• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Margot and Martin continuing to find their way into the lineup Vs righties

Is flat out disgusting

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a pitching game.

Festa was great. Thielbar looked like vintage Thielbar for once. They got it to the big 3 who did the rest.

Festa is a very intriguing arm. Has MLB stuff. Can he control it enough is the question. 3 very nice outings in a row after a brutal first two.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians still have clear edge at division, barring head to head disaster

But they may want to stop starting the worst all star in MLB history against right handers. That’s just giving yourselves an uneccessary handicap.

Seeing as I throw right handed, David Fry couldn’t get a hit off me.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the Guardians will still win division and Twisn might still miss playoffs. We just punt games

Vs the soft tossing left we throw out a junk righty lineup. Start Vazquez when data continues to show that Lopez SUCKS with him. On a day when we have no bullpen. So we are forced to go to Randy goddamn Dobnak(shouldn't even be on the team)

@VikingFan2k2 if you say that Martin is fine you need to just come out as a Royals or Guards fan. He's not just bad. He's fucking horrendous. Has basically played every game for a week. He's batting 6th and hitting 2 hop grounders with a .640 OPS. Tonight he allowed a guy to tag up and run to second on a routine fly ball to CF cause he didn't get behind it. Then looked like an actual helmet wearing danger to society on this...

Fuck that guy.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the Guardians will still win division and Twisn might still miss playoffs. We just punt games

Vs the soft tossing left we throw out a junk righty lineup. Start Vazquez when data continues to show that Lopez SUCKS with him. On a day when we have no bullpen. So we are forced to go to Randy goddamn Dobnak(shouldn't even be on the team)

@VikingFan2k2 if you say that Martin is fine you need to just come out as a Royals or Guards fan. He's not just bad. He's fucking horrendous. Has basically played every game for a week. He's batting 6th and hitting 2 hop grounders with a .640 OPS. Tonight he allowed a guy to tag up and run to second on a routine fly ball to CF cause he didn't get behind it. Then looked like an actual helmet wearing danger to society on this...

Fuck that guy.

That was some horse shit. Little League players can play the ball better. Austin can fuck right off. Kepler should have been backing him up better than that, but it should have been caught. Not that it matters much with Dobber being Rocco's white flag in a 2 run game.

He blew his bullpen the previous night and decided to forfeit tonight.

Win or lose tomorrow, we're going to see what this team is really made of in the 7 games in 6 days following it. The Guardians get themselves back-to-back doubleheaders. The Royals get the Cardinals, who aren't good, but hopefully Sonny Gray can pick us up at the end of that series.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some horse shit. Little League players can play the ball better. Austin can fuck right off. Kepler should have been backing him up better than that, but it should have been caught. Not that it matters much with Dobber being Rocco's white flag in a 2 run game.

He blew his bullpen the previous night and decided to forfeit tonight.

Win or lose tomorrow, we're going to see what this team is really made of in the 7 games in 6 days following it. The Guardians get themselves back-to-back doubleheaders. The Royals get the Cardinals, who aren't good, but hopefully Sonny Gray can pick us up at the end of that series.

That's why sticking with the rotating catcher thing was nuts. We had to have length from mental case Pablo and he cant do it with Vazquez. Which is odd considering Jeffers is the one whose NOT hispanic.

As you said we essentially punted again.

But yeah, if Buxton is out we are fucked cause Margot and Martin are circus freaks in the OF. And Kepler is just a lazy bastard. He half assed it on the fourth run too.

It wont happen but when Correa comes back our core 9 should be Castro/Larnach/Lewis/Wallner/Correa/Buxton/Santana/Miranda with one of the catchers. Lee rotates in. Margot simply platoon. Kepler rotates less.

Sadly, Farmer is starting a rehab, and the result is gonna piss us all off

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Ryan hurt. Seasons over

Org is the worst I’ve ever seen.

Everyone saying “play for Cleveland and KC” “rest up for them”. Well even if we go 3-1 that’s only gaining 2 games on guardians.

These games matter too. Rest royce a day after he DHs. Martin playing and popping out again.

