• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels totally robbed the Phillies with the O'Hoppe for Moniak/Marsh deal last year--- O'Hoppe is now one of 3 catcher in MLB with an OPS of 800+ -the others being Rutschman- who is amazing- and Perez who DH's a lot.

Estevez has been amazing this year but had a 3.p ERA and 1.5 WHIP last year...

even on the Guardians when I see guys like GAddis and Smith dominating- it usually means a correction is coming- itll be interesting to see what he does the rest of the year.
We live in two different worlds. We don’t play starters unless they get $20 million per season. You are small market fluke trash.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phils are playing for right now. Neither guy were considered top 20 in their system.
Dombrowski ain’t your guy if you’re looking to stock a minor league system. Not to keep it stocked anyway.

And for your sake I hope he’s learned lessons on what it takes from a bullpen. To win now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians just signed their entire draft class- includes some interesting guys- one guy is Chase Mobley---- everyone thought he was going to FSU for college---- he dropped to the 10th round because of his bonus demands---- Guardians drafted him and gave him a record bonus of 1.8 million....hes like 6 5' throws 100 mph.... one of 5 interesting high school righties you prob wont hear much of for the next 3-4 years.

Hopefully at least 2 of the guys work out - which is the nature of prep pitching.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phils are playing for right now. Neither guy were considered top 20 in their system.
ANAHEIM -- The Angels made their first move as sellers ahead of Tuesday’s 3 p.m. PT Trade Deadline, acquiring pitching prospects Samuel Aldegheri and George Klassen from the Phillies for closer Carlos Estévez on Saturday before falling 3-1 to the Athletics at Angel Stadium.
It’s considered quite a haul for the Angels, who immediately boost their farm system by adding Aldegheri (the Phillies’ No. 23 prospect) and Klassen (No. 28 prospect). Both are amid breakout seasons and were set to move up in the mid-year prospect rankings by MLB Pipeline. Klassen, who became the Angels’ No. 3 prospect, was going to be Philadelphia's No. 7 prospect, while Aldegheri, now ranked No. 8 among Angels prospects, was to be ranked No. 12.

2 top 12 guys in your system for 2 months of a reliever sounds excessive but it is a sellers market so somewhat understandable i guess. Pressure is going to be a lot different - will be interesting to see how this one goes--- hopefully not like the O'Hoppe deal for the Phils

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANAHEIM -- The Angels made their first move as sellers ahead of Tuesday’s 3 p.m. PT Trade Deadline, acquiring pitching prospects Samuel Aldegheri and George Klassen from the Phillies for closer Carlos Estévez on Saturday before falling 3-1 to the Athletics at Angel Stadium.
It’s considered quite a haul for the Angels, who immediately boost their farm system by adding Aldegheri (the Phillies’ No. 23 prospect) and Klassen (No. 28 prospect). Both are amid breakout seasons and were set to move up in the mid-year prospect rankings by MLB Pipeline. Klassen, who became the Angels’ No. 3 prospect, was going to be Philadelphia's No. 7 prospect, while Aldegheri, now ranked No. 8 among Angels prospects, was to be ranked No. 12.

2 top 12 guys in your system for 2 months of a reliever sounds excessive but it is a sellers market so somewhat understandable i guess. Pressure is going to be a lot different - will be interesting to see how this one goes--- hopefully not like the O'Hoppe deal for the Phils
O’Hoppe was blocked by a $20 million dollar a year catcher. You don’t know what that’s like to have position players that are paid that kind of loot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dombrowski ain’t your guy if you’re looking to stock a minor league system. Not to keep it stocked anyway.

And for your sake I hope he’s learned lessons on what it takes from a bullpen. To win now.
I heard this from numerous people when Dombrowski was hired and yet he’s actually improved the Phillies farm in his tenure.

I’m not sure if this is Dombrowski or Thomson but I don’t like the idea of closer by committee playing matchups. That stuff works in July and August but I think in October guys need to know what their role is. You’re a 7th inning guy, he has the 8th, he takes the 9th kind of deal. Hopefully, the Angels trade marks a change in that by committee philosophy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this from numerous people when Dombrowski was hired and yet he’s actually improved the Phillies farm in his tenure.

I’m not sure if this is Dombrowski or Thomson but I don’t like the idea of closer by committee playing matchups. That stuff works in July and August but I think in October guys need to know what their role is. You’re a 7th inning guy, he has the 8th, he takes the 9th kind of deal. Hopefully, the Angels trade marks a change in that by committee philosophy.

Dombrowski typically adds talent with prospects and depends on heavy spending

But he usually does very well in trades.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dombrowski typically adds talent with prospects and depends on heavy spending

But he usually does very well in trades.
He likely overpaid for the Angels closer but you know that you are going to overpay for good pen in this format of the Wildcard. More buyers than sellers.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. Now Miranda hit in the head

We have to start fucking hunting scalps ourselves. Teams keep pitching our studs inside and beaning us. Retaliate. Put Keith on his fucking ass

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I know the Guardians are technically buyers

They should absolutely look into trading away one of their relievers if this is the market for relievers right now.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely wretched hitting with RISP today

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes not Skubal or Burnes.

But Bailey Ober is probably the most underrated pitcher in the league right now. And he's locked the fuck in.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins rolling, so of course Guardians come back and win. Just cant make up ground

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins rolling, so of course Guardians come back and win. Just cant make up ground
Sorry man. The Phils are broken. Alvarado hasn’t given up a home run to a lefty in two years and he gives one up to a slap bunting Asian softball playing bull dyke.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the lineup has been struggling. Can’t string together hits. They had one inning the whole series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I know the Guardians are technically buyers

They should absolutely look into trading away one of their relievers if this is the market for relievers right now.
One of the guys they might look at trading away is Andrew Walters- 2nd round draft pick out of Miami last year-- hes a reliever that throws a 100 and could be up now. -or trade somone and call him up.

but the rock of the team is the bullpen--- I would not trade any of them-- they have prospets they can deal from if they want to.

Juan Brito would probably be the best prospect traded thus far at this deadline and he is 100% blocked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the lineup has been struggling. Can’t string together hits. They had one inning the whole series.
Big Christmas baby! lol.

this is how the Guardians do it--- they dont need to play that well to win- they do all the little things right and then have a great pen.

Yesterdays game infuriated me since it seemed everything little thing went wrong- and then of course it culminated in Carrasco getting blown up.