• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe the cap is a mythical creature, but this looks ugly

Watson: $55M
Garrett: $29.17M
Cooper: $23.77M
Chubb: $14.85M
Ward: $12M

Cap is supposed to soar to $225M but that’s still 60% of the cap tied up in 5 players.
Just need 6 more players to have enough for the field…..

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel awful for the Browns. They really just caught a bad break, you know? ->Sure hope things turn around for them.<-

:pound:

Sir I applaud your great use of sarcasm. Love it. Almost spit my ice tea out reading it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward has been named to numerous "dirty" player lists in the past....there are several guys on defense who also would toe, and often step over, the line as well...The amount of fines that Harrison racked up in his career......

I'm not here to say Burfict was some saint - he had some major issues. But, let's be honest - in the early 00's, and prior - he would have been a god for any team and their fan base....they would have eaten that stuff up...we all did. If they were on your team, you loved how they played with "edge"...and often ignored the over the line stuff. If you played against them - there's no question they were dirty.
If you don't see a difference between what is done before & after the whistle, then there really is nothing more to discuss. Pretty sure we have touched on this same subject numerous times over the years on the Hoop. Not tryin to be a dick. Just not seeing eye to eye here and it feels redundant.

I'm not saying what the Steelers players did before the whistle was clean by any means. Harrison played with a nasty demeanor, and Ward was a heat seeking missile that loved to de-cleat MF'ers (and loved to laugh about it). Burfict antics were just completely different IMO.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need 6 more players to have enough for the field…..
1b4iks.jpg

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't see a difference between what is done before & after the whistle, then there really is nothing more to discuss. Pretty sure we have touched on this same subject numerous times over the years on the Hoop. Not tryin to be a dick. Just not seeing eye to eye here and it feels redundant.

I'm not saying what the Steelers players did before the whistle was clean by any means. Harrison played with a nasty demeanor, and Ward was a heat seeking missile that loved to de-cleat MF'ers (and loved to laugh about it). Burfict antics were just completely different IMO.
Yep - we'll agree to disagree.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about Watson's production on the field then the Browns future cap situation. They are FINE. Now, hopefully Schwartz can get the best out of Ward and they can flip him in the offseason. The OL contracts gets a bit dicey and the Conklin one could backfire. Keep restructuring that Watson contract and they will be fine. People look at the cap hits and think, "holy shit", I did at first too but the Browns were prepared for years to pay a QB and they have a plan.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck-a-reno, that's not good.
The contract in general was record-breaking and that is way too much guaranteed money, plain and simple but the Browns have a restructuring plan. Follow Jack Duffin, I have been for years. All that being said, a couple outrageous contracts that likely need to go in the future. Ward is one of them especially if Newsome and Emerson are the real deal. Watsons' cap hit will likely be $1M again this year and then they will restructure again in 2024. The Browns could have up to $60M in cap space if they choose to do so. Take it one year at a time. I am more worried about Watson getting back to being Watson on the football field....none of this matters if he isn't great.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract in general was record-breaking and that is way too much guaranteed money, plain and simple but the Browns have a restructuring plan. Follow Jack Duffin, I have been for years. All that being said, a couple outrageous contracts that likely need to go in the future. Ward is one of them especially if Newsome and Emerson are the real deal. Watsons' cap hit will likely be $1M again this year and then they will restructure again in 2024. The Browns could have up to $60M in cap space if they choose to do so. Take it one year at a time. I am more worried about Watson getting back to being Watson on the football field....none of this matters if he isn't great.

Thanks for the breakdown.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about Watson's production on the field then the Browns future cap situation. They are FINE. Now, hopefully Schwartz can get the best out of Ward and they can flip him in the offseason. The OL contracts gets a bit dicey and the Conklin one could backfire. Keep restructuring that Watson contract and they will be fine. People look at the cap hits and think, "holy shit", I did at first too but the Browns were prepared for years to pay a QB and they have a plan.

I figured there would be a massive overhaul of restructures. Definitely have their work cut out for them though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once it does not work out, they'll be handcuffed for the forseeable future.
Watson will be in an old folks home before the Browns recover!
That's the risk you take but honestly they were more fucked not acquiring him.

I mean if we look at their options at the time:

A. Don't go after Watson - pay Baker $30-$35M/year
B. Don't go after Watson, don't sign Baker. You pick up a bridge QB and draft a QB. Worst case you waste 2-3 years by letting him develop and with their draft position/talent there is no guarantee they are getting a top 10 pick. The odds of drafting a good QB dwindle.
C. Overpay for Watson, who showed he can be a great QB

Even if it doesn't workout I would take option C all day bc at least they are trying. The other two is going into another rebuild even though you have talent to win now. Now that they fired their two worst coaches (DC and ST coaches) there are literally no excuses. IF they don't win next season, Stefanski is gone. Then you better make the right hire bc your next 3-5 seasons are in jeopardy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson will hit the Browns’ cap for the same $54,993,000 every single season thru 2026

:spit:
Not with restructures. This offseason alone they can gain $35M in cap restructuring his deal. Next season they can restructure his deal again.

The bottomline is they better win now though and with the loaded AFC with their stud QB's that won't be easy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with restructures. This offseason alone they can gain $35M in cap restructuring his deal. Next season they can restructure his deal again.

The bottomline is they better win now though and with the loaded AFC with their stud QB's that won't be easy.
bottom line remains what a joke of a contract for athletic talent, not necessarily quality NFL QB play

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stand corrected on my earlier comments on the Browns cap. That’s the benefit of the years and money being guaranteed. Watson will get all the money coming to him but you can play accounting games with the cap figure through restructures.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's the risk you take but honestly they were more fucked not acquiring him.

I mean if we look at their options at the time:

A. Don't go after Watson - pay Baker $30-$35M/year
B. Don't go after Watson, don't sign Baker. You pick up a bridge QB and draft a QB. Worst case you waste 2-3 years by letting him develop and with their draft position/talent there is no guarantee they are getting a top 10 pick. The odds of drafting a good QB dwindle.
C. Overpay for Watson, who showed he can be a great QB

Even if it doesn't workout I would take option C all day bc at least they are trying. The other two is going into another rebuild even though you have talent to win now. Now that they fired their two worst coaches (DC and ST coaches) there are literally no excuses. IF they don't win next season, Stefanski is gone. Then you better make the right hire bc your next 3-5 seasons are in jeopardy.
You can but doing so is kicking some serious money down the road.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line remains what a joke of a contract for athletic talent, not necessarily quality NFL QB play
I already said it was a desperate contract but I didn’t know QB rating was only athletic ability. That’s news to me

FBFCDC0A-7893-420E-A751-95F636890A7E.jpeg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can but doing so is kicking some serious money down the road.
That’s why I said if they don’t win none of it matters, the exact reason they took the risk. I’m not sold on the move still