• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost noon here, snow on the way......giddy up
Hopefully you're stocked up, or else a trip to the packy is in order. Best be prepared when snow comes. Batten down the hatches and re-lubricate the decanters.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Cincyfan78 @cincygrad @Ickey Shuffle @CrashDavisSports

You hear about this whiny nonsense yet? What a sore loser.

Bills GM Brandon Beane takes shot at Bengals: 'Don't want to have to suck so bad enough to have to get Ja'Marr Chase'

Ja'Marr was the 5th pick. Yet in '18 the Bills took Allen only two picks later.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bills GM Brandon Beane takes shot at Bengals: 'Don't want to have to suck so bad enough to have to get Ja'Marr Chase'

Lol laughable… they were discussing this in here. As a few have already said, he’s indirectly shaming his own drafting. Josh Allen is probably shaking his damn head after hearing his own GMs comments

giphy.gif

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coulda had:

Jefferson, Higgins, Metcalf - and the list goes on.

His insinuation that the Bengals are good because they got a stud WR under control for several years is misplaced. They could have drafted Jefferson, had him under rookie contract, instead, through a series of trades, ended up with Diggs and paying him a lot of money.

Seems like his anger is a bit misplaced....LOL

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coulda had:

His insinuation that the Bengals are good because they got a stud WR under control for several years is misplaced. They could have drafted Jefferson, had him under rookie contract, instead, through a series of trades, ended up with Diggs and paying him a lot of money.

brandon-beane-pretending.jpg

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and to add - as I've already touched on - reasons why the Bengals are where they are: deep draft picks.

Higgins, Ossai, Carter, Sample, Pratt, Gather Davis, Tupou, Tufele, CTB, Wilson, Bates, Volston and then Adeniji and Carmen stepping up on the OL against the Bills...

Every single one of those guys came after the 1st round and play a major role as a backup if they are not already starters.

Reader, Apple, Bell, Scharping, Karras, Hendrickson and Hurst are the only guys, currently, starting that were signed to F/A deals from other teams (that I can recall off my head - and Awuzie last year, but ACL injury this year and is out as is Collins and Cappa currently).

If you added in Burrow, Chase Boyd (after 1st round, but re-signed to 2nd contract so didn't include him above), Hill (who has played sparingly behind Bates and in some slot/injury spots) and Jonah Williams are the only 1st round guys who are on this team.....only 2 start and play a major role (Burrow/Chase)

But this team was built HEAVILY through the draft over the past 3+ years, and was aided through a couple of really good F/A signings in which just about ANY team could have gone out and signed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol laughable… they were discussing this in here. As a few have already said, he’s indirectly shaming his own drafting. Josh Allen is probably shaking his damn head after hearing his own GMs comments

giphy.gif

Coulda had:

I just thought that comment from that Bills GM was way outta line. Show some damn maturity.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and to add - as I've already touched on - reasons why the Bengals are where they are: deep draft picks.

Higgins, Ossai, Carter, Sample, Pratt, Gather Davis, Tupou, Tufele, CTB, Wilson, Bates, Volston and then Adeniji and Carmen stepping up on the OL against the Bills...

Every single one of those guys came after the 1st round and play a major role as a backup if they are not already starters.

Reader, Apple, Bell, Scharping, Karras, Hendrickson and Hurst are the only guys, currently, starting that were signed to F/A deals from other teams (that I can recall off my head - and Awuzie last year, but ACL injury this year and is out as is Collins and Cappa currently).

If you added in Burrow, Chase Boyd (after 1st round, but re-signed to 2nd contract so didn't include him above), Hill (who has played sparingly behind Bates and in some slot/injury spots) and Jonah Williams are the only 1st round guys who are on this team.....only 2 start and play a major role (Burrow/Chase)

But this team was built HEAVILY through the draft over the past 3+ years, and was aided through a couple of really good F/A signings in which just about ANY team could have gone out and signed.
Shit...Hilton...

;)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not worried about it. Unless you are extremely lucky, you don't get guys like Chase or Burrow without sucking. That is what is great about this league. It is creating parity and a competitive balance. My suggestion is not to suck just enough to get a late round pick but get beat in the playoffs. Just ask the Bengals and their 5 year run. That killed our talent level. Go one and done and you start thinning out as the sucking teams start collecting talent, and if you are lucky, you suck the right two years like the Bengals did and make the absolute correct choices. I like to see my team win, but sometimes a rebuild is in order.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about it. Unless you are extremely lucky, you don't get guys like Chase or Burrow without sucking. That is what is great about this league. It is creating parity and a competitive balance. My suggestion is not to suck just enough to get a late round pick but get beat in the playoffs. Just ask the Bengals and their 5 year run. That killed our talent level. Go one and done and you start thinning out as the sucking teams start collecting talent, and if you are lucky, you suck the right two years like the Bengals did and make the absolute correct choices. I like to see my team win, but sometimes a rebuild is in order.
Question is - would the Bengals have sucked enough in 2021 to draft Chase if Burrow doesn't blow his knee out? Or if that defense isn't missing Reader a full year, or Wayne's, or Hubbard...that defense, IIRC, had 7 or 8 starters out for the season, or miss significant time.

A win here, a win there, to end the season...suddenly you are picking 8th or 10th or 14th....

Sometimes you suck, and sometimes you just get lucky to suck via injuries....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy - but as long as they can hit on the next QB - I think long-term this would help the Ravens more than anything. Lamar's skill set is short-lived for a QB of his style...and hasn't shown a ton of improvement in his pocket game. He's missed a ton of time the past 2 years with injuries - at what point does one of the biggest assets he uses as a passer (his legs) give out and he's a poor-mans Andy Dalton?

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it Eli Apple won't be tweeting anytime soon :dhd:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this did not age very well. Bengals were fighting to the end, which is more than a lot of teams can say. So close.

Having to keep on fighting with the league / refs all season takes alot. It was bound to catch up.

Welp, I guess the clown show has shut down for this fan. I'll be back when the circus comes back to town ( 2023 opener ).