• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see if the Twins can stay over .500 this week.
Doubtful. Like last year started off well and had the Lead and then got steam rolled and fell back how many games was it by seasons end, 15?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story pretty much every year with detroit

But this year pretty frustrating with being 1 game out and then their best pitcher and hitter going down simultaneously.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins are at 0 runs in 15 innings against the Rays. LIke 1 run in their last 28. 4 in their last 42.

Baldumbass keeps batting Correa 3rd. 0/3 with 2 ks today against Cooper fucking Crispwell. Stares at strike 3 down middle with 2 on. Cant hit with men on keeps batting 3rd.

Solano has a .353 slugging and bats 4th or 5th every game

Kepler is Kepler

Gary Sanchez has 4 homers in 35 Abs with Padres. Vazquez has 5 doubles in 124 ABs this year.

Falvey built this team. Rocco manages. Both need to quite literally get hit by busses to save this franchise. Its fucking negligence every single fucking night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Guardians end up with the division even with a slow start.

Buxon is hurt again. Correa seems to be banged up a lot. Mahle is done for the year. Gray, Ober and Ryan pitched as well as they can- highly unlikely they finish with a combined 2.50 era like right now. Larnach never figured it out. KEpler is declining. Miranda - who had a good year last year- has taken a step back.

Kirilof could be a big deal for them though., MAYBE Lewis. Those 2 guys give the Twins hope if you ask me- and if Correa and Buxton get healthy and perform. The bullpen is better this year . Duran is nasty- but when I saw him against the Tribe his usage was a little rough- not sure if that is a trend or just what I saw that game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand - the Guardians pitching staff is gonna get better. Civale and McKenzie are back finally. Bieber has underperformed and while he has declined I think he has more in the tank then he has shown. Allen, Bibee look good. Gavin Williams is dominating in the minors.

but mostly- the hitting is starting to come alive. Bell , Rosario and Gimenez have been a disaster and I think each one will get going at some level. Jose is heating up. Naylor looks good. Getting hte other Naylor up soon will eliminate a HUGE hole at C. Will Brennan is on fire.

Little concerned about the bullpen- Karinchak and De Los Santos and Hentges are regressing. They could use a good bullpen arm at the deadline and have the ammo to get one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really- the team is just so young. We will see how it goes- but might be time to move Bieber and Rosario and do a mini-build on the fly.

Might just be time to let Freeman or Rocchio play SS, and get Williams and Bo Naylor up.

McKenzie, Civale, Bibee, Allen, Williams is the rotation of the future

C. Bo Naylor
1B- Josh Naylor
2B Gimenez
SS- Freeman or Rocchio
3B- Ramirez
LF- Kwan
CF- Straw
RF- Brennan

that team is so inexpensive its really insane. They need a bat either at DH, RF or CF. I like Brennan - he can prob play center.

need to improve and get a power hitter. Maybe VAlera eventually.

future is so bright though. Really crazy how they have rebuild basically the whole roster other than Bieber and Jose on the fly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story pretty much every year with detroit

But this year pretty frustrating with being 1 game out and then their best pitcher and hitter going down simultaneously.
I really like Riley Greene long term.

looks like the money signing Rodriguez was well spent. Sorry to see him go down- was kicking ass on my fantasy team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always has been.
always-has-been.gif
always???

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four years ago.

Before Minnesota won today, every team in the AL besides Oakland, had a better record.
well one of those years was the pandemic year where they did have 3 of the top 5 teams in the AL winning % wise

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy is the Twins should be ahead a lot more games with their plus minus way the hell better than any other central team. Sox are lucky to be in this race right now. Twins are like 90 run differential better.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand - the Guardians pitching staff is gonna get better. Civale and McKenzie are back finally. Bieber has underperformed and while he has declined I think he has more in the tank then he has shown. Allen, Bibee look good. Gavin Williams is dominating in the minors.

but mostly- the hitting is starting to come alive. Bell , Rosario and Gimenez have been a disaster and I think each one will get going at some level. Jose is heating up. Naylor looks good. Getting hte other Naylor up soon will eliminate a HUGE hole at C. Will Brennan is on fire.

Little concerned about the bullpen- Karinchak and De Los Santos and Hentges are regressing. They could use a good bullpen arm at the deadline and have the ammo to get one.

Or on the other hand if the Twins get healthy, the offense gets remotely consistent they win the division by like 15 games.

The run differential shows the Twins are light years ahead

Just incompetently run which is keeping everyone in it. And that sadly may not change.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy is the Twins should be ahead a lot more games with their plus minus way the hell better than any other central team. Sox are lucky to be in this race right now. Twins are like 90 run differential better.

Yeah thats what I keep saying.

I see fans of the other teams on twitter being like "if we did this better wed be winning the division right now"

Completely ignoring the fact that the Twins have been inconsitent shit too but still light years ahead of everyone else in run differential.

Fact is all these teams suck, but Twins have the clear cut talent edge. Its all about Rocco and Falvine getting out of the way.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Correa and Kepler both pull their heads outta their asses with 2 massive 7 run swings.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or on the other hand if the Twins get healthy, the offense gets remotely consistent they win the division by like 15 games.

The run differential shows the Twins are light years ahead

Just incompetently run which is keeping everyone in it. And that sadly may not change.
I think Gray, Ryan and Ober have all been pitching over their heads.

compare that to the Guardians who have been missing Civale and Mckenzie all year and have had Bieber underperform. Bibee and Allen made their major league debuts and now have some experience.

in the last series with the Guardians- Gray gave up his first homer of the year. Maybe he has a career year this year- but we shall see.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree.

Twins should have a pretty large lead right now. They have gotten very good starting pitching - even considering Mahle is done for the year and Lopez started off amazing and has struggled to a certain extent.

Twins could run away with the division if Correa and Buxton both get healthy and perform up to expectations- but the story of those guys careers (especially Buxton) are getting injured.

I do not think there is even 1 player on the Guardians over performing expectations right now- and conversely- I think the vast majority of the guys have underperformed.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I do have to say- if its close- having Francona is a good thing.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gray, Ryan and Ober have all been pitching over their heads.

compare that to the Guardians who have been missing Civale and Mckenzie all year and have had Bieber underperform. Bibee and Allen made their major league debuts and now have some experience.

in the last series with the Guardians- Gray gave up his first homer of the year. Maybe he has a career year this year- but we shall see.

Huh???

How do you know they are pitching over their heads haha. Ryan has a FIP literally identical to his ERA. Obers FIP is a little higher but still really good. He pitched great last year when healthy. DOminated spring training and was great in AAA. Ryan had a 3.5 last year and hes lowered his home run rate hence his better results. What do you mean over their heads? Joe Ryan has always had a WHIP around or under 1. haha. Gray also has a FIP right in line with his ERA.

The biggest irony here is that Lopez who has been disappointing since signing his deal is actually the one with numbers that show improvement should be coming. So really its more likely to have a 4th starter joining that pack. His FIP is far better than his ERA and his last couple starts have turned a corner.

Funny you say Gray is pitching over his head. But Mckenzie is ccoming back?? Gray has a much more proven track record. Civale?? That dude wouldnt even be in the Twins rotation and really shouldnt be in the Guardians either so not sure why you mention him.

Also, Bieber has fucking awful metrics. If anything hes due to get even worse. HIs K rate has plummeted and all the advanced stats say hes hanging by a thread. Plus, hes getting traded soon anyways.

Your focus should be on whether or not the Twins offense stays shit or finds a hot streak. Thats the issue with them.