For Cleveland we have 3 AAA pitchers scheduled. Yup, play for them.

Only trade we made was Trevor Richards. Guy walks 5 today. Fucking bum.

You have to massive fuck up to mismanage this roster. Best we’ve ever had and won’t make playoffs

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Ryan hurt. Seasons over

Org is the worst I’ve ever seen.

Everyone saying “play for Cleveland and KC” “rest up for them”. Well even if we go 3-1 that’s only gaining 2 games on guardians.

These games matter too. Rest royce a day after he DHs. Martin playing and popping out again.

For Cleveland we have 3 AAA pitchers scheduled. Yup, play for them.

Only trade we made was Trevor Richards. Guy walks 5 today. Fucking bum.

You have to massive fuck up to mismanage this roster. Best we’ve ever had and won’t make playoffs

Do we know it's season ending

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know it's season ending
Dean Kremer was out for almost five weeks with a triceps strain. It’s probably one of the best scenario arm injuries right now, but at this point, it might be season ending. Ryan is also not going to have traditional minor league rehab and is going to basically be facing complex guys and simulated games to get his pitch count back up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Witt Jr. is at this point the most valuable player in baseball, imo. Just does too many things at an elite level. If he played in a bandbox his HR total would stand out more, albeit at a cost to his batting average and triples total.

On a side note, the Royals really just need to extend Pasquantino in the offseason. Safest profile I’ve seen in a Royals player in a lot of years. He’s finally seeing positive regression, especially in the power department, and he’s still young with an excellent approach and good 1B defense. Easy extension candidate and sets up a heart of the order of Witt-Pasquantino-Jac sooner than later.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians still have clear edge at division, barring head to head disaster

But they may want to stop starting the worst all star in MLB history against right handers. That’s just giving yourselves an uneccessary handicap.

Seeing as I throw right handed, David Fry couldn’t get a hit off me.
the Guardians dont even have starters listed for the 2 of the 4 games and the Twins are starting Varland and Festa......both teams starting pitching is beat to shit.

I dont know who the Guardians start those 2 games. Cobb and Williams are the 2 listed guys---- I wonder if they hold Bibee out longer or pitch him- not sure the extent of his injury.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Guardians dont even have starters listed for the 2 of the 4 games and the Twins are starting Varland and Festa......both teams starting pitching is beat to shit.

I dont know who the Guardians start those 2 games. Cobb and Williams are the 2 listed guys---- I wonder if they hold Bibee out longer or pitch him- not sure the extent of his injury.

Yeah twins are just stupid.

We will lose 3/4

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Witt Jr. is at this point the most valuable player in baseball, imo. Just does too many things at an elite level. If he played in a bandbox his HR total would stand out more, albeit at a cost to his batting average and triples total.

On a side note, the Royals really just need to extend Pasquantino in the offseason. Safest profile I’ve seen in a Royals player in a lot of years. He’s finally seeing positive regression, especially in the power department, and he’s still young with an excellent approach and good 1B defense. Easy extension candidate and sets up a heart of the order of Witt-Pasquantino-Jac sooner than later.
I thought PAsquantino would be solid- but if you told me one of Pasquintino or Torkelson would wash out in the minors this yera- i would have lost a lot of money picking on which one it would be.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought PAsquantino would be solid- but if you told me one of Pasquintino or Torkelson would wash out in the minors this yera- i would have lost a lot of money picking on which one it would be.

Hot take: Pasquantino *always* had a safer batting profile than Torkelson straight up. Lower k rates, comparable or better walk rates, and at no point has been a below average hitter at the MLB level. The only scary thing about Pasquantino is having shoulder surgery last year. Despite a pretty slow start he has had a pretty decent year.

This is the kind of stuff where I kind of find the whole draft industry to be a bit Fugazi.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals farm system is up to #25 from Dead Last.

Dayton Moore really did terrible damage to an already weak organization…

Less pressure now with the MLB club starting to show meaningful and tangible growth, but guys like Cross and Mitchell are probably gonna have a lot asked of them, more than should be asked for a non top BA prospect.