• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously it is a function of being in the AL Central- but the Guardians are 1 game back and so much has gone wrong for them this year thus far.

The only thing that really has gone "right" is Josh Naylor.

Clase struggled big time early on- though he has righted the ship recently
Karinchak imploded
Gimenez has sucked
Bell has sucked
Kwan has disappointed
McKenzie has made 2 starts and will, at a minimum, be out until August at this point- I think hes likely headed for TJ
Civale has made 6 starts
Quintrell sucked then got hurt after having 350 innings of 3.2 ERA baseball the last 2 years
Bieber is throwing 91
Oscar Gonzalez fell on his face
They are about to start their 11th different SP tomorrow in less than half a season
Rosario has been awful
Zunino was the worst catcher in baseball

they would be buried in any divisions but the AL and NL Central.

I don't even want to hear about pitching injuries

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're basing your assessment of Royce being clutch on about 26 career at bats lol.

Dude is striking out 1 out of every 3 at bats and walked twice. His babip of 400 is impossible to maintain stretched over a season.

Like I said I'm certainly not saying Carlos has been great or something this year but to suggest him being cut is absolutely ridiculous. And your take on Lewis is optimistic to say the least.

Its not a optimistic take on Lewis haha.

Hell, you are already back tracking. Your last post was 100 PA and 3 walks. Now somehow he has 26 career at bats but still never walks.

Unless he gets beaned 75 times.

Lewis was a top over all pick. In 100 MLB ABs across two seperate stints hes got a OPS+ of 131. He hit .313 in AAA last year and hit .333 in his rehad this year.

The guy can hit a baseball. He was highly touted for a reason. Injuries would be the concern. 2 knee tears by 24 isnt no bueno.

And again, its easier to sustain your BABIP when youre fast. He had 7 straight singles vs Tornoto like 4 were infield hits. You can beat them out. Correa cant.

And my assessment on Royce being clutch is he doesnt shrink in situations. And he shows emotion. He cares. Some guys have that others dont.

If teams were told they had to have Royce Lewis for the next 7 years or Carlos Correa. I am telling you its going to unanmiously be Lewis. Correa the one without two blown out knees is the one who routinely cant pass medicals haha

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously it is a function of being in the AL Central- but the Guardians are 1 game back and so much has gone wrong for them this year thus far.

The only thing that really has gone "right" is Josh Naylor.

Clase struggled big time early on- though he has righted the ship recently
Karinchak imploded
Gimenez has sucked
Bell has sucked
Kwan has disappointed
McKenzie has made 2 starts and will, at a minimum, be out until August at this point- I think hes likely headed for TJ
Civale has made 6 starts
Quintrell sucked then got hurt after having 350 innings of 3.2 ERA baseball the last 2 years
Bieber is throwing 91
Oscar Gonzalez fell on his face
They are about to start their 11th different SP tomorrow in less than half a season
Rosario has been awful
Zunino was the worst catcher in baseball

they would be buried in any divisions but the AL and NL Central.

This applies for literally 4/5 AL Central teams.

The Twins are currently 2 games under .500 have a worse record than every AL east/west team except the A's

If one of the 4 teams in this division finds a way to accidentally win 7 or 8 in a row. They win the division at that exact moment. Its that bad.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TC isn't for Twin Cities, it's stands for Teams' Crap.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can't continue, something has to be done! Kepler sucks! He has failed to reach his potential and he's in the way of better players. If he finds it somewhere else, fine. But he is a sunk cost right now.

Hes batting 5th today haha

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes batting 5th today haha
2/3 with a homer and a double. 2 of the 4 RBI.
Max is disappointing for those of us who saw him play in the minors. The Twins tried to trade him last off-season but didn't get any takers. Maybe they can throw him in with someone else at the deadline?
I agree that Wallner is ready for the jump to the bigs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Naylor is on fire right now. So important to have a guy protecting Jose. I do not think its a coincidence Jose has really come on strong since Naylor has gotten going.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/3 with a homer and a double. 2 of the 4 RBI.
Max is disappointing for those of us who saw him play in the minors. The Twins tried to trade him last off-season but didn't get any takers. Maybe they can throw him in with someone else at the deadline?
I agree that Wallner is ready for the jump to the bigs.

The worst part about that is it gives management an excuse to think that he's turning it around.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part about that is it gives management an excuse to think that he's turning it around.
I agree. He'll have another 2/20 week with 7 Ks and Rocco will say he's just getting his feet under him after being out.
Time to bring Wallner up to see what he can do. He was my ladyfriend's favorite player in Cedar Rapids a couple of years ago.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Cora officially might be a worse manager than Rocco

He walked Vazquez intentionally to start the 10th. Im legit flabbergasted.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Cora officially might be a worse manager than Rocco

He walked Vazquez intentionally to start the 10th. Im legit flabbergasted.
Unless the second batter is really fast, it seems like a good move in general to walk the lead off man in extras.

That said, I hate the man of second bullshit.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the second batter is really fast, it seems like a good move in general to walk the lead off man in extras.

That said, I hate the man of second bullshit.

Yeah thats the thing

On second base is Castro(fast as fuck). On deck is Michael A Taylor(fast and can bunt).

Weak contact Vazquez who also strikes out is a brutal intentional walk lol. Mind blowing imo.

But yeah, the rule is awful. Never will be good.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of homers from Buxton, one from Correa and a 3-hit CG from Joe Ryan today. Overall a satisfactory performance.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Keuchel is now in camp. Not sure where he will start out, but he's been working with the same coaches at Driveline that helped Ryan, Thielbar and Jax out. Lets see what he's got left.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda sad its the first Guardian's sweep of the season.....team is playing better now and somewhat stabilizing.

McKenzie injury is just a killer though.

the bullpen struggled early on but its getting back to where it was- though Karinchak imploding is a bummer. I like Cody Morris in the pen but I think they are trying to stretch him out for insurance in the rotation.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Keuchel is now in camp. Not sure where he will start out, but he's been working with the same coaches at Driveline that helped Ryan, Thielbar and Jax out. Lets see what he's got left.
Wow. I assumed he’d hung it up after last year.

Wish him the best. He obviously loves baseball, or he wouldn’t be doing this.