• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fangraphs usually ranks prospects a lot different than most services- but it still surprised me they ranked Allen aheado f Bibee and Williams.

Allen is a lefty with a funky 3/4 delivery- the ball gets on you fast. He has some upside. He will at least be a solid guy- with maybe a little projection for more.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough thing for the Guardians is Ramirez this year is .284/.355/.490

Still very good. But with that lineup they need peak JRam.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ironically enough detroit has scored more runs than cleveland since may 1st.
doesnt surprise me. Their 2 free agents they spent about 25M on were pretty worthless and we refuse to play any outfielders that have any power. That and Gimenez has had a very poor year. Now with Naylor out-- they are in some shit. They obviously waived the white flag on the season.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough thing for the Guardians is Ramirez this year is .284/.355/.490

Still very good. But with that lineup they need peak JRam.

he has zero protection. Even he can not get around that.

Just as to a much lesser extent Tork was brought up....he sucked in April when the whole lineup was historically bad...then had a good May....then Greene got hurt and he sucked in June. Now he's been good since Greene got back. He strikes out too much but his power in his last 200 at bats is encouraging. and he walks a respectable amount.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ironically enough detroit has scored more runs than cleveland since may 1st.
Cleveland may be the third best offense in the division. But they’re the fourth worst in baseball. Two of the three behind em being KC and our Tigers.

Every offense in this division stinks. Some just a little more than others.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland may be the third best offense in the division. But they’re the fourth worst in baseball. Two of the three behind em being KC and our Tigers.

Every offense in this division stinks. Some just a little more than others.

oh...no doubt. was just pointing out the irony of the comment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just as to a much lesser extent Tork was brought up....he sucked in April when the whole lineup was historically bad...then had a good May....then Greene got hurt and he sucked in June. Now he's been good since Greene got back. He strikes out too much but his power in his last 200 at bats is encouraging. and he walks a respectable amount.
yah Tork has come around pretty good on the homer rbi production....still slogging around a .305 obp.....

next year I am sure they d like to see that at about .330-.340 at the least.

ITs good for the Tigers that it appears he is living up to some of hte promise. Some prospects take a while to get going. I still think he is a very valuable piece for them.

hitting major league pitching is hard. Sometimes even prospects with good track records take a while to adjust. I think he will.

I have faith that some of the Guaridans guys like Bo Naylor, Rocchio will adjust as well. Rocchio was always super young for his level in the minors too. He will get going.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course protection helps no doubt. But thats kinda the point with Ramirez, I aint knocking him hes amazing. But the whole point was his current line is not one that is going to be good enough to carry that offense. As you say its likely a result that the rest of offense is so bad but fact remains. He basically needs to slug about .530ish for them to have any shot rest of the way.

As for Tork, I think he was like 3/28 in August before yesterday. Hes still super young so he has plenty of time. But hes been pretty fucking awful his first 2 seasons. He had a negative WAR before yesterdays game(not sure if still is) and of all qualified 1B(theres like 22) he is at or near the bottom in like every category.

The make up is there, but hes got a looooooooooong way to go. Where as someone like Greene and even Carpenter look like definite long term talents or all star in Greenes case.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Tork has come around pretty good on the homer rbi production....still slogging around a .305 obp.....

next year I am sure they d like to see that at about .330-.340 at the least.

ITs good for the Tigers that it appears he is living up to some of hte promise. Some prospects take a while to get going. I still think he is a very valuable piece for them.

hitting major league pitching is hard. Sometimes even prospects with good track records take a while to adjust. I think he will.

I have faith that some of the Guaridans guys like Bo Naylor, Rocchio will adjust as well. Rocchio was always super young for his level in the minors too. He will get going.

He's just disappointing in the sense he was one of the best hitting prospects in some time. He is not even close to that yet.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Falvey is the only GM in the history of american sports that can pull of letting this divison race stay competiive.

He needs to just drop dead, for the good of the organization.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syndegaard has made 3 starts thus far--- 2 have been pretty good.

5 1/3 IP: 1 ER
6 IP: 5 ER
5 2/3 IP: 1 ER

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles Straw has an OPS under .600 in 360 at bats. 0 home runs. He is not even stealing bases when he does get on. Its brutal.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Falvey is the only GM in the history of american sports that can pull of letting this divison race stay competiive.

He needs to just drop dead, for the good of the organization.

At least we only struck out 9 times!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tigers are only 7 back......Guards 3.5...lol....even though both teams gave up already.

Too bad the Guards pissed away a couple amazing pitching performances- could be 1.5 back pretty easily.

Man- Lorenzen has made himself some money this offseason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 2 years guards have basically graduated Kwan, Gimenez, Bo Naylor, Bibee, Allen, Williams, Rocchio, Gonzalez, Hentges, De Los Santos, Freeman, Arias, Brennan, from their minors.....pretty wild.

still have some talent down in the minors too- Espino, DeLatuer, Valera, Cantillo, Martinez, Tena, etc.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can end the Keuchel experiment.

You cant literally be unable to strike a guy out.