• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore played chicken and lost. There were plenty of oppurtunities to keep the Colts in Baltimore, including ten years earlier when then owner Rosenbloom offered up to $20M to help fund a new stadium. Memorial stadium seating sucked and couldn't handle the Colts and Orioles, even back in the 50's. Baltimore tried to strongarm Irsay into staying in Memorial. Until the Maryland Senate passed legislation for Baltimore to use eminent domain, Irsay didn't have a contract to go anywhere else yet.
I haven’t heard many people play the victim card for Bob Irsay. He absolutely destroyed the team and threatened to move the team numerous times while running it into the ground.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t heard many people play the victim card for Bob Irsay. He absolutely destroyed the team and threatened to move the team numerous times while running it into the ground.

The Baltimore politicians screwed Baltimore. The only thing being run into the ground was Memorial Stadium. Had the Colts not left when they did, the Orioles would be playing in another city today. The Orioles also wanted a new stadium and Baltimore ponied up to build Camden Yard to keep the team there.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Baltimore politicians screwed Baltimore. The only thing being run into the ground was Memorial Stadium. Had the Colts not left when they did, the Orioles would be playing in another city today. The Orioles also wanted a new stadium and Baltimore ponied up to build Camden Yard to keep the team there.
I agree that Memorial Stadium should have been replaced long before it was, but Irsay absolutely ran the Baltimore Colts into the ground. The Colts were an elite franchise before Irsay came along. They were also packing 60k fans into that stadium every game. The Colts were an embarrassment went they left. The stadium didn't do that to the franchise. The owner did.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Memorial Stadium should have been replaced long before it was, but Irsay absolutely ran the Baltimore Colts into the ground. The Colts were an elite franchise before Irsay came along. They were also packing 60k fans into that stadium every game. The Colts were an embarrassment went they left. The stadium didn't do that to the franchise. The owner did.

If the Colts were so embarrissing, then why are you crying over them leaving Baltimore? You had two owners who wanted to move the Colts, making Baltimore the common denominator.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Colts were so embarrissing, then why are you crying over them leaving Baltimore? You had two owners who wanted to move the Colts, making Baltimore the common denominator.
I was crying over it when it happened because I was a kid and they were my team. Certainly not crying about it now...just stating facts.

It's very clear what the Colts were when Irsay became owner and what the Colts were when they left town. I'm going to blame the owner. You, apparently, are going to blame the stadium and the city. That's a unique way to go, but whatever.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every-bungles-fan-when-they-saw-the-red-rocket-would-start-v0-5mw8a5vd1vqd1.jpeg