• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"More games are lost than won in the NFL." - Bill Belichek

<rant>

At this point, as a Browns fan, I only tune in to figure out how they are going to find a way to lose. I hate this team.

Defense gave up 12 points. Offense gave up 14 points. That's next-level losing right there.

Pittsburgh only needed 1 play - a 71 yard TD that was more yards than they had gained the entire game to that point, to win the game. The rest of the time they were much better off if the Browns had the ball. The Browns defense had a better chance of scoring.

You script the first 15 plays. Practice them over and over again. Very first play, receiver and QB are not on the same page. Pick 6.

Stupid penalties. Monumentally stupid. Blowing up a guy on a fair catch? Too many men on the field on a punt return (wasted a time out to avoid the 5 flags thrown). TWO facemask penalties by the QB???? I've never seen 2 in the same year.

Ball security? Who needs that? Make the line to gain on 4th and 1, only to fumble the ball away. Seriously? Everyone was worried about the rookie RT vs TJ Watt - Jones actually did a great job. That didn't make up for the turn-style they have playing left tackle and the guards were beaten like a red-headed step child all game.

Punt returner who gives up over half the field in field position by refusing to catch the damn ball.

<not stupid, just terribly unlucky> - lose one of the best running backs in the league for the year and perhaps for his career. After that happened, I refused to even watch the replay, but some a@@hole in my text chat group sent the picture. Nauseating.

Despite all of that, a chance to win the game except the Head Coach/OC/Play-calling Mensa, who presumably has watched the same game I am, refuses to adjust as the opposition defense blitzkrieg's the QB like it's the Germans bombing London.

Can't wait to see what this team does next week.

</rant>

In total agreement minus the fair catch interference. It was a weak ass signal and he was in position to run rather than giving up the play so a gunner who just got shoved out of bounds couldn't possibly know.

Peoples Jones with possibly the worst round of returning without fumbling in NFL history.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side the Browns could have a top 5 defense

*until an asteroid lands on Myles Garrets house.*

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side the Browns could have a top 5 defense

*until an asteroid lands on Myles Garrets house.*
Finally hired a good DC and added some pieces around Garret. That defense will keep them in a lot of games if Watson doesn't give the ball to the other team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beginning to think Watson has to learn the game all over again. You very slight glimpses of great throws. He likely never gets back to a top 5 QB but can he get close to a fringe too 10? Realistically how long does it take to get your groove back after 2 years out? I mean he’s played in 7 games and training camp. Not a lot but he isn’t improving. Maybe it will take all of this full season (which is lost anyway with the Chubb injury). Either way it doesn’t look good

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatness of the AFCN has been greatly exaggerated. Each team has MAJOR holes to find ways to cover/improve if they really want to make runs. As is, no way this league is getting more than 1 into the playoffs...though I guess it helps that nearly every other team in the AFC also has at least 1 loss.

Also - thoughts up for Chubb. That was as nasty of an injury as I can recall that didn't involve bone sticking out of someone's body. Damn shame.

Ford is a dude though. Got to watch a lot of him when he was at Cincinnati (UC). Has very good acceleration, and top tier vision. Won't bring the same power as Chubb, but as far as backup RB's go...you could do a lot worse. I think he's going to show that he can handle the load.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatness of the AFCN has been greatly exaggerated. Each team has MAJOR holes to find ways to cover/improve if they really want to make runs. As is, no way this league is getting more than 1 into the playoffs...though I guess it helps that nearly every other team in the AFC also has at least 1 loss.

Also - thoughts up for Chubb. That was as nasty of an injury as I can recall that didn't involve bone sticking out of someone's body. Damn shame.

Ford is a dude though. Got to watch a lot of him when he was at Cincinnati (UC). Has very good acceleration, and top tier vision. Won't bring the same power as Chubb, but as far as backup RB's go...you could do a lot worse. I think he's going to show that he can handle the load.
Yeah the Browns are done if Watson can't become at least some version that he was on Houston. Ford will be fine but they need to bring in a back or two. He isn't a 3 down back right now. If we see the same Watson the last two games it will be long season. The defense looks damn good but as we saw last night you can't have 4 TO's, give 14 points to the defense and expect to win games. We will see. The ACFN looks much weaker now.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Browns are done if Watson can't become at least some version that he was on Houston. Ford will be fine but they need to bring in a back or two. He isn't a 3 down back right now. If we see the same Watson the last two games it will be long season. The defense looks damn good but as we saw last night you can't have 4 TO's, give 14 points to the defense and expect to win games. We will see. The ACFN looks much weaker now.
Bengals in the same boat, though more about Burrow's calf at this point...and a complete lack of offensive identity/creativity from Taylor, but I digress...

