• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez already resigned. He did after his elite 4 starts to begin the year then he tanked haha. I think he will figure it out.

Mahle was a negligent trade. They literally just didnt look at the medicals. Unreal. We still have Paddack at some point but who knows with him as well.
the Paddack trade was rough too for medicals if i remember correctly.......didnt you trade a pretty good reliever and then the relief pitching practicallysunk your battleship last year?

I was hoping the Guardians would have been in on Mahle,- but obviously they didnt think it was worth it. Apparently one of the guys the Twins traded is raking in the minors too.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Paddack trade was rough too for medicals if i remember correctly.......didnt you trade a pretty good reliever and then the relief pitching practicallysunk your battleship last year?

I was hoping the Guardians would have been in on Mahle,- but obviously they didnt think it was worth it. Apparently one of the guys the Twins traded is raking in the minors too.

We traded Taylor Rogers but sucked last year and now kinda found himself again. The worst part is we got Pagan so its making ownership insanely biased towards him to justify.

Yeah for Mahle, we gave up Encarnocion-Strand who is doing historic shit in AAA and Spencer Steer who is already contributing solidly in MLB

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#16 Prospect in the Minors--according to MLB.com
Gavin
Williams
RHP, Columbus Clippers, AAATop 30

Scouting grades: Fastball: 65 | Curveball: 55 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 55 | Control: 50 | Overall: 55
Williams popped 95 mph with his fastball as a North Carolina high schooler and 100 mph as an East Carolina freshman, but his development stalled and he went undrafted as a junior in 2020. He finally broke out as a senior, earning American Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Year honors and ranking fifth in NCAA Division I strikeouts per nine innings (14.4) before the Guardians drafted him 23rd overall. Signed for a below-slot $2.25 million, he advanced to Double-A while leading the Minors in opponent average (.173) and ranking third in ERA (1.96) in a spectacular 2022 pro debut.
Williams still stands out most with his fastball, which can sit at 94-97 mph late into games and continues to reach triple digits. The biggest reason for his surge is that after years of struggling to spin the ball effectively, he has developed two solid breaking pitches, with his tighter mid-80s slider landing in the zone and missing bats more frequently than his upper-70s curveball with good shape and depth. He also has a solid mid-80s changeup with fade, though it can get too firm at times.
Besides upgrading his breaking stuff, Williams also has dramatically improved his control after battling the strike zone in his first three college seasons. He cleaned up his delivery and began repeating it better in 2021, and that carried over into pro ball. Once he gets more consistent with throwing his secondary pitches for strikes, he'll be a mid-rotation starter in Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCL Sprain for McKenzie.....

that usually leads to TJ surgery - most of the time......ughhhh.......so many pitching injuries. Just might not be our year.

I think Rocchio should get a lot of run at SS pretty soon.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see former gold glove center fielders play DH at 29 often lol

Yeah, it is embarrassing how badly he is being babied. He had Multiple All-Star, Multiple Gold Glove potential. Now he'll be a JAG type of DH with some pop that strikes out a ton and chronic health problems.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins are so fucking cooked.

Its hilarious. ANother game cant hit. Fuck Correa just DFA him. Eat the money.

This red Sox lineup is honestly mostly shit. A bunch of guys who dont scare me. But what do they do?? They just put the ball in play. Unlike our pile of shit team.

Literally cant get trash can Arroyo or Wong out to save our lives

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy making day to day decisions has to legit be murdered to save this team.

Rocco logic is pull AK your young talent, stunt development(even though none of his career has shown a platoon issue). He brings in Solano to lead off.

So now we are forced to leave in Gallo and Kepler later in the inning should guys get on base. And have them face lefties. It is literal mental retardation running this team.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This red Sox lineup is honestly mostly shit. A bunch of guys who dont scare me. But what do they do?? They just put the ball in play. Unlike our pile of shit team.

Eat 200 million? Lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eat 200 million? Lol

Yup. It aint helping us anyways.

Theres no cap in baseball. If you want to win, all you have to do is get good players. Its the easiest sport in the world to be competitive at.

You dont even need to have some crazy tactian mind knowing playing calling, offense/defense. Just quite literally stick the 9 best players on the field and say go play

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. It aint helping us anyways.

Theres no cap in baseball. If you want to win, all you have to do is get good players. Its the easiest sport in the world to be competitive at.

You dont even need to have some crazy tactian mind knowing playing calling, offense/defense. Just quite literally stick the 9 best players on the field and say go play

Even with his offensive struggles there is no planet where Castro or Farmer are an upgrade.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with his offensive struggles there is no planet where Castro or Farmer are an upgrade.

