• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's also not forget - Lamar was also a winner in putting together the greatest rap of the 80's to win them the Greek Council.

Robert Carradine 80S GIF
clap ya hands, everybody, and everybody, clap ya hands. . . .

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know it's all tongue-in-cheek, but, pretty sure our beloved Terrible Towel's curse is only extended to when members of other franchises (players and/or coaches) desecrate the Towel, the curse doesn't really have anything to do with other teams' fans.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know it's all tongue-in-cheek, but, pretty sure our beloved Terrible Towel's curse is only extended to when members of other franchises (players and/or coaches) desecrate the Towel, the curse doesn't really have anything to do with other teams' fans.
Oh I saw screw em all. If you use the towel to rub on your ass, the team you root for deserves the misery. :D

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the haters waited until they lost to pop out of the shadows. lol

As is tradition

How does it feel knowing a bench QB in Huntley is better for the Ravens system than your super max QB? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the matter. If you're still teary-eyed, I give you some time.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art Rooney II said repeatedly he believes the OC hire is going to get done "sooner rather than later" -- and said that the hire is Tomlin's."To be clear, it's Mike's hire. Head coaches hire their coordinators, and I think it'd be a mistake for me to try to screw up the lines of authority, let's say, in terms of how things are supposed to work."That being said, Mike and I talk every day. Omar talks every day sharing ideas, but that's got to be Mike's hiring, and I think Mike identified we want somebody that has some experience and somebody that has let's say a track record that we can look at and feel comfortable with. And so those are the things that Mike is looking for."

Interesting.......the more you know

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Steeler fans are whiney little bitches. One of the best coaches in the NFL putting up with a shit OC and DC and they are 6-3. Boo fucking hoo. Then blaming Tomlin for doing everything he can with a shit team and shit coordinators. It isn't his job to fire coordinators. Now he can take away duties from him but who would be calling plays if Canada didn't? He just needs to be fire.

The point is Tomlin is still a top coach. The FO is shit
The owner straight up said the Coordinators are hired by Tomlin.

Guess we finally have our answer.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this yesterday evening:

Ravens called just 3 runs in early down situations with a RB.

Against the #28 run defense.

With an offense geared to really run the ball.

I mean, Ravens made some silly mistakes that cost them...shot themselves in the foot...and Mahomes looked terrified at points to run the ball despite having 10-15-20 yards of open field in front of him - instead forcing bad passes or chucking it away. The game was there for the taking.

Playcalling from the Ravens was suspect, IMO - and coupled with the mistakes - it was just too much. KC wasn't great, but they played a sound enough game and didn't beat themselves.
Even worse, those 3 runs netted 17 yards. So, they were effective running early, but decided it wasn't for them.

On the other side, I thought KC's offensive game plan in the first half was terrific. They did some of the stuff the Bengals were having success with when they played the Ravens - Check it to the flats, make the linebackers cover horizontally and then open it up for Kelce on the second level in the middle. Their pass design was very efficient in that first half and they built a bit of a lead before the Ravens adjusted. Mahomes is really good at throwing against zones and simulated pressure doesn't matter to him as much. He annoys me, but the dude understands football.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it feel knowing a bench QB in Huntley is better for the Ravens system than your super max QB? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the matter. If you're still teary-eyed, I give you some time.

Huntley? The guy who puts up worse numbers and has a losing record in the same offense? That Huntley?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even worse, those 3 runs netted 17 yards. So, they were effective running early, but decided it wasn't for them.

On the other side, I thought KC's offensive game plan in the first half was terrific. They did some of the stuff the Bengals were having success with when they played the Ravens - Check it to the flats, make the linebackers cover horizontally and then open it up for Kelce on the second level in the middle. Their pass design was very efficient in that first half and they built a bit of a lead before the Ravens adjusted. Mahomes is really good at throwing against zones and simulated pressure doesn't matter to him as much. He annoys me, but the dude understands football.
Only thing he won't do - at least as much as I think he should - is run the ball more when the field is given to him. Lou, and the Bengals, have made their living in rushing only 3-4 and dropping 7-8. They dare KC to stick with the run and dare Mahomes to run the ball - he won't. Ravens did the same thing late - stopped bringing pressure and dropping 7-8. PM had several chances to extend drives, or pick up 1st down with easy runs...instead - he wouldn't do it consistently. It was there, every time....7-8-9 yards...refused to take it consistently.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAMAR system

the-lamar-system-v0-315y96zm0ifc1.png
Ravens just forgot to do what got them there.

Lamar is a big part of that, but that team was a running team. Against the Texans, still only up 7 into the 4th quarter, that team finished with 42 rushes. Of those, 31 were by RB's.

Against KC - while they were down, they were never in "must pass" mode territory (close, but never got there thanks to the defense shutting down KC in the 2nd half) - they ran the ball just 16 times. Of those, just 8 were by RB's. Against a defense that was not overly stout against the run during the regular season.

You can get on the Lions for some of their decisions in their game, but those decisions mirrored what got them there. Aggressive play calling and pushing the envelop on 4th down. That's what got them there, and they stuck with it. It didn't work out, but they didn't try and change who they were.

The Ravens did. I think they lost because of it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame on us for thinking Tomlin would hire someone that sparked excitement...

We thought we were going to get a creative offensive mind... and instead we got Matt Canada's 2nd cousin

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame on us for thinking Tomlin would hire someone that sparked excitement...

We thought we were going to get a creative offensive mind... and instead we got Matt Canada's 2nd cousin

I was gonna do the Spiderman gif