• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a suggestion to keep Julien in the lineup regularly. He has played 181 innings at 1B in the minors with 1 error. He can certainly hold down 1b better than Gallo can. As long as AK and Solano are out, let him play there.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Guardians entered the 9th inning down 8-5. And just tied it with ZERO hits the entire inning. They didnt even PUT THE BALL in play.

Pete fairbanks started the inning with walk, walk and HBP to load the bases. He then wild pitches in 2 runs. Then walks a 3rd guy.

Then the new guy comes in and wild pitches in the 3rd run.

Guardians struck out 3 times. Walked 3 times. Were hit once.

Rays are the team everyone wants in October. Just a mess.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god for Wander Franco

We lose no ground in this shit division tonight

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Guardians entered the 9th inning down 8-5. And just tied it with ZERO hits the entire inning. They didnt even PUT THE BALL in play.

Pete fairbanks started the inning with walk, walk and HBP to load the bases. He then wild pitches in 2 runs. Then walks a 3rd guy.

Then the new guy comes in and wild pitches in the 3rd run.

Guardians struck out 3 times. Walked 3 times. Were hit once.

Rays are the team everyone wants in October. Just a mess.
I can think of another team opponents would prefer in the postseason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of another team opponents would prefer in the postseason.
they dont want the Guardians if Bieber and McKenzie come back in September I can tell youthat- but they just cant get it done.

Curry starting ? not good.

rotation on Opening Day:

Bieber, McKenzie, Quintrell, Civale, Plesac

rotation right now?

Williams, Bibee, Allen, Syndegaard, Curry

yikes.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they dont want the Guardians if Bieber and McKenzie come back in September I can tell youthat- but they just cant get it done.

Curry starting ? not good.

rotation on Opening Day:

Bieber, McKenzie, Quintrell, Civale, Plesac

rotation right now?

Williams, Bibee, Allen, Syndegaard, Curry

yikes.

Ummmm I would rather have WIlliams and Bibee than both Bieber and McKenzie.

Especially Bieber. That dude is cooked.

And McKenzie has barely pitched all year and was bad when he did as a result. Throwing him in october would be basically flipping a coin at instant suicide.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And McKenzie has barely pitched all year and was bad when he did as a result. Throwing him in october would be basically flipping a coin at instant suicide.
If Bieber is cooked with his 3.77 ERA the Lopez with his 3.81 is just as medicore

and Joe Ryan injured with his four and a half ERA is the ash left over on Hawaii right now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another solid start for Lynn with the Dodgers.....looks like he just needed to get out of Chicago.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you compare guys like Bieber and Lopez....

Obviously Bieber has had the far superior career. Not even close. Lopez does not touch him.

This year- Bieber is almost a whole point of ERA over last year. His K/BB rate is down from an average of about 5.5 in his career before this year to under 3.0 this year. Striking out less than a guy an inning for the first time in his career.

STILL he has a better ERA than Lopez. Still- pitching hurt and trying to gut it out with diminished stuff - he STILL was pitching pretty effectively- especially compared to a lot of other starters.

So- Bieber's regression- its either A. because hes cooked or B. because he was pitching hurt.

If he is cooked- he is cooked. IF he is injured- can he get healthy?

I bet he gets healthy and is back to being pretty good next year- instead of just slightly above average like this year (like Lopez). But we shall see. It is obvious he was pitching with pain for most of the year. If he cant get healthy- there are certainly worse things than a 3.77 ERA---- but I am willing to bet at the ripe old age of 29- he still has plenty left in the tank- and I am glad to see the Guardians not pushing him even though it would be the easiest thing to do since they are inexplicably still in the race and desperately need starting pitching.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah Bieber/McKEnzie would not be a huge upgrade over Syndegaard/Curry. lol.

Cmon.

who has a better hypothetical rotation than Bieber, McKenzie, Williams, Bibee, Allen in the American League? I would say the Astros now that Verlander is back and that is probably the end of the list. Maybe the Mariners. Blue Jays drop after Manoah went bust. Tampa has a case too I would say but they seriously have something wrong there in that they cannot keep anyone healthy.

