• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early on I thought, oh know Russ is cooked but after the rust was gone he did a lot better than I ever expected. Do I think this will happen each game, definitely not, but if they can average over 200 yards passing with a TD or 2 each game, we haven't witnessed since Ben left.
Nah this isn't sustainable. They benefitted from a depleted Jets secondary & a team that looks like its imploding. Credit to the Steelers for having the balls to exploit that depleted secondary. Normally they do the opposite.

Aaron Rodgers is a shell of his former self, yet the defense still struggled for stretches & continued to give up chunk plays (especially on 3rd downs). Tackling was bad & pressure wasn't good last night. DC Austin still seems content to only rush 4 the majority of the time. And if the opposing QB has a time to release less than 3sec, then you're rarely going to generate pressure. Tired of seeing Steelers DBs giving free inside releases.
That is the thing with Pickens, he could have made all the other shitty QB's the Steelers had look better than they really are. What I am annoyed with, was it the coaches play calling that never gave them opportunity, or were they all just that bad and lack the IQ to attempt the throws?

NOTE: I fully think Tribisky was just THAT bad and stupid. But the others I feel a lot of it was play calling and the coaches lack of confidence in them.
Playcalling needs to be better. We are only a week or 2 removed from Pickens being out-snapped by Van Jefferson. That alone should tell you the coaches are f*ckin things up. Last night Pickens had his highest snap count on the year, and he clearly opened up the entire offense. Fields got the short straw on Arthur Smith's shitty game plans.

I'll give Russ some credit for making good pre-snap reads & calling things out better for the offense. But he looked rusty. He was consistently underthrowing receivers all game.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah this isn't sustainable. They benefitted from a depleted Jets secondary & a team that looks like its imploding. Credit to the Steelers for having the balls to exploit that depleted secondary. Normally they do the opposite.

Aaron Rodgers is a shell of his former self, yet the defense still struggled for stretches & continued to give up chunk plays (especially on 3rd downs). Tackling was bad & pressure wasn't good last night. DC Austin still seems content to only rush 4 the majority of the time. And if the opposing QB has a time to release less than 3sec, then you're rarely going to generate pressure. Tired of seeing Steelers DBs giving free inside releases.

Playcalling needs to be better. We are only a week or 2 removed from Pickens being out-snapped by Van Jefferson. That alone should tell you the coaches are f*ckin things up. Last night Pickens had his highest snap count on the year, and he clearly opened up the entire offense. Fields got the short straw on Arthur Smith's shitty game plans.

I'll give Russ some credit for making good pre-snap reads & calling things out better for the offense. But he looked rusty. He was consistently underthrowing receivers all game.
Still need a better WR2 to go anywhere this season, even with GP making circus catches with CB's draped all over him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still need a better WR2 to go anywhere this season, even with GP making circus catches with CB's draped all over him.
Maybe they convinced Mike Williams to stay in Pittsburgh after last night's game

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANYTHING is better than Van.

Just hoping for a better upgrade than Williams.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was honestly amazed they actually took advantage of a situation picking apart their secondary. Truly think Wilson had influence on that and the play calling in general vs the coaching doing the right thing.

As for the defense it is mind-numbing giving a 40 year old QB any amount of time. Austin relies way too much on the abilities of Watt and Heyward to make or break the pass rush.

In the end glad they won a game they should have won. Granted, a lot of luck helped them earn that win, IE...Beanie Bishop gifted an INT after Wilson let that ball bounce off his chest. If Beanie wasn't burnt so bad he would never have been in position to catch that ball.

Last edited:

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early on I thought, oh know Russ is cooked but after the rust was gone he did a lot better than I ever expected. Do I think this will happen each game, definitely not, but if they can average over 200 yards passing with a TD or 2 each game, we haven't witnessed since Ben left.

That is the thing with Pickens, he could have made all the other shitty QB's the Steelers had look better than they really are. What I am annoyed with, was it the coaches play calling that never gave them opportunity, or were they all just that bad and lack the IQ to attempt the throws?

NOTE: I fully think Tribisky was just THAT bad and stupid. But the others I feel a lot of it was play calling and the coaches lack of confidence in them.
I'm fully onboard with this post. I have no idea what coordinators are thinking..... If the offense is stagnant, why not just throw a 50/50 ball to Pickens? You might get a catch, you might get PI. The highest probability is that you 'll have an incomplete pass, but at least it opens it a little. Flacco was really good at this during the year he led the Ravens to the super bowl. It opens everything else up. I have no idea why coaches decide that the best plan of attack with a limited QB is to throw the ball horizontal and hope for the best.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully onboard with this post. I have no idea what coordinators are thinking..... If the offense is stagnant, why not just throw a 50/50 ball to Pickens? You might get a catch, you might get PI. The highest probability is that you 'll have an incomplete pass, but at least it opens it a little. Flacco was really good at this during the year he led the Ravens to the super bowl. It opens everything else up. I have no idea why coaches decide that the best plan of attack with a limited QB is to throw the ball horizontal and hope for the best.
This mentality is why the fans take exception to Tomlin. Because Tomlin's M-O is to win on the back of their defense while playing the most vanilla fear-based offense known to the NFL. They play not to lose, vs playing to win.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANYTHING is better than Van.

Just hoping for a better upgrade than Williams.
At this point, its hard to see a clear path for a trade for something better. I'm fearful of what it would take to pry anything loose this late in the year.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar #1 in QB rating, #2 in QBR.

Not too shabby for a "RB"
So much fun to watch, then add in his humility and confident/funny personality, so easy to root for the guy

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously @Money that was a great game for him! Do you think the OC, Jackson and Harbaugh are realizing they need to target Andrews more than Likely? Andrews has been the constant there for so long and truly is the most consistent pass catcher Jackson has had.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously @Money that was a great game for him! Do you think the OC, Jackson and Harbaugh are realizing they need to target Andrews more than Likely? Andrews has been the constant there for so long and truly is the most consistent pass catcher Jackson has had.
After a slow start, Andrews is beginning to round back into form. Likely is so freaking good, but Lamar has a tremendous amount of trust in Andrews. It really comes down to who the defenses decide to key on. When defenses have to commit so much to stopping the run game...there's just not a lot left to shut down Flowers, Bateman, Andrews and Likely.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But can he do it in January? That is always the question.
Well...if he does, he will be the first one in the AFC to get it done (not named Manning, Brady or Mahomes) since Joe Flacco.