• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirilloff is done. Just can’t be healthy. He’s still probably the best overall talent. But key parts of his body that directly impact hitting are shot.

Miranda’s stats post crazy hitting run were a fluke. But also his last year injured were too. He’s a quality bat. Probably like .285/.325/.460 type player. His issue is he swings at everything. If he ever develops discipline his ceiling is so much higher. He can hit anything close. But his bad exit velocity and any Ks are a direct result of swinging like his Vlad senior. Which he isn’t.

Julien has to swing the damn bat. I think we messed with him too. Tried to increase his power this year and it sacrificed hitting. We are stacked with infielders so he will have trouble working back. Keaschall is coming fast.

Larnach I still have no clue. Potential has always been there. He’s had by far the lowest “ceiling of results” but also hasn’t had the horrid stretch the rest have had. Hits into a lot of bad luck. I think he has like 7 fly outs to center that are homers in over half the ball parks. Still mostly eats fastballs. But unlike yeaes past he’s hit some non fast balls.

Wallner is by far the biggest ceiling of the group. And I don’t think it’s close. The arm is a lethal weapon. For a big guy he moves well so he’s not a total LF liability. And when you hit the ball as hard as he does and have the plate discipline he does. You can swing and miss a lot more. Because he mostly swings at strikes so when he does make contact it’s going far/and or hard.

In hindsight losing Rooker looks bad. But at the time Rooker sucked. Wallner is a better version. Has actually shown the upside. Losing him would be a big mistake.
As a Guardians fan- Kirloff was always the guy I was worried about that would develop into a consistent 30 homer 100 rbi guy--- he just has never stayed healthy and put it together

.285 avg. would make Miranda #21 in baseball.

Julien - I have no clue what happened there- a guy can have a couple good months- but he had a very very quick fall

Rodriguez and Jenkins are still a year or two away- but I think they will be the guys you depend on for the long term--- like Bazzana, DeLatuer for the Guardians.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallners power is insane

Strike out all you want big fella, just keep hitting it hard

442 foot homer and then a double where CF made a great play to rob the homer but couldn’t hold on for the out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallners power is insane

Strike out all you want big fella, just keep hitting it hard

442 foot homer and then a double where CF made a great play to rob the homer but couldn’t hold on for the out.
Future HOF'r

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Lorenzen is slated to be a starter in Detroit. Have to assume the Marsh demotion is just a bit to get him to transition to being a reliever. Looking like another sweep of Chicago in the works.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Guardians fan- Kirloff was always the guy I was worried about that would develop into a consistent 30 homer 100 rbi guy--- he just has never stayed healthy and put it together

.285 avg. would make Miranda #21 in baseball.

Julien - I have no clue what happened there- a guy can have a couple good months- but he had a very very quick fall

Rodriguez and Jenkins are still a year or two away- but I think they will be the guys you depend on for the long term--- like Bazzana, DeLatuer for the Guardians.

Jenkins barring more injury will be 2026 in some capacity.

Rodriquez has lost so much of his year also with injury. Woulda been a lock for next year but now maybe not til 2026. Likely with health he will get a call up for some of next year when needed.

Keaschall is the other one. He’s fast tracking and sky rocketing up rankings.

And obviously Lee is here but he’s gotta get the bat going. Defense looks great at every infield spot.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox and Tigers apparently wanted Jenkins, Rodriquez or Lee from the Twins haha

That about sums up why those two orgs are what they are currently.

They are rentals. Who gives a shit if they go in division. Both teams got way worse deals

At least Flaherty has some sort of track record. Asking for any of those 3 for Fedde is hilarious. Holy shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins barring more injury will be 2026 in some capacity.

Rodriquez has lost so much of his year also with injury. Woulda been a lock for next year but now maybe not til 2026. Likely with health he will get a call up for some of next year when needed.

Keaschall is the other one. He’s fast tracking and sky rocketing up rankings.

