• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m good with either one throwing a football……my comment above was complete sarcasm, did Huntley start 5 games?
Barely.

I got you. However, I really don't think Huntley is that bad of an option at QB while getting a huge haul on Lamar. That defense is legit. Some play makers on offense, but geared around the ground and pound game still. I don't think it would be too bad. However, if I am Baltimore I am selling him to the NFC. I do not want him in the AFC wrecking my chances on a yearly basis.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our issue with the Ravens currently is far from over. They feel a certain way and the Bengals feel a certain way. Next season matchups will be nasty.
This division always has a certain fire to it. Being the top dog will always attract more gasoline.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Huntley threw 2 TD passes & had a 41 QBR this year... welcome to the pro bowl

Did everyone else decline?

Fnzl6YcaEAAP8lv

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nice that Huntley could take his time in Utah learning the "being shitty and being carried by the team" skill and translate it to NFL success

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division always has a certain fire to it. Being the top dog will always attract more gasoline.
I agree.... And this was the point I was making about KC in another thread. Their current team hasn't had any real threat from their division. There hasn't been any real reason for bad feelings. I actually thought it was good to see them get their feathers ruffled and really relish beating the Bengals. Teams need challengers. KC struck me as board at various parts of the last two seasons. I don't think that will happen with AFC-N teams.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the spotlight will always be on Burrow, but I can't get over how happy I am to call Zac Taylor my team's coach. He's all about not being afraid, always believe, and he has a backbone. A team will always be a reflection of their coach and it defintely shows. And he's still learning. But the bottom line is he's just a wonderful human being. Truly the opposite of what the Bengals had before.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the spotlight will always be on Burrow, but I can't get over how happy I am to call Zac Taylor my team's coach. He's all about not being afraid, always believe, and he has a backbone. A team will always be a reflection of their coach and it defintely shows. And he's still learning. But the bottom line is he's just a wonderful human being. Truly the opposite of what the Bengals had before.
I think he's a great HC.

I question his offensive scheme/play calling - but, I think he's been a great HC.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a great HC.

I question his offensive scheme/play calling - but, I think he's been a great HC.
This is where I am with him. I'd like for him to continue to evolve as an offensive coach, but from a team-building and leadership standpoint he is fantastic. And as much as his coordinators have meant to him and to this team, I think Zac will continue to get better as he works with more and more coaches....He'll continue to evolve with scheme/ideas.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I am with him. I'd like for him to continue to evolve as an offensive coach, but from a team-building and leadership standpoint he is fantastic. And as much as his coordinators have meant to him and to this team, I think Zac will continue to get better as he works with more and more coaches....He'll continue to evolve with scheme/ideas.
Agreed.

Lou has been his backbone as he finds his footing offensively. The offense may get the headlines, but this defense has been the point to which has carried this team.

If Lou leaves, ZT has to get the offense much better and in a hurry. It may sound a bit harsh, but I've said it before - no one gets less from more with this offense than Taylor. Burrow, Boyd, Higgins, Chase, Mixon - there shouldn't be this Titanic struggle each week to move the ball and score points. I'm not saying that the team should score 40 a game - but this team shouldn't look so inept at times in just moving the ball and getting sustained drives.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lou leaves, ZT has to get the offense much better and in a hurry. It may sound a bit harsh, but I've said it before - no one gets less from more with this offense than Taylor. Burrow, Boyd, Higgins, Chase, Mixon - there shouldn't be this Titanic struggle each week to move the ball and score points. I'm not saying that the team should score 40 a game - but this team shouldn't look so inept at times in just moving the ball and getting sustained drives.

Mixon is by far the weak link. I get the offense is West Coast oriented, but they couldn't run the ball worth a lick majority all season. That's where it all begins. The team was really clicking and damn near unstoppable when Perine was the 100% shareholder. If they can get a consistant run game next season, the results from the Bills game will be Deja VU. Just line each opponent up and knock em down like bowling pins.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon is by far the weak link. I get the offense is West Coast oriented, but they couldn't run the ball worth a lick majority all season. That's where it all begins. The team was really clicking and damn near unstoppable when Perine was the 100% shareholder. If they can get a consistant run game next season, the results from the Bills game will be Deja VU. Just line each opponent up and knock em down like bowling pins.
That is a bit of a fallacy. Mixon was a 3.9 YPC and Perine 4.1. I think what most fans preferred was the straight ahead attack Perine brought compared to the dancing in the backfield Mixon did.

In the end, the run scheme stunk from a play calling perspective. The alignments were largely predictable, and offered little imagination. The best running games of the year offered a lot of pulling guys and pinning guys. Panthers and Bills. For some reason, they didn't do much of this against KC at all. There's also an issue where the alignment from under center is nearly 80% runs. You can't have that. In more than one game this year, it was noticeable that the other team recognized the play before the snap.

So, the OL wasn't as upgraded as we hoped, and Mixon/Perine did struggle at times to hit opens holes that were there, but in the end, none of that is going to matter much when your approach just isn't very good. I've followed Taylor for a bit since his days at UC - so, I'm fairly aware of his style and play calling...he wasn't very good at UC, either and had many of the same issues he's having now.

There's no argument I think the Bengals can upgrade from Mixon - but I don't think changing the RB is going to be the quick-fix to the run game that many seem to think it will be. The OL certainly has to get better, but there needs to be a lot more innovative play calling and alignment from a scheme standpoint, IMO, for this offense to get the run game going again.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Lou has been his backbone as he finds his footing offensively. The offense may get the headlines, but this defense has been the point to which has carried this team.

Offensive line and protection. No run blocking. Limited pass blocking.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These mock drafts of the Bengals taking a TE first needs to be burned to the ground. If it's not a CB or a banger-style RB, not interested.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These mock drafts of the Bengals taking a TE first needs to be burned to the ground. If it's not a CB or a banger-style RB, not interested.
1st round RB's are not worth it. The value at this position has plummeted unless there is a sure-fire stud - and there's not.

They have CBT and Awuzie returns next year. I agree they need another DB, but it doesn't need to be a 1st rounder.

I'd go for Mayer from ND - but I don't see him dropping.

I have seen quite a few OT's drop in some mocks as well as edge guys - never have enough guys along the lines...and this defense could use another pure rush guy opposite of Hendrickson on some downs or in relief - his injury really affected his numbers/pressure rate - and I think you saw that at KC against a solid OL.