• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ McCarron

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Alex Smith. Make us great. You are the fucking man. If you keep improving, like you did last season by improving 500 yards, you will reach 5k passing in a season. You can do it. I hear you can do it all night long. Ra fucking ra.

Statements like this are rather ironic coming from folks who were vocally unhappy with the concept of keeping cousins.

No one, NO ONE has said Alex Smith is gonna make us great. But he is our QB for the next couple years so root for him and quit your freakin crying when he hasn’t even played a down yet.

And I don’t think anyone was unhappy at “the concept” of keeping KC whatever the hell that means. Some of us just wasn’t in love with him like obviously others were, certainly not at the price he will now warrant. We “liked” him. Loving, Liking, and Hating him as a QB are 3 different things... if you don’t understand the difference in those 3 then google it. Been over it a thousand times.

See, you guys keep saying that some of us did not want Cousins here under any circumstance (price be damned), that as soon as he became our QB that we wanted someone else. Some of you even claim that it was because we miss RG3, which is absolutely absurd and pathetic. Just straight up trolling and trying to get a negative response. Some of you even claim that if we would just quit being cowards and “admit” that we never wanted him here...blah blah blah. Adolescent.

Fact is...I doubt any of you can find anything factual that anyone has said in those regards. You are just making presumptions of that, simply because we don’t agree with you. If you can find it, please share with the rest of us. But unless someone can find something that can corroborate those claims, then just stop saying it as if it is just so. It’s ok for some of us to disagree with each other, no need to be shitty about others opinions though. Let’s just talk about Skins football. But then again... I think some of you kind of enjoy the barking back and forth.

So this will be my last post in those regards. I’ll just do what Pet and some of the others do, just ignore the Doom Crew’s snide little comments. :suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one, NO ONE has said Alex Smith is gonna make us great. But he is our QB for the next couple years so root for him and quit your freakin crying when he hasn’t even played a down yet.

Again with the irony. :thumb:

You are right Smith hasnt played a down for us. I didnt want him before the trade, so I see no reason to change my opinion of him simply because he is a Redskin now.

Side note, if you ignore every one that disagrees with you, it gets real boring real quick. But have fun with that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I don’t think anyone was unhappy at “the concept” of keeping KC whatever the hell that means. Some of us just wasn’t in love with him like obviously others were, certainly not at the price he will now warrant. We “liked” him. Loving, Liking, and Hating him as a QB are 3 different things... if you don’t understand the difference in those 3 then google it. Been over it a thousand times.

See, you guys keep saying that some of us did not want Cousins here under any circumstance (price be damned), that as soon as he became our QB that we wanted someone else. Some of you even claim that it was because we miss RG3, which is absolutely absurd and pathetic. Just straight up trolling and trying to get a negative response. Some of you even claim that if we would just quit being cowards and “admit” that we never wanted him here...blah blah blah. Adolescent.

Fact is...I doubt any of you can find anything factual that anyone has said in those regards. You are just making presumptions of that, simply because we don’t agree with you. If you can find it, please share with the rest of us. But unless someone can find something that can corroborate those claims, then just stop saying it as if it is just so. It’s ok for some of us to disagree with each other, no need to be shitty about others opinions though. Let’s just talk about Skins football. But then again... I think some of you kind of enjoy the barking back and forth.

So this will be my last post in those regards. I’ll just do what Pet and some of the others do, just ignore the Doom Crew’s snide little comments. :suds:

Hey. I am getting on board. Ra fuckin ra.

Basic math...KC for 30 million per season.

Alex Smith for 24 million per season plus
Replacement cost of the best slot corner in football is 10 million minimum
Plus future value of a third round pick.

Alex Smith is far more costly.

You also seem to be mistaking cheering for the Redskins with being extremely critical of a shitty ass move that has zero to do with Kirk Cousins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also seem to be mistaking cheering for the Redskins with being extremely critical of a shitty ass move that has zero to do with Kirk Cousins.

Its apparently hard to seperate the two. Never mind that for MONTHS I have been saying they would not resign Cousins. I have also been saying... I dont want Smith or Jackson. NOw I will admit, in light of that shit show of a trade, I would have been less not ok with Jackson at 13.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its apparently hard to seperate the two. Never mind that for MONTHS I have been saying they would not resign Cousins. I have also been saying... I dont want Smith or Jackson. NOw I will admit, in light of that shit show of a trade, I would have been less not ok with Jackson at 13.

Agreed. I don’t think people understand how good Fuller was. He was the equivalent of a high first round pick or a veteran worth 10-14 million. We had him for a cap hit of 650k and 750k for the next two seasons.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I don’t think people understand how good Fuller was. He was the equivalent of a high first round pick or a veteran worth 10-14 million. We had him for a cap hit of 650k and 750k for the next two seasons.

Agreed on Fuller. These are the types of moves that haunt franchises (well actually just this franchise and the Browns).

Something else I do find ironic is that folks have abandoned the requirement of the QB to be able to carry the team.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he better be as good or better than Peters now

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters has been traded. I agree on the headache.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... what is anyone going to do to change it?? Nothing! At least SoCal understands this.

So maybe you crybabies should just follow suit, see what happens with everything, and maybe try to root for your team.

But many of you won’t. You continue to pout, and you’ll post a million stats and a million reasons to try to defend your argument on why the trade and Smith was a bad choice. You will continue to throw out stupid insults and name call as if you are the know all and you could run an NFL team. It’s downright laughable. think some of you want this team to fail..

