• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody on the spectrum has imagination and vision. Rocco the Robot doesn't. The only problem, as I've stated before, is that firing him does no good. Upper management will just hire another nerd ball doofus that thinks exactly like them. They fired Molitor for less than this and his teams were nowhere near as talented.

I am still mind blown at him pinch hitting Kepler twice this week simply because hes a lefty.

There is literally nothing that says he should have hit for Solano.

Solano

1. Red hot
2. way better average
3. Walks way more
4. Hits righties better

Fucking insanity.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino designated for assignment eliminating a huge hole at catcher

Bo Naylor should be on the way soon. I bet as soon as they get home.

McKenzie scratched with elbow discomfort- not good.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.254/.393/.498 in AAA... not too shabby, and he's cut down on the K's (from 25.9% last year in AAA to 19.3%). Hit .257/.366/.514 there last year as well. I don't think he has anything to prove in the minors

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trip to Target seems like just what the doctor ordered for Detroit.

You aren't kidding... You just kicked the shit out of our best pitcher (although he did well to stay in and get 7 innings to save the pen).

I was thinking 2 or 3 out of 4 would be very attainable against the scuffling Tigers. Now The Twins have to fight for a split after our two best pitchers came up with Ls.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't kidding... You just kicked the shit out of our best pitcher (although he did well to stay in and get 7 innings to save the pen).

I was thinking 2 or 3 out of 4 would be very attainable against the scuffling Tigers. Now The Twins have to fight for a split after our two best pitchers came up with Ls.
Ryan definitely did well to hang on as long as he did. Especially since you guys are going with all bullpen tomorrow.

This is the first time since 2016 that Detroit has scored 5+ runs in six straight. (After getting shutout three times the week before.)

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zunino was a puzzling signing. He was a very high draft pick. He had one big year, but even that year, he only made the All-Star team because he bashed a bunch of Home Runs.

But the Mendoza line needs to be changed to the Zunino line. The dude can't hit. If he never gets back. He'll finish with more than Twice the plate appearances as Mendoza and the .199 career average.

Addition by subtraction.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan definitely did well to hang on as long as he did. Especially since you guys are going with all bullpen tomorrow.

This is the first time since 2016 that Detroit has scored 5+ runs in six straight. (After getting shutout three times the week before.)

I'm curious as to why Rocco is going bullpen. Varland has adequate rest and pitched very well and very economically against Toronto Sunday (89 pitches). AND it was the bullpen that cost him the win.

This feels like a series win for Detroit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to why Rocco is going bullpen. Varland has adequate rest and pitched very well and very economically against Toronto Sunday (89 pitches). AND it was the bullpen that cost him the win.

This feels like a series win for Detroit.
I didn’t hear any reasoning for it on the post game show.

Your high leverage guys all have a couple days of rest. Lol

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Detroit is due for a no extra base hit day.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t hear any reasoning for it on the post game show.

Your high leverage guys all have a couple days of rest. Lol

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Detroit is due for a no extra base hit day.
is Torkelson starting to figure it out?

Greene and ERod should be back soon- prob. your best hitter and best pitcher. Is it time to start worrying about Detroit entering the AL Central crap-fest long term?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.254/.393/.498 in AAA... not too shabby, and he's cut down on the K's (from 25.9% last year in AAA to 19.3%). Hit .257/.366/.514 there last year as well. I don't think he has anything to prove in the minors
kinda fluky what the Guardians did last year....the whole team is being turned over pretty much

I expect Rosario to be dealt and either Freeman or Rocchio to take over at short. Long term I think Rocchio is going to be very good. He has some poor-man's Lindor to him.

With McKenzie out- depending on how long- I wonder if they will bring up Gaving Williams. My gut says no-I think they want some protection in case Bibee or Allen slide- but we shall see.

Cleveland's rotation is going to be so much different a year from now than it was at the beginning of the season. Williams, Allen, Bibee and Espino all could be in the rotation with McKenzie....or wait on Espino becuase of injury and keep Civale- who has been doing well.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Torkelson starting to figure it out?

Greene and ERod should be back soon- prob. your best hitter and best pitcher. Is it time to start worrying about Detroit entering the AL Central crap-fest long term?
He’s having good at bats. Drawing walks. Hitting the ball hard.

For like a week now!

It is good to see. Stretching out the double tonight was nice. Kinda ballsy, but he’s been feeling good for a few games.

