moving well for a big man and not playing 1B. But the comp is as hitters. Both with mammoth power. Lotta swing and miss. But quality plate disicpline. Really similar hitters that if either can consistently hit .250 ish, wow.

Then Carpenter/Julien/Kirilloff. All very similar lefties. More natural hitting abilities. Plate coverage. Sneaky power. Work counts. I watch Carpenter much less but to me he seems to really work counts. I know Julien/AK do(sometimes too much).

Just really similar foundations having major talent, pure mashers and more all around type hitters.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a lot of words to try and defend stupidity like Polanco is more valuable than Gimenez......or to be so excited about Julien only to see him benched and dropped in the lineup lately and come shooting back down to earth

Everything I told you would happen has happened

Lynn got better when you ripped on me for saying it. Syndegaard has imrpoved. Julien came shooting down. The combined 2.5 ERA of Gray, Ober and Ryan in June has come crashing down just like I said it would.

a lot of words to cover up that you have been wrong a lot and I have been right a lot lately.

more often than not - time vindicates.

LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?? Youre shifting the goal posts

All I am saying is you have zero basis for it. You talk career years. Two of them are just beginning their careers. No shit is their career years.

Then you are saying that you expect McKenzie, Civale and Bieber to improve the Guardians rotation. When McKenzie is also unproven especially compared to Gray. Civale belongs in neither rotation. And Bieber has metrics that point to a massive decline if anything.

The bet would be Twins rotation vs Guardians. And yes, I will take that all day every day.
Civale belongs in neither rotation ...... :noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Ober is starting to get tired.....

3.10 era in May
3.38 era in June
3.72 era in July
4.80 era in August- and has not gone more than 5 IP in his last 4 starts and not exactly against great competition. Next 2 starts against MIL and TEX. Will be interesting to see how those go- and how the Twins handle it. Like Williams/Allen/Bibee he is already way over most major league IP in a season.

He has 23 AAA innings and 113 major league innings. Most ever in his career before this is the 92 ip 2 years ago in the majors and 16 in minors for a total of 108 in 2021. Only 72 innings last year between majors/minors. combined innings right now is 136.

Do the Twins let him go and not worry about it or cap him? Its not like he is a young guy- he is 28- so maybe they let him go....will be interesting....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much fun as it is to continue to blow games and have a 84ish win pace while comfortably leading a division. For pure product enjoyment I do hope the central rises in the coming years and young talent battles take place. Would love to get back to the mid-late 2000s battles with tigers.

Going back to my Tigers youth vs Twins youth comment. I think the breakdown is even more similar when looking at the players too.

Im ignoring any players still in minor because 1. I dont know shit about any Tigers 2. I dont actually have much of an eye test anyways its all reading stats and 3. Players still in minors havent played up here yet so no clue how they react in any sample size. So someone like Brooks lee also ignored.

Barring injury Tigers have Greene, Twins have Lewis. I think you can pencil both in as legit no question MLB players. Now how good? Long way to go. But both are immense talents but both start on all 30 teams in baseball right now and I dont see that changing. Except maybe Atlanta buts strictly because they are so good why mess up a good thing.

Then you got Tork and Wallner. Different paths. Tork younger. Wallner more potential defensively moving well for a big man and not playing 1B. But the comp is as hitters. Both with mammoth power. Lotta swing and miss. But quality plate disicpline. Really similar hitters that if either can consistently hit .250 ish, wow.

Then Carpenter/Julien/Kirilloff. All very similar lefties. More natural hitting abilities. Plate coverage. Sneaky power. Work counts. I watch Carpenter much less but to me he seems to really work counts. I know Julien/AK do(sometimes too much).

Just really similar foundations having major talent, pure mashers and more all around type hitters.
Carpenter is really doing well against righties. Not sure I’m banking on him ever being average against lefties. Or a good outfielder. On a good team, he’s only situational. But he’s not on a good team, so go gettem Kerry!

Pulling for him. He was an absolute nobody before last season. Been a long time since Detroit had a surprise position player pan out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carpenter is really doing well against righties. Not sure I’m banking on him ever being average against lefties. Or a good outfielder. On a good team, he’s only situational. But he’s not on a good team, so go gettem Kerry!

Pulling for him. He was an absolute nobody before last season. Been a long time since Detroit had a surprise position player pan out.

Carpenter seems to be getting the young lefty Twins treatment in that he doesnt get a whole lot of opportunity to hit lefties so when he does theres no rhythmn.

I know earlier in the year when he was raking Tigers fans were heated. Then Hinch got him in a bit more. So maybe he comes around.

Even though it was hopeless vs a guy like Holten, I love that Rocco for once didnt bring in a scrub righty in the 4th with bases loaded and let Wallner hit. It was a K, but have to build confidence with your actual talent. Jordan Luplow can get fucked.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Ober is starting to get tired.....

