• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ McCarron

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, again... hindsight is 20/20. Would I have them make the deal again? Of course not. However, there's really nothing wrong with what they did from a philosophical/theoretical standpoint. They took a conservative swing at a guy they thought they had some upside... they whiffed. Nothing really hurt. They won 5 games... signing McCown doesn't really change that and he probably plays just well enough to keep Trubisky from getting the experience he did this past year.

"Throw money" is also a relative term. Salary is relative to position... Glennon's cost was cheap for a veteran starting QB.

Sure it didn't really hurt them but it was still an overpay.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh... no, not really. Very comparable numbers, which is what I said. Strikingly similar. Again, also in very different circumstances and Jimmy G didn't have a game like McCarron did in either of those starts. Going on the road to play the arguably the best D of the decade, who won the SB.

I mean...I said JGs games were better... they were...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it didn't really hurt them but it was still an overpay.

How so? Could you demonstrate?

This is a very one-sided interaction, so far as the data/facts/numbers/stats being brought to the table.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...I said JGs games were better... they were...

Except they weren't. The difference we're talking about here in their starts is -- 3 starts with 4 TD's 0 INT's 68.7 CMP% 7.13 Y/A 102 QB Rating... versus.... 2 starts with 4 TD's 0 INT's 68.25 CMP% 7.97 Y/A 113 QB Rating.

That is negligible, at best.

Especially considering (again) that McCarron came in late in the season, while Jimmy G had all off-season/camp to prepare for that first month. Which he did not get through.

You said Jimmy G's time starting in NE was not comparable to McCarron's. That is false.

If Jimmy's performance warranted him an opportunity. McCarron's sure as hell did too.

You really seem to enjoy just saying shit... but you sure don't enjoy backing it up with data.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Could you demonstrate?

This is a very one-sided interaction, so far as the data/facts/numbers/stats being brought to the table.

They paid 15 million for somebody who actively hurt their team when they could have paid less for better, equal, or at absolute worst comparable performance.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they weren't. The difference we're talking about here in their starts is -- 3 starts with 4 TD's 0 INT's 68.7 CMP% 7.13 Y/A 102 QB Rating... versus.... 2 starts with 4 TD's 0 INT's 68.25 CMP% 7.97 Y/A 113 QB Rating.

That is negligible, at best.

Especially considering (again) that McCarron came in late in the season, while Jimmy G had all off-season/camp to prepare for that first month. Which he did not get through.

You said Jimmy G's time starting in NE was not comparable to McCarron's. That is false.

If Jimmy's performance warranted him an opportunity. McCarron's sure as hell did too.

You really seem to enjoy just saying shit... but you sure don't enjoy backing it up with data.

Both of JGs games were better. Idk what else you want dude it isn' that complicated. That's what I said and I was right.

JG played better, say behind Brady rather than Dalton, and was a much higher draft pick. That's why they aren't comparable. That is all still very true.

I mean like... if you wanna give either of them an opportunity fine. But recognize what they're actually worth.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They paid 15 million for somebody who actively hurt their team when they could have paid less for better, equal, or at absolute worst comparable performance.

You could have just admitted that you have no factual basis for this argument.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of JGs games were better. Idk what else you want dude it isn' that complicated. That's what I said and I was right.

JG played better, say behind Brady rather than Dalton, and was a much higher draft pick. That's why they aren't comparable. That is all still very true.

I mean like... if you wanna give either of them an opportunity fine. But recognize what they're actually worth.

Both of JGs games were better.

Maybe if you keep saying the same shit, over... and over. It might come true! Holy hell dude, you're a redundant bore.

JG played better, say behind Brady rather than Dalton. That's why they aren't comparable. That is all still very true.

What... what.... what?

Romo started his career as an undrafted free agent, sitting behind Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson and the corpse of Vinny Testaverde.

Brock Osweiler started his career as a 2nd round draft pick, sitting behind Peyton Manning.

What... for the love of god... does the QB they each backed up have to do with THEM as QB's?

Which is... WHAT?

Why am I even bothering with you? This is hopeless.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I say that was wrong?

Nothing... you literally just said nothing. I asked you for data to backup your assertion that the Bears overpaid for Glennon, you just talked out of your ass. Which is what you've done this entire interaction. It's getting old.

You literally might as well have responded by saying "surf board bean soup dog sauce!"... and it would have been just as pertinent of a response, as what you spewed in that post.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of JGs games were better.

Maybe if you keep saying the same shit, over... and over. It might come true! Holy hell dude, you're a redundant bore.

JG played better, say behind Brady rather than Dalton. That's why they aren't comparable. That is all still very true.

What... what.... what?

Romo started his career as an undrafted free agent, sitting behind Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson and the corpse of Vinny Testaverde.

Brock Osweiler started his career as a 2nd round draft pick, sitting behind Peyton Manning.

What... for the love of god... does the QB they each backed up have to do with THEM as QB's?

Which is... WHAT?

Why am I even bothering with you? This is hopeless.

1. 18/26, 69.23%, 232 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT, 135.4 rating, 0 sacks, 8.92 y/a, 11.23 ay/a
2. 24/33, 72.73%, 264 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 106.1 rating, 2 sacks, 8.00 y/a, 8.61 ay/a
3. 15/21 71.43%, 192 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 115.6 rating, 4 sacks, 9.14 y/a, 10.10 ay/a
4. 22/32, 68.75%, 280 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 90.6 rating, 3 sacks, 8.75 y/a, 7.19 ay/a
5. 17/27 62.96%, 160 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 103.9 rating, 3 sacks, 5.93 y/a, 7.41 ay/a
6. 22/35 62.86%, 200 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 87.8 rating 2 sacks, 5.71 y/a, 6.29 ay/a
7. 23/41, 56.10%, 212 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 68.3 rating, 3 sacks, 5.17 y/a, 4.56 ay/a

Who had those top 2 games?