Manning and Skubal have both started in Toledo this week. Smooth sailing so far for both. Assuming AS break or before for those two. ERod is throwing, idk when they think he’ll pitch. Or if he needs a rehab first. No idea on RG. He was playing all around good baseball. Where if he’d been their AS, it wouldn’t have even been that cheap. They should take their time there.

The Tigers have more than enough pitching talent in the organization to keep them competitive. Just depends on if they’re healthy. The offense is not going to be great. Showing it’s capable of decent lately though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s having good at bats. Drawing walks. Hitting the ball hard.

For like a week now!

It is good to see. Stretching out the double tonight was nice. Kinda ballsy, but he’s been feeling good for a few games.

Manning and Skubal have both started in Toledo this week. Smooth sailing so far for both. Assuming AS break or before for those two. ERod is throwing, idk when they think he’ll pitch. Or if he needs a rehab first. No idea on RG. He was playing all around good baseball. Where if he’d been their AS, it wouldn’t have even been that cheap. They should take their time there.

The Tigers have more than enough pitching talent in the organization to keep them competitive. Just depends on if they’re healthy. The offense is not going to be great. Showing it’s capable of decent lately though.
yah too bad with all the pitching injuries. Skubal, Manning and Mize were a helluva minor league contingent.....

injuries get pitchers so bad--- but if they have good stuff- which they all do- they should get back.

Espino is the one I am super bummed about for the Guardians. He has the best stuff of any Cleveland starting pitcher minor leaguer since CC Sabathia. Maybe better.

Riley Greene is going to be a stud multi-time all star. He is not Corbin Carroll- but he is similar in some ways.

Where is Mize at?

One of the downsides of the Guardians never being bad is they never draft high. Last time they drafted high they took Lindor (edit- actually CLint Frazier- Lindor before that). I think Mize and Torkelson were both extremely high picks.... 4 top 5 picks in a row for the Tigers--- including 2 #1 overall- they should be on the move up.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah too bad with all the pitching injuries. Skubal, Manning and Mize were a helluva minor league contingent.....

injuries get pitchers so bad--- but if they have good stuff- which they all do- they should get back.

Espino is the one I am super bummed about for the Guardians. He has the best stuff of any Cleveland starting pitcher minor leaguer since CC Sabathia. Maybe better.

Riley Greene is going to be a stud multi-time all star. He is not Corbin Carroll- but he is similar in some ways.

Where is Mize at?

One of the downsides of the Guardians never being bad is they never draft high. Last time they drafted high they took Lindor (edit- actually CLint Frazier- Lindor before that). I think Mize and Torkelson were both extremely high picks.... 4 top 5 picks in a row for the Tigers--- including 2 #1 overall- they should be on the move up.
Doubt we see Mize in game action this year. There are scenarios, but I doubt we see him.

He and Skubal and Manning healthy heading into next year would be big.

Haven’t seen enough of Carroll to have an opinion. But he looks on paper to be as advertised.

Greene is prolly Detroits best position talent to come through the system since Kirk Gibson. No AS games for Gibby, but he has his MVP. Greene isn’t the athlete, but has a higher ceiling as a player.

What’s Espino’s time table?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt we see Mize in game action this year. There are scenarios, but I doubt we see him.

He and Skubal and Manning healthy heading into next year would be big.

Haven’t seen enough of Carroll to have an opinion. But he looks on paper to be as advertised.

Greene is prolly Detroits best position talent to come through the system since Kirk Gibson. No AS games for Gibby, but he has his MVP. Greene isn’t the athlete, but has a higher ceiling as a player.

What’s Espino’s time table?

Detroit should be getting Rodriguez Skubal and Manning all back within the next few weeks.

Greene is going to be a stud...no question.

Mize is one injury away from being trash I fear. The only relief I take from this is the draft class isn't insanely strong behind him from that year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnbull is done for I think. Not that they needed him persay but things were looking exciting end of 2021 and then the injury train got ran on every single pitcher worth a shit in the org.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have guessed that the Twins' top starters would get hammered and in a bullpen game, they allow no runs on 3 hits and a walk.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have guessed that the Twins' top starters would get hammered and in a bullpen game, they allow no runs on 3 hits and a walk.

Agreed. That was outstanding and nobody could have seen it coming. Hopefully Varland is on point again tomorrow.