3.10 era in May
3.38 era in June
3.72 era in July
4.80 era in August- and has not gone more than 5 IP in his last 4 starts and not exactly against great competition. Next 2 starts against MIL and TEX. Will be interesting to see how those go- and how the Twins handle it. Like Williams/Allen/Bibee he is already way over most major league IP in a season.

He has 23 AAA innings and 113 major league innings. Most ever in his career before this is the 92 ip 2 years ago in the majors and 16 in minors for a total of 108 in 2021. Only 72 innings last year between majors/minors. combined innings right now is 136.

Do the Twins let him go and not worry about it or cap him? Its not like he is a young guy- he is 28- so maybe they let him go....will be interesting....

Ober is definitely laboring. As I said yesterday, the good news is it doesnt look like its a result of teams figuring him out and more potential dead arm and struggling with putting guys away.

Having said that, hes basically a 5-6 inning guy regardless so I wouldnt read into the lengths of his starts more the quality. All year hes consistently went 5 but almost never goes more than 6. There was an article on it. Then KC and Detroit BABIP'd him to death.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carpenter seems to be getting the young lefty Twins treatment in that he doesnt get a whole lot of opportunity to hit lefties so when he does theres no rhythmn.

I know earlier in the year when he was raking Tigers fans were heated. Then Hinch got him in a bit more. So maybe he comes around.

Even though it was hopeless vs a guy like Holten, I love that Rocco for once didnt bring in a scrub righty in the 4th with bases loaded and let Wallner hit. It was a K, but have to build confidence with your actual talent. Jordan Luplow can get fucked.
I’m glad you mentioned that he doesn’t get a ton of opportunities against lefties. Since he doesn’t, but when he does, he isn’t impressive.

Cuz it made me look at his minor league splits. Dude hit .308 .357 with a .907 OPS last year in the minors against lefties.

Maybe he can be more than I’m assuming?

If you get the chance, look at Colt Keith. That’s the lefty I’m looking forward to seeing in Detroits lineup. (Other than RG, who is a stud, even if his swing needs to be shortened)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad you mentioned that he doesn’t get a ton of opportunities against lefties. Since he doesn’t, but when he does, he isn’t impressive.

Cuz it made me look at his minor league splits. Dude hit .308 .357 with a .907 OPS last year in the minors against lefties.

Maybe he can be more than I’m assuming?

If you get the chance, look at Colt Keith. That’s the lefty I’m looking forward to seeing in Detroits lineup. (Other than RG, who is a stud, even if his swing needs to be shortened)

Exactly. And obviously I dont know much about Carpenter. And really none of us see much in the minors for these guys. But they are top talents and its frustrating when they dont get a chance to learn and work through it when in the minors they did these things. Like the twins young studs are 24/25 years old. This is when they should be batting vs lefties. Kyle Farmer should not be getting priority ABs. Willi Castro while 26 is a role player. He slugs .340 as a righty. Why are we halting Julien and Kirlloffs development to bat a righty vs lefties who sucks and isnt the future?

I guess its comforting that Twins aint the only team.

Wallner vs lefties in AAA this year .902 OPS. Last year .911 OPS. Hes 2 for 21 so far in the big leagues. But those are gaudy numbers that show like Carpenter he should get the opportunity.

Last year in AAA Kirilloff had a 1.128 OPS vs lefties. You read that right. In 66 Abs/78 PAs.

Julien a solid .798 OPS this year in AAA vs them.

Its crazy haha. Give them consistent reps.

Twins face Sears for Oakland out of the break he had reverse splits lefties his him at .287 righties at .229. We started 7 righties only 2 lefties were by defualt cause we ran out of right handers. Kepler and Kiriloff(homer) went 2/5. The righties were 2/19 both hits were trash Vazquez.

I need football season, lot more complicated game planning that spares me aneurysms that baseball stupidity gives me.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need football season, lot more complicated game planning that spares me aneurysms that baseball stupidity gives me.

I think aneurysms are very much in the cards for the Vikings fans this year. Only this year everything is not as likely to break our way. I hope I'm wrong.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think aneurysms are very much in the cards for the Vikings fans this year. Only this year everything is not as likely to break our way. I hope I'm wrong.

Haha yeah thatll still be more for performance.

I trust our coaching staff and the way we will try to win games.

This Twins team if it was run by monkeys would have 12 more wins right now. Those are the aneurysms I need gone.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

do you get extra run if you complain to the umpire that your FIP is lower than your ERA?

So as of the 3 start victory lap Syndergaard had a 3.7 ERA and a ghastly 6.62 FIP.

Like I said, an immediate course correction incoming. Now 4 starts in 5.06 ERA(Daniel Norris saved this) and a 7.29 FIP now hahaha

Dodgers up next.