Guards, over time, have done an excellent job overall of keeping pitchers healthy- I really cant remember the last one to have TJ surgery. Iam sure it will happen at some point- maybe even to McKenzie- but it is so far and few between since they know what they are doing.

too bad they are shit at developing hitters.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a suggestion to keep Julien in the lineup regularly. He has played 181 innings at 1B in the minors with 1 error. He can certainly hold down 1b better than Gallo can. As long as AK and Solano are out, let him play there.
does he hit enough to play 1B? He def. started hot but hes batting under .207 in August with 0 hr and 0 rbis. Gonna have to show he can make the adjustment- esp. because the Twins seem to think he is a butcher with the glove.

say what you want about GImenez's bat this year---- 2023 MLB Player Batting Stats | ESPN he is 8th for 2B in WAR due to his gold glove---- which he very well may add another one to his collection this year.

seems like MLB is moving more towards valuing defense, running, etc. the last couple years- esp. now with the shift eliminated--- especially defense up the middle.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as #1 overall picks go- he leaves a LOT to be desired. But I guess we shall see.

want to make a bet?

Ill bet from this day till the end of the season Gimenez has a better*****WAR**** than Julien.

Why Julien?? Julien is shitting on Gimenez

Why not Polanco whose gonna be back this weekend. Hes the one you claim is a journeyman and cant hold the bat of a one year wonder.
Since this post on July 20th Gimenez has without a doubt had a better WAR than Julien.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has zero protection. Even he can not get around that.

Just as to a much lesser extent Tork was brought up....he sucked in April when the whole lineup was historically bad...then had a good May....then Greene got hurt and he sucked in June. Now he's been good since Greene got back. He strikes out too much but his power in his last 200 at bats is encouraging. and he walks a respectable amount.
Ramirez is def. not on top of his game this year- I think a little of that is protection- he had a kind of brutal start to the year power wise too.

He is still a top 20 position player WAR wise....so hes still been good- but def. not top 5 MVP type like he mostly has been for the past few years. I thought he was in for a monster year. He was crushing it before his thumb injury last year and then was pretty ordinary afterwards.

Last year Kwan and Rosario at the top did help him a lot I think. Kwan has gone from a .375 OBP to just over .340 (though hes been better lately). And Rosario's numbers didnt jump off the page he was 5th in hits in the AL last year-

not to mention GImenez who was 2nd in the AL in WAR last year behind Judge--- and has obviously had a pretty weak bat this year. According to ESPN - Gimenez is 2nd in WAR for 2nd basemen in the AL this year- but that is obviously carried by his glove--- and it being a pretty weak position overall.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was awesome! A dude who is essentially a AAAA player tries to clown on a guy with over 400 career saves and immediately gets kicked in the dick. Hilarious.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was awesome! A dude who is essentially a AAAA player tries to clown on a guy with over 400 career saves and immediately gets kicked in the dick. Hilarious.

I mean...to be fair he's not even a pitcher lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bieber is cooked with his 3.77 ERA the Lopez with his 3.81 is just as medicore

and Joe Ryan injured with his four and a half ERA is the ash left over on Hawaii right now

Again, you have absolutely no idea about advanced metrics.

Everything for Bieber is well down before he even got hurt. His velo. His K rate. His breaking pitches are not biting. His WHIP is way up. If you think its the same Shane Bieber I dont know what to tell you, other than go watch NFL preaseason or something

You have got to learn this sport at some point. Quoting era only makes you sound so goddamn ignorant.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this post on July 20th Gimenez has without a doubt had a better WAR than Julien.

No he doesnt LOL.

Julien still getting on at a .350 clip and his D has improved his WAR has basically stayed the same.

AND AGAIN. YOU SAID POLANCO when talking Gimenez. Dude its becoming clear why you are @bksballer89 and the NBA boards punching bag anytime I walk on there.

Do you have brain damage or what??

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair he wasnt clowning on him haha. They were messing around since it was such a blood bath.

He beaned the guy before and they were fucking around too

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesnt LOL.

Julien still getting on at a .350 clip and his D has improved his WAR has basically stayed the same.

AND AGAIN. YOU SAID POLANCO when talking Gimenez. Dude its becoming clear why you are @bksballer89 and the NBA boards punching bag anytime I walk on there.

Do you have brain damage or what??

LMFAO you are getting the real Wiggy experience

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you have absolutely no idea about advanced metrics.

Everything for Bieber is well down before he even got hurt. His velo. His K rate. His breaking pitches are not biting. His WHIP is way up. If you think its the same Shane Bieber I dont know what to tell you, other than go watch NFL preaseason or something

You have got to learn this sport at some point. Quoting era only makes you sound so goddamn ignorant.

it's basically his slider that has suffered this year if you look at the metrics. His velo is down 3 from 2020 so fastball is not a plus pitch for him (by his standards) anymore. But last year his slider was still money