• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends upon the severity of the injury. I injured my calf muscle once. My lower leg swelled to twice the size of the other leg. It took several weeks with no activity for me to even be able to walk normally.

Before you say it, no, I am not an NFL QB nor do I have access to the training staff of an NFL team. I was, at the time, in pretty good shape and worked out 6 days per week.

I like Joe a lot (Buckeye grad) and wish him well when it doesn't hurt the Browns. Yesterday the Browns caught him under perfect conditions but they also seem to have the Bengals' number even when they suck otherwise.
I don't doubt the difficulty of a calf injury. But, unless the damage was more extensive than reported, I still think 6-7 weeks for a professional athlete should have been enough. I also think we need to see him play another week to know if it's really impacting him. The Browns really pinned him in the pocket and the Bengals really couldn't do anything - Hard to say if that was an injury or just a dominant performance.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt the difficulty of a calf injury. But, unless the damage was more extensive than reported, I still think 6-7 weeks for a professional athlete should have been enough. I also think we need to see him play another week to know if it's really impacting him. The Browns really pinned him in the pocket and the Bengals really couldn't do anything - Hard to say if that was an injury or just a dominant performance.
I'm hoping for that dominant performance thing.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offenses across the league are struggling to score. I can't find it now, but since they've moved to a 3-game pre-season last year the number of offensive TD's has decreased each year in game 1. More and more teams are sitting players, and it is really affecting the offense.

I know no one wants to get an injury in the pre-season, but you can make a strong argument, IMO, that not playing guys and then sending them out there in a game situation with no real game preparation is likely just as worse.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offenses across the league are struggling to score. I can't find it now, but since they've moved to a 3-game pre-season last year the number of offensive TD's has decreased each year in game 1. More and more teams are sitting players, and it is really affecting the offense.

I know no one wants to get an injury in the pre-season, but you can make a strong argument, IMO, that not playing guys and then sending them out there in a game situation with no real game preparation is likely just as worse.
IMO it’s a direct product of coaching… the better coached teams didn’t look as ill-prepared because of their best players missing reps in preseason. I know it’s not 100% accurate because week 1 always seems to be a weird week. But take the 9ers for example. They traveled some 3k miles for an away game to open up the season and they dominated every snap. Not just the players, but their game plan was championship level football. Steelers were outmatched & outclassed in every way possible

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it’s a direct product of coaching… the better coached teams didn’t look as ill-prepared because of their best players missing reps in preseason. I know it’s not 100% accurate because week 1 always seems to be a weird week. But take the 9ers for example. They traveled some 3k miles for an away game to open up the season and they dominated every snap. Not just the players, but their game plan was championship level football. Steelers were outmatched & outclassed in every way possible
But, I thought the Steelers were 'sparring' all summer for the real boxing match in week 1?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I thought the Steelers were 'sparring' all summer for the real boxing match in week 1?
I know, right!?

Been sayin this for a long time, but Tomlin has never been a good X’s & O’s type coach capable of having his team better prepared scheme wise from week to week. He puts all his faith in his coordinators to do that, and it shows. Especially when they misplaced their faith in people like Matt Canada who has no business coaching at the pro level. And to make matters worse, Tomlin has an ego problem when it comes to admitting fault & making changes.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, right!?

Been sayin this for a long time, but Tomlin has never been a good X’s & O’s type coach capable of having his team better prepared scheme wise from week to week. He puts all his faith in his coordinators to do that, and it shows. Especially when they misplaced their faith in people like Matt Canada who has no business coaching at the pro level. And to make matters worse, Tomlin has an ego problem when it comes to admitting fault & making changes.
To be fair to Tomlin, his team looked excellent last season in week 1. Zac Taylor is aiming for the crown for coaches that truly suck in week 1.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Tomlin, his team looked excellent last season in week 1. Zac Taylor is aiming for the crown for coaches that truly suck in week 1.
The black Air Force energy game…but it’s a little different when youre playing a divisional opponent that youre more familiar with than other teams… for every 1 time the Steelers play the 9ers, they play the Bengals 8+ times in that same span.

Plus the Steelers forced a bunch of turnovers and still needed OT & a bunch of missed kicks to seal the deal. Steelers should have lost that game

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011, the Steelers played the Packers in the Super Bowl. I was in one of those year-long pick em pools and could win the first place prize if I took the Steelers to cover. I begrudgingly took the Steelers and hoped the Packers would win by less than 3. I felt dirty rooting for the Steelers because I had a lot of hatred for them during that time of my life.

I'm saying all of this because I will be rooting for the Steelers with everything I got this weekend and without an ounce of guilt. I normally am not sensitive to NFL twitter, but I've had about enough of Browns fans on that platform. Something needs to be done!

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011, the Steelers played the Packers in the Super Bowl. I was in one of those year-long pick em pools and could win the first place prize if I took the Steelers to cover. I begrudgingly took the Steelers and hoped the Packers would win by less than 3. I felt dirty rooting for the Steelers because I had a lot of hatred for them during that time of my life.

I'm saying all of this because I will be rooting for the Steelers with everything I got this weekend and without an ounce of guilt. I normally am not sensitive to NFL twitter, but I've had about enough of Browns fans on that platform. Something needs to be done!

lol

try being a Browns fan that lives in Cincinnati

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No self-respecting Ohio football fan would root for the Steelers if they were playing the Taliban.

One week of Twitter crap from Browns fans? Where have you been the last 50 years of Steelers fans talking crap?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol they are a special breed on Twitter

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No self-respecting Ohio football fan would root for the Steelers if they were playing the Taliban.

One week of Twitter crap from Browns fans? Where have you been the last 50 years of Steelers fans talking crap?
For the last 10+ years I’ve been slowly conditioning him to forget about the previous 40 years… Lulling him into a false sense of security

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your first problem, twitter. Crazy idiots on there. All the Browns fans I know love this current team but taking it with a grain of salt. Long season. It’s one game

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first problem, twitter. Crazy idiots on there. All the Browns fans I know love this current team but taking it with a grain of salt. Long season. It’s one game
Tell all those Browns fans you know that I don’t love your current team… Steelers by 10

Kenny-Pickett-8.jpg

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know.... I can barely read a lot of Bengals twitter for the same reason!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last 10+ years I’ve been slowly conditioning him to forget about the previous 40 years… Lulling him into a false sense of security

These days the Steelers fans are harder on their own team than they are on anyone else. I'm sure it will all change when they start winning - I'll go back to being annoyed. LOL.