• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the Browns don't draft many Ohio State players. Dammit.
To be fair - it's hit or miss like anything.

Bengals have drafted OSU guys who busted out.

Their run, lately, though has been decent.

Bell, Apple, Hubbard and Chrisman all have pivotal roles.

Prince is a backup OL, IIRC.....

They've whiffed on a few, though, most notably Price at C and I think there was another DL or LB???

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They've whiffed on a few, though, most notably Price at C and I think there was another DL or LB??? <-

Dan Wilkinson?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They've whiffed on a few, though, most notably Price at C and I think there was another DL or LB???

Archie Griffin…..

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie George

So I looked up Buckeyes drafted by the Bengals and ran across this article.

History lesson: Ohio State and the Cincinnati Bengals go way back (daytondailynews 5/4/18)

A few cool things.

No program has sent more players to Cincy than Ohio State. 28 in the teams first 50 years.

In their 11 years they got 10 Buckeyes + two more in expansion draft.

And Bengals media guide says Buckeyes could have been the name of the team. But Paul Brown said Buckeyes belong to Ohio State and went with Bengals because an earlier pro team had gone by that name. Also mentioned Brown's success at Massillon HS might have influenced his Bengals decision.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

That's great!

After the team bent them over at the stadium for 3 and a half hours in the freeazing cold, the players continue to do so at the oppoing fans over the internet. Don't even let them have the time to grab the hot chocolate. What a time to be alive! ( I think the Bills are broken :pound:).

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the team bent them over at the stadium for 3 and a half hours in the freeazing cold, the players continue to do so at the oppoing fans over the internet. Don't even let them have the time to grab the hot chocolate. What a time to be alive! ( I think the Bills are broken :pound:).
I think my favorite thing so far is the Bills GM trying to burn the Bengals by stating they don't want to be so bad as to be in position to draft a Chase (clearly inferring that Chase is a big reason Bengals beat Bills) but conveniently forgets they could have had Jefferson, Higgins, Metcalf...and the list goes on, later in the 1st round, or subsequent rounds.

In reality - he's failed at landing impact guys to surround his QB with - without trading and paying for them. Not that there's anything wrong with it - just found it oddly amusing that by trying to point out the Bengals got Chase at 4, he inadvertently called attention to his own bad drafting...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'Hey Kansas City, better forget about Jake and State Farm! GET ALLSTATE and be better protected from Mayhem, like me! BENGALA memecreatorapp.com'

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite thing so far is the Bills GM trying to burn the Bengals by stating they don't want to be so bad as to be in position to draft a Chase (clearly inferring that Chase is a big reason Bengals beat Bills) but conveniently forgets they could have had Jefferson, Higgins, Metcalf...and the list goes on, later in the 1st round, or subsequent rounds.

In reality - he's failed at landing impact guys to surround his QB with - without trading and paying for them. Not that there's anything wrong with it - just found it oddly amusing that by trying to point out the Bengals got Chase at 4, he inadvertently called attention to his own bad drafting...
I mean, the guy has had Allen on a team friendly figure for years... First his rookie deal and then the first couple of years of his extension not taking up a bunch of the cap. He had enough money to take a swing on Von Miller.... But Miller got hurt. I get that teams have new challenges when QBs move to their second contracts. But beyond the excellence of Burrow, the biggest thing driving the Bengals success is that they identified and signed great free agents that were undervalued by their current teams and undervalued by the rest of the league. This team does not go on this run the last two seasons without DJ Reader, Trey Hendrickson, Von Miller and Mike Hilton.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the guy has had Allen on a team friendly figure for years... First his rookie deal and then the first couple of years of his extension not taking up a bunch of the cap. He had enough money to take a swing on Von Miller.... But Miller got hurt. I get that teams have new challenges when QBs move to their second contracts. But beyond the excellence of Burrow, the biggest thing driving the Bengals success is that they identified and signed great free agents that were undervalued by their current teams and undervalued by the rest of the league. This team does not go on this run the last two seasons without DJ Reader, Trey Hendrickson, Von Miller and Mike Hilton.
And they've been able to overcome injuries.

Lose Chase, have Higgins. Lost Higgins, got back Chase and still have Boyd. Lost Reader, have Tupou, lost Tupou and Tufele stepped it up. Lost Wilson, have Pratt, and Bailey, and Davis Gather. Lost Awuzie getting enough from Apple and CTB, lost Hendrickson and Hubbard for a few games each - up steps Ossai and Carter and Sample...

Lost Cappa - Scharping; Lost Williams - Carman, Lost Collins - Adeniji...(and it's not often you can say that losing your two starting OT and being replaced by guys who may just be outplaying them)

I mean....the run is insane.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've said this many times before but I'm still very sour that the Steelers let Hilton walk. I understand they were in a bind prior to his contract year which set him up as a UFA, but they had ample opportunity prior to that to get a deal done but they were too cheap and kept taking advantage of him with RFA/ERFA tags. Dude was easily a top 2-3 slot CB, if not the best in the league. Which is why I completely understand his disdain towards the Steelers. I don't take it personal when he taunts the fans (like so many other fans on social media do), because I know he's really just taunting our FO for treating him like he was a PS pawn.

Our FO made this bed and now we have to sleep in it... with Arthur Crispy Maulet

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've said this many times before but I'm still very sour that the Steelers let Hilton walk. I understand they were in a bind prior to his contract year which set him up as a UFA, but they had ample opportunity prior to that to get a deal done but they were too cheap and kept taking advantage of him with RFA/ERFA tags. Dude was easily a top 2-3 slot CB, if not the best in the league. Which is why I completely understand his disdain towards the Steelers. I don't take it personal when he taunts the fans (like so many other fans on social media do), because I know he's really just taunting our FO for treating him like he was a PS pawn.

Our FO made this bed and now we have to sleep in it... with Arthur Crispy Maulet
It's crazy to me how undervalued he was and how good he is.... I think it's taken Lou almost the full two seasons to find all the different ways you can use him. The slot corner is going to be a really interesting position in football as offenses continue to become advanced in their disguises and multiple in ability to hurt you.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to me how undervalued he was and how good he is.... I think it's taken Lou almost the full two seasons to find all the different ways you can use him. The slot corner is going to be a really interesting position in football as offenses continue to become advanced in their disguises and multiple in ability to hurt you.
Agreed. You wouldn't know it just by lookin at the dude, but Hilton really plays like a mini-LB that has great coverage skills. The Steelers were VERY fortunate to have found that kid as a UDFA. Back then they were still trying to make their 2nd Rd pick Senquez Golson a thing, who was teammates with Hilton at Ole Miss. I think that is what lured Hilton here. He was an instant camp darling, and Maurkice Pouncey predicted back then in training camp that he was going to be the guy at camp's end, or at least told everyone to keep an eye on him. He made an immediate impact as a UDFA rookie on the defense. Keith Butler never shied away from blitzing him because he had a great nose for the football.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. You wouldn't know it just by lookin at the dude, but Hilton really plays like a mini-LB that has great coverage skills. The Steelers were VERY fortunate to have found that kid as a UDFA. Back then they were still trying to make their 2nd Rd pick Senquez Golson a thing, who was teammates with Hilton at Ole Miss. I think that is what lured Hilton here. He was an instant camp darling, and Maurkice Pouncey predicted back then in training camp that he was going to be the guy at camp's end, or at least told everyone to keep an eye on him. He made an immediate impact as a UDFA rookie on the defense. Keith Butler never shied away from blitzing him because he had a great nose for the football.

Stop talking about Hilton please.....it's depressing me, still pissed he's gone.....too early for bourbon......