• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think the issue is the actual money - it's getting it guaranteed. He wants a Watson 100% guaranteed deal.

Baltimore is not interested in meeting that demand, and I don't blame them 1 bit.

Not to get into semantics but that argument is literally over money when it's guaranteed vs non-guaranteed contracts. But I agree that's definitely the likely sticking point and I can sympathize with both perspectives.
The Ravens have been one of the best run franchises over the past two decades. I'm sure they'll make a good choice on this one.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get into semantics but that argument is literally over money when it's guaranteed vs non-guaranteed contracts. But I agree that's definitely the likely sticking point and I can sympathize with both perspectives.
The Ravens have been one of the best run franchises over the past two decades. I'm sure they'll make a good choice on this one.
Fair enough - I am pointing out, that I think Bmore WILL give him a contract worthy of top tier QB's, but they are not going to go Haslem to keep him there...and, FWIW - to trade him, they'd have to find a team that knows LJ wants a guaranteed contract AND is willing to give it to him.

So, for example Chicago may want to make that trade, and maybe BMore would listen - but if Chicago isn't going to guarantee the contract, it's likely a moot point.

The Browns really F'd the rest of the NFL over with their contract to watson.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Allen gets the job done in the pocket. His running is an asset, but it's not what makes him a great QB.

LJ runs to open up the passing game. He is not a pocket passer. His ability to run the ball is more directly tied to his ability to be an effective QB.

These 2 guys are not the same.

Agreed. If Allen gets a knee/leg injury and loses a step I think he becomes prime Matt Stafford with more size and an even stronger arm. Maybe not an "elite of the elite" top 3 caliber QB but still a top 8 QB. He'd still be a franchise guy. So much of what the Ravens do is built off designed QB runs that I'm not sure how Lamar holds up as a passer. He's looked very good at times but I'm not sure he's still a franchise QB without running the ball.

Even with Allen I'm reluctant to go all in on a fully guaranteed deal the way I would Mahomes, Burrow or Herbert because the risk of an injury that effects his ability as a passer is there with his reckless style.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1)You can say that about any player
And all of Lamar's injuries occurred in the pocket

Would you not want Allen? He runs wayy more reckless than Lamar ever does.

1- No you can't because I'm only talking about QB's.

Rushing attempts for both QB's.

Lamar: 727 attempts in 70 games played, 61 starts

Josh: 546 attempts in 77 games, 76 starts

Lamar has run for 1,000 yards in a season twice. Allen had 700+ yards rushing twice. Lamar's career high in rushing attempts is 176 and he's ran the ball at least 110 times each season of his career. Allen's career high in attempts is 124.

Rushes per game. Lamar- 10.4 / Josh- 7.1

And again I am not a big fan of running QB's. So I don't want you to think I'm singling out Lamar. That's not my intention. I don't like it when Allen runs a lot either.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen gets the job done in the pocket. His running is an asset, but it's not what makes him a great QB.

LJ runs to open up the passing game. He is not a pocket passer. His ability to run the ball is more directly tied to his ability to be an effective QB.

These 2 guys are not the same.

I feel like you're basing that off of how he runs Roman's system

He HAS to run to open the pass because Roman's offenses have never been pass friendly
Definitely not as polished a passer as Allen, but I think he does well enough if put in a pass heavy offense

Reaally want Roman to go to see to see how he fares in a new system.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He HAS to run to open the pass because Roman's offenses have never been pass friendly
Definitely not as polished a passer as Allen, but I think he does well enough if put in a pass heavy offense

Does Roman throw the ball as well

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm basing that off watching him for years in the NFL, and at Louisville - he's a runner who plays QB - he's not a QB who sits in the pocket and makes throw after throw.

If he's a top 5-8 QB when healthy - if he ruins his knee - what is he? 20? 22?

Burrow blew his knee out - he's a top 5 QB. Allen blows his knee out, he can still be a top 5 QB. Mahomes same way.