And obviously Lee is here but he’s gotta get the bat going. Defense looks great at every infield spot.
lol-

So Lee is Rocchio, Rodriguez is Delatuer and Jenkins is Bazzana.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny that Rocchio and Lee both came up this year primarily- both pretty highly rated- both playing great D but both havent hit. This is what Keith Law at The Athletic said about both at the beginning of 2023 when he did his Top 100 prospects

22. Brayan Rocchio, SS, Cleveland Guardians

Bats: Switch | Throws: Right
Drafted: International signing in 2017

Last year’s ranking: 22

Rocchio got off to a slow start in Double A last year, although he was one of the youngest players in the Eastern League at age 21, but improved as the season went on, hitting .316/.383/.539 in his last 50 games (of 99) before he was promoted to Triple A for the last five weeks of the season. He’s a smaller guy but makes hard contact, hitting 15 homers in 2021 and 18 last year, although he puts the ball on the ground a little too often for this type of hitter. He’s always had a compact, direct swing, and over the past few years he’s learned to stay back on the ball, with great balance through contact. He hits well from both sides but his swing is slightly better right-handed. He’s an above-average defender at shortstop with good hands and 55 speed, although once again, he was bad at the whole basestealing thing, going 14-for-23 (61 percent) to bring his career success rate down to 64 percent. I guess it’s a good thing he can field, hit, and hit for power. He could stand to walk a little more, although some of his impatience may stem from him always being young for his levels, and he needs to continue to put the ball in the air. I still see All-Star upside here, a shortstop who saves a few runs a year with his glove and adds a ton more with .280-.300 averages, adequate walk rates, and 15-20 homers a year.

51. Brooks Lee, SS, Minnesota Twins​

Bats: Switch | Throws: Right
Drafted: No. 8 in 2022

Last year’s ranking: Ineligible

Lee was the best college player in this year’s draft class and would have been a worthy pick at No. 1, coming off two years of stellar performance playing for his dad at Cal Poly. He has exceptional hand-eye coordination and seldom misses fastballs in the zone, striking out just under 10 percent of the time last spring and only 16 percent of the time in his pro debut in High A. It’s an unorthodox swing with visible effort, which has meant he has a lot of medium-quality contact, and probably projects to just average power unless something significant changes. On defense, he has outstanding hands and instincts, but he’s a below-average runner and doesn’t have the agility for shortstop, while he should be above-average at third or second. He’ll get the most out of his skills because he grew up around the game and seems to have an exceptional idea of the strike zone, so while he doesn’t have superstar ceiling, he could be a high-average/high-OBP regular at third or second who hits 10-15 homers a year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Law said at the beginning of THIS years Top 100 list:

#13 Brayan Rocchio

2023 Ranking: 22

This is Rocchio’s fourth year on my top-100, and I presume his final one, as he debuted in the majors last year and the Guardians appear to have cleared the path for him to be their opening-day shortstop. Rocchio’s outstanding feel for the game was evident even when he signed at 16, while he’s developed into a plus defender at shortstop and improved his pitch recognition and swing decisions as he’s moved up the chain. He’s a true switch-hitter who hits from both sides of the plate, and he’s become extremely difficult to strike out, ranking in the top 4 percent of all full-season players (minimum 400 PA) last year in contact rate. He’s shown power in the past, with 33 homers in 2021-22 combined, and hits the ball hard for a smaller hitter, with top-end exit velocities higher than Alex Bregman’s were at ages 22-23, although I’d project a more conservative 15-18 homers a year for Rocchio. It’s plus defense, potentially elite plate discipline, quality contact already, and a track record of consistent improvements. Cleveland’s trade of Francisco Lindor should hurt a bit less now that his successor is here.