The defense has played damn well when you consider the offense has gone 3-out 46% of the time...that's nearly 50% of the time the defense has gone right back onto the field. Add in the lack of field position, and no matter how bad an offense may be...eventually the defense is going to give something up - especially when consistently backed up in their own side of the field. If the offense scores a TD on just a few of those drives...the games are completely different and force both the Browns, and the Ravens, into more of what the defense can thrive at...not saying they would have won either game, but it certainly would have been a benefit (of course).

Burrow is 1-7 in 8 career games the 1st two weeks of the season....and it's not all on him as some injuries have prevented him from being fully available, but he wasn't playing anyway...but the OL, RB's and WR still look like they are in preseason mode as well...and knowing that Burrow was limited would have made it even more beneficial for those guys to get preseason game reps and be as ready as possible and helping to protect Burrow...but I digress.....ugh.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns defense looks really good. I hesitate a little because I don't think they played good offensive teams yet.... The Bengals and Steelers both have clear issues on that side of the ball. The Bengals issues are likely temporary and the Steelers issues probably don't change until they get rid of Canada. Anyway, the Browns D looks really good. Their corners are super physical. I think you can expect them to get gashed every now and then like they did on the long touchdown, but that's only because they play very aggressively. That's a winning unit and given their schedule, they'll win a bunch of games on the backs of those dudes alone.

They definitely need to find something on offense. The running game looks great - Even with Chubb out I thought they did a nice job. But, if I were a Browns fan my fear would be that Watson is going to resort to hero ball. I'm not saying the dude needs to be a game manager, but with his D and running game, they could win a lot of games if he doesn't make mistakes.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals in the same boat, though more about Burrow's calf at this point...and a complete lack of offensive identity/creativity from Taylor, but I digress...

The defense has played damn well when you consider the offense has gone 3-out 46% of the time...that's nearly 50% of the time the defense has gone right back onto the field. Add in the lack of field position, and no matter how bad an offense may be...eventually the defense is going to give something up - especially when consistently backed up in their own side of the field. If the offense scores a TD on just a few of those drives...the games are completely different and force both the Browns, and the Ravens, into more of what the defense can thrive at...not saying they would have won either game, but it certainly would have been a benefit (of course).

Burrow is 1-7 in 8 career games the 1st two weeks of the season....and it's not all on him as some injuries have prevented him from being fully available, but he wasn't playing anyway...but the OL, RB's and WR still look like they are in preseason mode as well...and knowing that Burrow was limited would have made it even more beneficial for those guys to get preseason game reps and be as ready as possible and helping to protect Burrow...but I digress.....ugh.
This is the catch 22 with Burrow right now. You could put him on IR and lose him for 4 games. That would give him 5 weeks to get the calf right. Given the schedule, the Bengals could win 2 games while he is gone - They could win 3 if they were really lucky or if the offensive coaches came up with something to get the ball to playmakers. Then you have Burrow back for the last 11 games and you probably need 7 or 8 of them to get to the playoffs. But, here's the issue.... Burrow is clearly a guy that needs reps. If he misses 5 weeks of work, it will take him another 2 or 3 games before he can be competitive. And now you might be 3-6 and your hopes are probably gone.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada needs to (read: won't) simplify the playbook to match up to Pickett's strengths as he develops. He has a strong and usually accurate arm, but once he gets past his 3rd read he tends to make questionable decisions leading to tipped balls and potential interceptions. There were at least 2 dropped balls yesterday by defenders that should have been interceptions. More slants and curl routes to keep the play in front of him on his first and second reads. Use the speed guys to get open down the field as well. Dionte being out certainly hinders that a bit.

The run blocking is less than non-existent which doesn't help the passing game. Damn Canada.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada needs to (read: won't) simplify the playbook to match up to Pickett's strengths as he develops. He has a strong and usually accurate arm, but once he gets past his 3rd read he tends to make questionable decisions leading to tipped balls and potential interceptions. There were at least 2 dropped balls yesterday by defenders that should have been interceptions. More slants and curl routes to keep the play in front of him on his first and second reads. Use the speed guys to get open down the field as well. Dionte being out certainly hinders that a bit.

The run blocking is less than non-existent which doesn't help the passing game. Damn Canada.
Behold… in all it’s glory

F6bScOfaIAArzo4

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These fellow AFCN fans seriously make me laugh when you bitch about inpet offenses…

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I zoomed in to read the title of the graph and the Steelers emblem scrolled way off the page and it took me a while to find it. :L
Remember when we thought Randy Fichtner was bad?