Royce gets his position back.

Get Miranda back up here. Wallner too. Larnach.

Roll with the young talent that might actually care. And use Julien as a DH instead of Buxton because Julien can actually hit

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce gets his position back.

Get Miranda back up here. Wallner too. Larnach.

Roll with the young talent that might actually care. And use Julien as a DH instead of Buxton because Julien can actually hit

The dude with 3 walks in 100 PAs?

I get being frustrated with a big ticket guy not performing but he's the best SS in your org as of today.

Royce's BABIP is 400

Correa has been horrendously unlucky with a .259 BABIP

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude with 3 walks in 100 PAs?

I get being frustrated with a big ticket guy not performing but he's the best SS in your org as of today.

Royce's BABIP is 400

Correa has been horrendously unlucky with a .259 BABIP

Royce is clutch and to this point hes hit up here last year and this year and hes hit in AAA. Correa is one of the worst hitters with RISP doesnt have good ABs. Buxton is the literal worst in baseball wtih RISP over last two years.

You can get a better BABIP when you dont hit weak pop ups or ground outs all the time(correa cant run). That was Mirandas problem earlier this year, but hes getting goign in AAA again and worth another chance.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce is clutch and to this point hes hit up here last year and this year and hes hit in AAA. Correa is one of the worst hitters with RISP doesnt have good ABs. Buxton is the literal worst in baseball wtih RISP over last two years.

You can get a better BABIP when you dont hit weak pop ups or ground outs all the time(correa cant run). That was Mirandas problem earlier this year, but hes getting goign in AAA again and worth another chance.

I don't agree with your Miranda assessment. He hit the peak of his power last year, but he's a AAAA guy.

And Correa can run, he just chooses not to, he basically admitted as much. Paraphrase "I won't steal, because I could get injured." That's about like Bartolo Colon in the NL saying to the other pitcher to just throw strikes because he's not going to throw his back out swinging a bat. Except 40-something Big Sexy would have actually hurt himself swinging.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it is funny that you rip the Twins constantly but defend them to the hilt. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy making day to day decisions has to legit be murdered to save this team.

Rocco logic is pull AK your young talent, stunt development(even though none of his career has shown a platoon issue). He brings in Solano to lead off.

So now we are forced to leave in Gallo and Kepler later in the inning should guys get on base. And have them face lefties. It is literal mental retardation running this team.
I totally agree on this. Kiriloff is extremely talented. Gotta play him everyday. Now that he is healthy and has almost 500 major league at bats- gott a play him everyday. Should be a good source of HR, RBI, OBP.

Correa and Buxton combining to hit .215/.305./.420 is a huge disappointment.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami got the better of that deal it appears. Holy shit - Arraez is a fucking wizard.
Idk.

Lopez hasn’t had his best month. And Arraez has three different 5 for 5’s. We’re kinda at different bookends stats wise for both guys.

Give the Twins however many more singles they’d have over whoever is getting starts, does it factor much? He has no power and steals no bases.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously it is a function of being in the AL Central- but the Guardians are 1 game back and so much has gone wrong for them this year thus far.

The only thing that really has gone "right" is Josh Naylor.

Clase struggled big time early on- though he has righted the ship recently
Karinchak imploded
Gimenez has sucked
Bell has sucked
Kwan has disappointed
McKenzie has made 2 starts and will, at a minimum, be out until August at this point- I think hes likely headed for TJ
Civale has made 6 starts
Quintrell sucked then got hurt after having 350 innings of 3.2 ERA baseball the last 2 years
Bieber is throwing 91
Oscar Gonzalez fell on his face
They are about to start their 11th different SP tomorrow in less than half a season
Rosario has been awful
Zunino was the worst catcher in baseball

they would be buried in any divisions but the AL and NL Central.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez already resigned. He did after his elite 4 starts to begin the year then he tanked haha. I think he will figure it out.

Mahle was a negligent trade. They literally just didnt look at the medicals. Unreal. We still have Paddack at some point but who knows with him as well.
And he’s signed for what should be the most productive years of his career.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're basing your assessment of Royce being clutch on about 26 career at bats lol.

Dude is striking out 1 out of every 3 at bats and walked twice. His babip of 400 is impossible to maintain stretched over a season.

Like I said I'm certainly not saying Carlos has been great or something this year but to suggest him being cut is absolutely ridiculous. And your take on Lewis is optimistic to say the least.