You live in Florida right?? Why don’t you cheer for the Jags or the Bucs? Why don’t @skinsdad Cher for the Lions. Cause as long as Bruce and Danny are in town, you folks are gonna find something to bitch about...

To be fair they're just venting, just as some did during the failed Griffin experiment. While it does get tiresome, the ASS (against Smith signing) group, just like the ABC'ers aren't against the team, they are against what they perceive as another in a long line of dumb assed things that the organization does. For some of us old dudes, we'd love to see at least one more SB victory before having to explain why we shouldn't go to hell:pound: and the seasons are rapidly slipping away. Not one of us, wants that pity entry into the after-life because we were DC fans.:D

BTW: I don't believe in that shit, but that's me, some here do though.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its apparently hard to seperate the two. Never mind that for MONTHS I have been saying they would not resign Cousins.

I think that's part of the problem... [ "for MONTHS I have been saying they would not resign Cousins" ] people just didn't want to believe a very few others and myself, who have been saying that for years! In fact, last year I said that they MUST trade him against a barrage of naysayers. Bruce NO DOUBT would have screwed up the haul we would have gotten for him, but compare that to what we'll eventually get now. So sorry people didn't want to believe it, but as usual, time is the great corrector, and now, many are grieving what was so clearly evident, a long time ago.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on Fuller. These are the types of moves that haunt franchises (well actually just this franchise and the Browns).

Something else I do find ironic is that folks have abandoned the requirement of the QB to be able to carry the team.

Fuller is a great prospect, had a great year, but is far from a proven long term commodity. We were all touting Breeland hard after his rookie season, remember? But he took a big step back this past season. It may end up being a terrible thing moving on from Fuller, we will see.

I don’t think many people expected KC to will this team to victory every week. But sometimes the defense played well enough to win and Cousins and the O didn’t deliver, sometimes it was vice versa. He was not a clutch player a good portion of the time, and with the chips on the table in key situations, he folded on a number of occasions.

I don’t expect much more from Smith, but I think his penchant for making a few plays with his feet and not making mistakes at crucial times will be evident at the end of games.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller is a great prospect, had a great year, but is far from a proven long term commodity. We were all touting Breeland hard after his rookie season, remember? But he took a big step back this past season. It may end up being a terrible thing moving on from Fuller, we will see.

I don’t think many people expected KC to will this team to victory every week. But sometimes the defense played well enough to win and Cousins and the O didn’t deliver, sometimes it was vice versa. He was not a clutch player a good portion of the time, and with the chips on the table in key situations, he folded on a number of occasions.

I don’t expect much more from Smith, but I think his penchant for making a few plays with his feet and not making mistakes at crucial times will be evident at the end of games.

Fuller isn’t proven long term; however, at this moment, he is the best slot corner in football. So at this point, to replace him, it will take 10 million dollars per season, and Fuller was the equivalent of a top ten pick.

Did KC fold or did the offense fold? Did KC fold or did the OL not hold up? Were the receivers getting open?

The thing you are overlooking on Smith is the ability to get us in a position where he doesn’t need to make critical plays. Look back and see most of the interceptions KC throws come when we are behind. Alex Smith won’t even keep us in games.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed with respect to Fuller!!!...especially since M. Peters is now a Ram and Fuller's role has suddenly gone from the guy on the other side of the field to their top corner. Maybe Kansas City knows something about Fuller or are now desperate after moving the 25 year old two time pro bowl corner Peters as payback for anthem kneeling. As remarkably dumb as that is, they've weakened their team and have thrust Fuller into an unenviable position.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller isn’t proven long term; however, at this moment, he is the best slot corner in football. So at this point, to replace him, it will take 10 million dollars per season, and Fuller was the equivalent of a top ten pick.

Did KC fold or did the offense fold? Did KC fold or did the OL not hold up? Were the receivers getting open?

The thing you are overlooking on Smith is the ability to get us in a position where he doesn’t need to make critical plays. Look back and see most of the interceptions KC throws come when we are behind. Alex Smith won’t even keep us in games.

Fuller is no longer a slot corner, in fact he's now, ready or not, their top corner after Kansas City traded Peters to the Rams. I don't envy his being thrust into that role, but, hope that it works out for him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... what is anyone going to do to change it?? Nothing! At least SoCal understands this.

So maybe you crybabies should just follow suit, see what happens with everything, and maybe try to root for your team.

But many of you won’t. You continue to pout, and you’ll post a million stats and a million reasons to try to defend your argument on why the trade and Smith was a bad choice. You will continue to throw out stupid insults and name call as if you are the know all and you could run an NFL team. It’s downright laughable. think some of you want this team to fail..

You live in Florida right?? Why don’t you cheer for the Jags or the Bucs? Why don’t @skinsdad Cher for the Lions. Cause as long as Bruce and Danny are in town, you folks are gonna find something to bitch about...
we are doing the same crap you and the rest of the SDFC did , so suck it up cupcake

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i have certainly been promised better and i backed it up with who said it so now we move the goal post to "great " well you scroll right on through this then

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats the damn point of trading for a guy who wont make us great SDFC ? why trade to tread water ? are we trying to win a superbowl someday or are we trying to run the most efficient thrift shop we can ?

sell me great dont sell me snafu

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would we stop criticizing what was a stupid decision? I'm not gonna just naively go along with anything the FO does.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If you dont know the difference between a tampa 2 and a cover 2 man under without googling it you dont have a right to criticize an NFL front office who has proven over the course of 20+ years to be dysfunctional and clueless" just continue to blindly follow the team at all cost because that will surely spark change

we are all entitled to opinions just some opinions arent very good ones..