• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about the time of the year where Ober and Ryan got tired last year---- I dont think itll happen again this year- Twins have done a nice job managing Ober's innings as well.

Itll take Cobb and Boyd a couple starts to get things going- but maybe getting a couple fresh arms is not the worst thing that could happen for the last 2 months of the season.

Ill make a bold prediction and say- that on October 1st- when we look back at Flaherty, Kikuchi, Rogers, Fedde, Lorenzen, etc. that got traded- Cobb will be near the top of the pack of guys that make an impact.

Not a lot to back that up- just a feeling.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the MVP award is obviously Judge's to lose--- and Witt not far behind--- but damn- Jose has been so good.

Jose has

2nd place MVP
2 3rd place MVP
4th place MVP
6th place MVP

he looks like he will finish no worse than 4th this year- if not higher. I think its fair to say he is on track for a hall of fame career

going back to 2016- only 2 players have a higher fWAR than Ramirez- Betts and Trout
Gotta throw Soto in there but I agree, it’s Judge the clear frontrunner

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about the time of the year where Ober and Ryan got tired last year---- I dont think itll happen again this year- Twins have done a nice job managing Ober's innings as well.

Itll take Cobb and Boyd a couple starts to get things going- but maybe getting a couple fresh arms is not the worst thing that could happen for the last 2 months of the season.

Ill make a bold prediction and say- that on October 1st- when we look back at Flaherty, Kikuchi, Rogers, Fedde, Lorenzen, etc. that got traded- Cobb will be near the top of the pack of guys that make an impact.

Not a lot to back that up- just a feeling.

Ryan didn't get tired he got hurt and tried to pitch through it and his decline started earlier. Also didn't even have a massive innings increase. Not really worried about his innings.

Ober did. So will be interesting one in September. He should be fine for now. But come the stretch run he's still on pace to solidly go over last years total.

Since we didn't make a trade those 2 and Lopez will have to ride to the finish line. Lopez has zero stamina concerns at least.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know how scoring changes generally work? Do the teams petition for stats or does someone just randomly realize a OS was a dumbass?

I mentioned during Ryans start vs the Tigers last weekend that Miranda had one of the most obvious errors ever and it was ruled a hit. Ryan finished the game with that counting as 1 of his 3 ER. It stuck for a days. Now its randomly been changed and his line corrected.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know how scoring changes generally work? Do the teams petition for stats or does someone just randomly realize a OS was a dumbass?

I mentioned during Ryans start vs the Tigers last weekend that Miranda had one of the most obvious errors ever and it was ruled a hit. Ryan finished the game with that counting as 1 of his 3 ER. It stuck for a days. Now its randomly been changed and his line corrected.
I'm sure organizations have the stat guy that reports shit like this and they review everything. Then petition it. I think players can do it too but I think that is very rare. I remember Kyle Tucker petitioning a homerun or something last year.

Found this on reddit, sounds like basically what I was saying:

"The system is run by MiLB, and MLB has a similar, but more extensive program. The official scorer still scores in a score book of his or her choosing based on whatever layout they like best. (I prefer simple layouts rather than the extensive info you'll see posted by a lot of people on this sub. As long as it covers what I need, I'm good with it). The data caster is clicking the pitch location and every single sequence so it helps keep track of pitch counts, balls and strikes. It will also auto populate wins, losses, saves, blown saves and holds in case you need it for reference, but it must be double checked at the end of each game by the official scorer. So basically, it's just two people and it's a lot of info to take in should a game get out of hand, or some of the quirks of the game come in to play. Automatic strikes or automatic balls can be confusing if you stop paying attention, lose focus, or get distracted by people in the press box, (which can happen quite often). but in those cases you really hope the pitch clock operator is paying attention to help out.

