• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the twins actually won a series. Yes

Cause the rest of the ham and eggers always make noise.
Maybe you guys can be the 2024 version of the Tampa Bay Rays and be the post script in the history of a real franchise with a serious payroll.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland would be so much scarier if they had even a slightly decent rotation that was a consistent threat for 6 innings.
Cleveland has one of the best pens I’ve seen in years. It’s kind of funny though when you look at the lineup. It’s like putting $6,000 rims on a Buick Skylark.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you guys can be the 2024 version of the Tampa Bay Rays and be the post script in the history of a real franchise with a serious payroll.

The only bad thing for the AL central is they are in the AL.

Would be great to get that Phillies bye week

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only bad thing for the AL central is they are in the AL.

Would be great to get that Phillies bye week
The two teams getting the bye this year are huge and if CLE ends up getting one, I hope the other is NY. NY always dominates and they knocked out several times in recent years.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two teams getting the bye this year are huge and if CLE ends up getting one, I hope the other is NY. NY always dominates and they knocked out several times in recent years.

This is a massive year for the bye.

A bye is always nice. But the AL is so flawed and wide open. Being able to rest and set your rotation this year is massive.

If twins could ensure themselves López/Ryan/Ober I’d love their odds in a homefield best of 5

But barring miracle that ain’t happening

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You rarely see that. Kwan juked him out

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has one of the best pens I’ve seen in years. It’s kind of funny though when you look at the lineup. It’s like putting $6,000 rims on a Buick Skylark.
Yeah I mean their 4 and 5 depends on a combination of Cobb and Boyd but even their top 3 isn’t ideal. Crazy Lively has been the ace but Bibee when on can be a stupid. Gavin looking better of late and velocity up.
Some teams go to a 4 man rotation and if Cobb can be decent (which is better than any #4 for CLE this year) that could help a lot. Cookie gets tossed from the rotation as more of a long reliever. A lot of unknowns for this rotation

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year…yes
Obviously depends on some things but if three teams make it, I think that gives a decent chance one could make the ALCS but who knows. It’s all about who gets hot.

Every team in the AL has a clear major weakness.
Houston is coming on but they still have a handful of weaknesses unlike in other years.
Yankees probably the biggest threat to most teams.
Orioles if they can get hot are tough but their BP is shit.
Royals and Guardians have a good balance but unless CLE’s rotation works out…KC has just as much of a chance than anyone

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean their 4 and 5 depends on a combination of Cobb and Boyd but even their top 3 isn’t ideal. Crazy Lively has been the ace but Bibee when on can be a stupid. Gavin looking better of late and velocity up.
Some teams go to a 4 man rotation and if Cobb can be decent (which is better than any #4 for CLE this year) that could help a lot. Cookie gets tossed from the rotation as more of a long reliever. A lot of unknowns for this rotation
I was talking about their everyday lineup as well. You’re right on the starting pitching though. Because of off days, your starter only has to get you through the lineup maybe 2 times and into the 4th or 5th with a pen like the Guardians. If need be they can stack 4-5 guys out of the pen with like sub 2.00 ERA and sub 1.1 WHIPs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about their everyday lineup as well. You’re right on the starting pitching though. Because of off days, your starter only has to get you through the lineup maybe 2 times and into the 4th or 5th with a pen like the Guardians. If need be they can stack 4-5 guys out of the pen with like sub 2.00 ERA and sub 1.1 WHIPs.
Their lineup has their stretches where it is difficult to score runs but they are still right there at a top 10 offense. Definitely some holes but they have tinkered with basically all year. This year really wasn’t supposed to be the year for their breakout but I still think they make some noise. Do I expect them to get to the ALCS or WS? Nope but the team keeps surprising me. The postseason is a different world and the fact is they still have young players. I like their mix of veterans more than recent years but I have a handful of other teams ahead of them.

1. Phillies
2. Dodgers
3. Yankees
4. Brewers
5. Braves
6. Cheatros

I would probably put the Orioles ahead of them but they have played good against them so far this year.
Teams like the Royals, Twins and Padres are probably in the same class. Record does not matter but they will have a major advantage with their BP and if they can get a bye.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their lineup has their stretches where it is difficult to score runs but they are still right there at a top 10 offense. Definitely some holes but they have tinkered with basically all year. This year really wasn’t supposed to be the year for their breakout but I still think they make some noise. Do I expect them to get to the ALCS or WS? Nope but the team keeps surprising me. The postseason is a different world and the fact is they still have young players. I like their mix of veterans more than recent years but I have a handful of other teams ahead of them.

1. Phillies
2. Dodgers
3. Yankees
4. Brewers
5. Braves
6. Cheatros

I would probably put the Orioles ahead of them but they have played good against them so far this year.
Teams like the Royals, Twins and Padres are probably in the same class. Record does not matter but they will have a major advantage with their BP and if they can get a bye.
youre overrating the brewers imo

This is a pretty clsssic Milwaukee team. Really solid for a 162 game season.

But simply don’t have the top end talent to win any sort of lengthy series

Or maybe even a 3 gamer