• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.... I predicted that he would be fired after losing to the Bengals. Now I'm thinking they have an offensive explosion against are suddenly shaky D and the Steelers bandwagon is fired back up for the stretch run.
(insert mutha-fuka voice)
prophecy-says-mace-windu-mace-windu.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly- I would start Flacco once he is up to speed.

DTR is going to ruin the only good parts about the offense. The good parts of the Browns offense are the screen game and the running game. The fact that DTR commands absolutely zero respect downfield means the defense can sit every single guy near the line of scrimmage.

The screen game has been extremely effective for the Browns but was destroyed by the Steelers since they just sat on it. One play a screen was almost intercepted last week since like 4 guys were by Njoku.

Flacco is obviously pretty washed, but at least the defense wont be able to sit on the line of scrimmage and destroy the run game and the screen game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still crazy to me that we thought we hit rock bottom with Fichtner as OC...

Then Matt Canada brought a shovel.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still crazy to me that we thought we hit rock bottom with Fichtner as OC...

Randy was incompetent.

Matt was actively harmful.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did us a solid. And all you had to do was score 13 points with a rookie scrub.
I hate to say it but you gotta start Flacco

the defense just sits on the line against DTR. At one point i swear there were like 5 straight passes that either went for negative yards or less then 2 yards.

I was screaming at the TV to throw the ball forward. They have zero faith in him throwing the ball downfield at all.

Unfortunately I went to the first Ravens Browns game- and I understand DTR was unprepared but he looked terrible. He looked better this last week but still is just zero threat to throw the ball downfield.

If teams can just sit on the screen and run game and have no respect for the pass- then the run game is going to evaporate. At least Flacco still has a big arm and will keep the defense honest even if its just mostly a mirage.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitting the duties of OC between Sullivan and Faulkner signals that neither will get the job for next season. Which is good. The hire needs to come from outside the org.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great.... Now they are going to replace Canada with a young, fresh mind that understands NFL offensive schemes in 2023.

Checks notes..... So, they're going with a guy that has been chased out of town both times he served as OC.

Well.... Okay then. The Tomlin way.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the defense just sits on the line against DTR. At one point i swear there were like 5 straight passes that either went for negative yards or less then 2 yards.

I was screaming at the TV to throw the ball forward. They have zero faith in him throwing the ball downfield at all.

Unfortunately I went to the first Ravens Browns game- and I understand DTR was unprepared but he looked terrible. He looked better this last week but still is just zero threat to throw the ball downfield.

If teams can just sit on the screen and run game and have no respect for the pass- then the run game is going to evaporate. At least Flacco still has a big arm and will keep the defense honest even if its just mostly a mirage.
Steelers fans feel that pain in our soul.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitting the duties of OC between Sullivan and Faulkner signals that neither will get the job for next season. Which is good. The hire needs to come from outside the org.
That is fantastic news. No more inside hires please. Tomlin needs to get this next hire right. It's been too long since they've had a successful offense (Haley).

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is Flacco is a sitting duck in the pocket but obviously a huge upgrade throwing the ball. I would give DTR one last chance

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.... Now they are going to replace Canada with a young, fresh mind that understands NFL offensive schemes in 2023.

Checks notes..... So, they're going with a guy that has been chased out of town both times he served as OC.

Sadly this should be expected. This team is so bad at hiring coordinators for the past decade.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You aren't going to find that fresh mind right now anyway. Neither guy is the OC. They are just placeholders.

If either one gets promoted to OC in the offseason, then we can say they are fucked in mediocrity again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Schwartz gets a head coach job. That would really suck. With his track record of stopping Shanahan offenses, he will be an attractive candidate.

I hope he stays but it will be interesting to see.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is Flacco is a sitting duck in the pocket but obviously a huge upgrade throwing the ball. I would give DTR one last chance
Flacco's game has always been about throwing jump ball bombs, and hoping to come away with a PI.

He made a lot of money over his career with that strategy, too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give DTR this week since Flacco wont be ready.

I feel like its going to be tough for DTR. Denver is a tough place to play.

If DTR cant move the chains and give the defense a rest, then the Browns hand will be forced. What I fear is going to happen is a lot of 3 and outs, and a lot of bad field position, and the defense on the field for the entire game. I hope it doesn't happen.

The run game is so important, but its hard to run when the other team has just no respect for the pass downfield.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair to DTR, his 2 games have been against very good defenses in the Ravens and Steelers.

Denver has a pretty darn good defense though too. We cant just throw 5 yard outs all game and run into 9 defenders in the box.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am hoping that last drive where he threw the ball downfield pretty well is a sign to Stef to open it up a bit.

Of course, I was hoping that when Chubb was healthy, they would keep him in the game when they had the ball inside the 5 yard line, too, but that never happened.