Holy hell dude I already explained this too you. Its a minor red flag that McCarron never started over Dalton. It is not a red flag that JG didnt start over Brady. This is not complicated.

Which is what...probably around a 2nd maybe a 1st for JG and probably around a 4th or 5th for McCarron.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing... you literally just said nothing. I asked you for data to backup your assertion that the Bears overpaid for Glennon, you just talked out of your ass. Which is what you've done this entire interaction. It's getting old.

You literally might as well have responded by saying "surf board bean soup dog sauce!"... and it would have been just as pertinent of a response, as what you spewed in that post.

Apparently you cant read. I explained why it was an overpay. Sorry I didnt waste time going into minute detail to explain something you dont seem capable of understanding anyways.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deberg average 2100 yards a season passing in a time when the NFL was basically still a run first league. He was always considered a GOOD, not great QB, who was routinely replaced by some one who the team thought COULD be great.

But back to the real issue. Just because Smith is now the Redskins QB, does not mean those of us who thought it was a bad idea even before it was a consideration, should now change our thinking and go into the .. well it COULD turn out to be awesome.

I thought Smith was a bad idea 5 months ago. I thought it was a bad idea when we traded for him... and guess what... I still think he was a bad idea.

Oh well - Deberg was an avg QB at best & a good QB would not struggle year in / year out having more TDs than INTs & having mediocre completion #s - the yardage means nothing on its own. He was not even good.

As for Smith - think whatever you like - I hope that at least you are hoping that Smith does as well as possible because that likely translates into success for the team. You can't undo this trade - what is done is done.

I can understand complaining about this trade when it occurred and shortly thereafter, but honestly are you going to complain about this forever (even if the Skins do OK next season)? Oh well - that is your rt. Personally - I think that life is too short to keep complaining about something like this.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well - Deberg was an avg QB at best & a good QB would not struggle year in / year out having more TDs than INTs & having mediocre completion #s - the yardage means nothing on its own. He was not even good.

As for Smith - think whatever you like - I hope that at least you are hoping that Smith does as well as possible because that likely translates into success for the team. You can't undo this trade - what is done is done.

I can understand complaining about this trade when it occurred and shortly thereafter, but honestly are you going to complain about this forever (even if the Skins do OK next season)? Oh well - that is your rt. Personally - I think that life is too short to keep complaining about something like this.

I think Smith has reached his peak, he has done as well as he will ever do. And to be honest, as I have said before, its another Danny move going after some one who has done good things else where.

You are right the trade cant be undone. But just because he is the company's new golden boy does not mean I need to fall in line. I hope the Redskins win another Super Bowl in my life time. I expect this to be another in a long line of Dan Snyder master piece moves.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith has reached his peak, he has done as well as he will ever do. And to be honest, as I have said before, its another Danny move going after some one who has done good things else where.

You are right the trade cant be undone. But just because he is the company's new golden boy does not mean I need to fall in line. I hope the Redskins win another Super Bowl in my life time. I expect this to be another in a long line of Dan Snyder master piece moves.

NP - you don't need to fall in line - just root for the team & I am pretty sure that is what you will be doing this upcoming season (unless they are terrible later in the season in which case you & others can do whatever you like).

HTTR

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NP - you don't need to fall in line - just root for the team & I am pretty sure that is what you will be doing this upcoming season (unless they are terrible later in the season in which case you & others can do whatever you like).

HTTR

I have actually made the decision that depending on how they try and construct this team this off season... I might just spend my Sundays fishing instead.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steve deberg is best described as a career bridemaid . always setting up the altar for the next big thing , from elway to testeverde . now smith has Kap to mahomes

we traded for steve deberg

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO wait... getting on board with the Smith move which I think was a bad move... now makes one the voice of reason??

im_shocked.gif

Well... what is anyone going to do to change it?? Nothing! At least SoCal understands this.

So maybe you crybabies should just follow suit, see what happens with everything, and maybe try to root for your team.

But many of you won’t. You continue to pout, and you’ll post a million stats and a million reasons to try to defend your argument on why the trade and Smith was a bad choice. You will continue to throw out stupid insults and name call as if you are the know all and you could run an NFL team. It’s downright laughable. think some of you want this team to fail..

You live in Florida right?? Why don’t you cheer for the Jags or the Bucs? Why don’t @skinsdad Cher for the Lions. Cause as long as Bruce and Danny are in town, you folks are gonna find something to bitch about...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... what is anyone going to do to change it?? Nothing! At least SoCal understands this.

So maybe you crybabies should just follow suit, see what happens with everything, and maybe try to root for your team.

But many of you won’t. You continue to pout, and you’ll post a million stats and a million reasons to try to defend your argument on why the trade and Smith was a bad choice. You will continue to throw out stupid insults and name call as if you are the know all and you could run an NFL team. It’s downright laughable. think some of you want this team to fail..

You live in Florida right?? Why don’t you cheer for the Jags or the Bucs? Why don’t @skinsdad Cher for the Lions. Cause as long as Bruce and Danny are in town, you folks are gonna find something to bitch about...
Statements like this are rather ironic coming from folks who were vocally unhappy with the concept of keeping cousins.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on Alex Smith. Make us great. You are the fucking man. If you keep improving, like you did last season by improving 500 yards, you will reach 5k passing in a season. You can do it. I hear you can do it all night long. Ra fucking ra.