After the game, the "official" box score is distributed to the managers of both teams and the umpires. If either manager disagrees with a decision, they can contact the official scorer to see if they will change it after all he or she reviews the play in question. If they choose not to contact the official scorer, they can agree to a change and speak to the league for them to change. They have 24 hrs to request a change be made. If the managers agree, typically the change will be allowed, if they disagree, a further review by the league is done, (if the official scorer refuses a change or wasn't contacted at all), and their decision becomes final.

From that box score, a league person, will pull out the deeper stats that you see on the web sites. It would be near impossible to track all the stats we can get on a website in real time, so we have to do those after the fact and it's time consuming."

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure organizations have the stat guy that reports shit like this and they review everything. Then petition it. I think players can do it too but I think that is very rare. I remember Kyle Tucker petitioning a homerun or something last year.

"The system is run by MiLB, and MLB has a similar, but more extensive program. The official scorer still scores in a score book of his or her choosing based on whatever layout they like best. (I prefer simple layouts rather than the extensive info you'll see posted by a lot of people on this sub. As long as it covers what I need, I'm good with it). The data caster is clicking the pitch location and every single sequence so it helps keep track of pitch counts, balls and strikes. It will also auto populate wins, losses, saves, blown saves and holds in case you need it for reference, but it must be double checked at the end of each game by the official scorer. So basically, it's just two people and it's a lot of info to take in should a game get out of hand, or some of the quirks of the game come in to play. Automatic strikes or automatic balls can be confusing if you stop paying attention, lose focus, or get distracted by people in the press box, (which can happen quite often). but in those cases you really hope the pitch clock operator is paying attention to help out.

After the game, the "official" box score is distributed to the managers of both teams and the umpires. If either manager disagrees with a decision, they can contact the official scorer to see if they will change it after all he or she reviews the play in question. If they choose not to contact the official scorer, they can agree to a change and speak to the league for them to change. They have 24 hrs to request a change be made. If the managers agree, typically the change will be allowed, if they disagree, a further review by the league is done, (if the official scorer refuses a change or wasn't contacted at all), and their decision becomes final.

From that box score, a league person, will pull out the deeper stats that you see on the web sites. It would be near impossible to track all the stats we can get on a website in real time, so we have to do those after the fact and it's time consuming."

Gotcha yeah that makes sense.

I'm sure its mostly the teams for little things like this. It was crazy home cooking but a little surprised that Twins would care to challenge it.

But I noticed when looking at tonight's probables that Ryans era finally lowered so they clearly fought, and based off your reddit post it would appear Finch didn't agree and it needed a review haha

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox pitching vs Royce Lewis

I think we can all do the math.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always a sucker for these kind of plays.

That was a sick play by SS too.

If that’s rocchio.

Percent example of two guys if they could hit worth league average, they’d be stars

Gimenez forsure

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a sick play by SS too.

If that’s rocchio.

Percent example of two guys if they could hit worth league average, they’d be stars

Gimenez forsure
Yeah great stop by Gimenez but for Rocchio to stretch and scoop while keeping his foot on the base is probably the most impressive thing

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah great stop by Gimenez but for Rocchio to stretch and scoop while keeping his foot on the base is probably the most impressive thing

Agreed. Great play by Gimenez. But the behind the back toss is always kinda a shot in the dark.

Rocchio stretching and holding was legit

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like this rally for B'More.......the bullpen run has been so good-- we havent had one of these all season.....making me nervous.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, the Royals have the 2nd best run differential in the American League behind only the Yankees. A statement I could only assume would come from a crackhead going into the season. 3rd in MLB.

Really gonna be intriguing to see if Erceg and Harvey can stabilize this bullpen. Been some latent underperformance peripherally with Melendez, Garcia, Pasquantino, and Renfroe. Could be a pretty violent 2nd half if they can keep things going without the bullpen implosions that have plagued them.

Flip side: Not sure Ragans is operating at 100. Might be tiring

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They definitely have quality control as I recall when I had a family member do scorekeeping for the Royals. Though errors are notorious for having huge latitude. I remember the Toronto scorekeepers for a long time were pretty notorious for how they scored errors in particular.