#31 Brooks Lee

2023 Ranking: 51

Lee was the eighth pick in the 2022 draft, a very advanced hitter who’d been on scouts’ radar as a top prospect since he was in high school. He confirmed that by going to Double A to start his first full pro season and hitting .292/.365/.476 there before an August promotion to Triple A, setting him up to reach the majors this year. He’s a switch-hitter with some effort to the swing, showing a big split last year between his production from the left side (.287/.366/.494) and right side (.231/.266/.337), with a history of high contact rates, especially on fastballs in the zone. He’s boosted his contact quality in the last year and hits a ton of line drives, as his swing finishes with enough loft to often put him in the ideal launch-angle range for line-drive contact. He’s mostly played shortstop in the minors, getting just seven starts at the hot corner last year, but his long-term position is more likely to be off shortstop — probably third base, as he has plenty of arm for the left side of the infield and soft enough hands for third. He should hit for a .280-.300 average with strong OBPs and homer totals in the teens, playing above-average or better defense at third or second base, or 45 defense at shortstop if he’s forced to stay there by injuries or other circumstances.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on August 1st- the Guardians have the best record in baseball

if you would have told me that:

-Shane Bieber would pitch 2 starts and be done---

-Gavin Williams would miss the first 3 months-

-Triston McKenzie would be ineffective after his torn elbow ligament and the plan for him to pitch would fail-

-the 2 most experienced/talented setup men- Stephen and Karinchak would not pitch an inning

-their best pitching prospect - Espino- would not pitch an inning

I would have said you were crazy.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Man's Big Christmas

right @Shanemansj13 ?

Noel power is insane too

But he’s a poor man’s Wallner right now

Noel’s issue is plate discipline. If the book gets out on the fact that he’s allergic to taking a pitch he could be Oscar Gonzalez or or Javy Baez quickly.

But he’s only 23. And the raw pop is scary

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals jumping out in front of the Tigers with Lugo. Assuming Lugo doesn’t shit the bed, it’ll be nice having to not force feed a starter through 6-7 innings just to avoid the bullpen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice start of the series for the Guardians.

Would be nice to get 3/4 in this one but it wont be easy---- it would be really encouraging if they could come off a series win against the Phillies and do the same against the Orioles

like I said- the month of August is brutal schedule wise- so putting up any wins will help.

August/Early September Schedule

1st place Balt for 4 games
Defending NL Champ Diamondbacks for 3
Minnesota for 4- 8th most wins in baseball
Cubs- only team with a losing record- but not a bad team- for 3
1st place Milwaukee for 3
Yankees for 3
Texas for 3
Kansas City for 4
Pirates for 3
Kansas City for 3
Dodgers for 3

that is brutal--- Baltimore, Arizona, Milwaukee, New York, KC, and Dodgers are all playoff teams---- Pirates and Cubs arent bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give the Royals a lot of credit

if you wouldve asked me if the Royals would have a top 6 record in baseball on August 1st no sure I wouldve believed it--- a great off season, and some development- and now a good trade deadline

Royals organization has done a terrific job in the last 8 months.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Pasquintino last year really killed the Royals--- 1st base is shallower than it usually is- and hes a solid player that can give you a profesional at bat.

Sal Perez - I hope he finishes his career with the Royals- he reminds me of a lot of Indians players that were just under hall of fame level--- (though Lofton and Vizquel should be in).

with catcher such a tough position - and so few catchers offensively any good- he might have an outside shot if he can somehow hang on and have 2-3 more years like this one...even if he doesnt- he is a damn fine player--- every yeear since 2015 he has at least 20 homers- except the covid shortened year- and per/game that was one of his best years-

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the MVP award is obviously Judge's to lose--- and Witt not far behind--- but damn- Jose has been so good.

Jose has

2nd place MVP
2 3rd place MVP
4th place MVP
6th place MVP

he looks like he will finish no worse than 4th this year- if not higher. I think its fair to say he is on track for a hall of fame career

going back to 2016- only 2 players have a higher fWAR than Ramirez- Betts and Trout

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck- Bibee is missing his next start with a sore shoulder.

Cobb and Boyd cant come up fast enough--- getting scary with the SP.....at least Lively keeps doing his thing somehow.