It's not the system, it's the player. LJ just isn't a pure passer and his running is what opens things up. He's not going to sit back there and pick apart defenses and drop dimes between defenders....Could I be wrong? Sure - but to this point, I'm not tying a large contract on that bet.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter if a guy is labeled a "running" qb or not? As pointed out, Lamar's injuries have come mostly in the pocket. Regardless, he HAS been injured.... multiple times. At some point, whether he is a pocket passer or a running QB, he is injury prone and has missed important games. You can say the same thing about Jimmy G at this point - He's not a running QB, but he can't stay healthy.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does it really matter if a guy is labeled a "running" qb or not? As pointed out, Lamar's injuries have come mostly in the pocket. Regardless, he HAS been injured.... multiple times. At some point, whether he is a pocket passer or a running QB, he is injury prone and has missed important games. You can say the same thing about Jimmy G at this point - He's not a running QB, but he can't stay healthy.

To me the key difference is how it effects the player's future prospects. For all of Jimmy G's injuries he's essentially the same caliber QB he was a few years ago when completely healthy. That's after a torn ACL. If Lamar suffers a major injury will he be the same guy? He might be but that's why I wouldn't give him a fully guaranteed deal

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the medical breakthroughs they have had in sports medicine, I wouldn't be as worried about it. Lamar makes a team much better. If he is on the field, that team has a 3 out of 4 chance of potentially making it to the playoffs. To me, that juice is worth the squeeze, but no juice in the NFL is worth 100% guaranteed. It is too crippling to a franchise, which supports 53+ other guys, not just the one.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the key difference is how it effects the player's future prospects. For all of Jimmy G's injuries he's essentially the same caliber QB he was a few years ago when completely healthy. That's after a torn ACL. If Lamar suffers a major injury will he be the same guy? He might be but that's why I wouldn't give him a fully guaranteed deal
That's a good point.... I think Josh Allen could continue to progress as a passer and learn to avoid needless hits in the regular season as he gets older. The running is a good part of his game, but he has enough arm and pocket presence to still be great even without the running. And he could always dial it up in big moments.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

If you are a QB who uses his legs to open up the passing game - it matters. How you sustain the injury is really irrelevant to the prospects of a long-term contract.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Bucs firing Leftwich is Canada gone from Pittsburgh?
I Hope So Macaulay Culkin GIF by filmeditor

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals fans preparing for the divisional round, meanwhile the yinzers...

Congrats on the win @Cincyfan78 @cincygrad @CrashDavisSports @Ickey Shuffle
I find that many who complain about this have never even tried it.

I also try and tell people it's not really chili. When people think of Chili - they think of Texas style, meaty, hearty, and thick. What goes on Skyline is more like a sauce than a chili. It's technically a greek sauce that has its origins going way back even before Skyline was around. The original sauce is from Empress Chili, which was founded in 1922 and was also founded by Greek immigrants - the sauce/style was brought from there - and when the employee who cooked for Empress opened Skyline, he took that recipe and created his own version - and thus, history was born.

So - Whave have we learned:

A - most people who like to make snide comments haven't tried it.
B - It's not really a "chili".
C - If you don't like it, then you are a racist anti-immigration hater!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that many who complain about this have never even tried it.

I also try and tell people it's not really chili. When people think of Chili - they think of Texas style, meaty, hearty, and thick. What goes on Skyline is more like a sauce than a chili. It's technically a greek sauce that has its origins going way back even before Skyline was around. The original sauce is from Empress Chili, which was founded in 1922 and was also founded by Greek immigrants - the sauce/style was brought from there - and when the employee who cooked for Empress opened Skyline, he took that recipe and created his own version - and thus, history was born.

So - Whave have we learned:

A - most people who like to make snide comments haven't tried it.
B - It's not really a "chili".
C - If you don't like it, then you are a racist anti-immigration hater!
I guess Joe Brrrr is a racist

Well I can only speak for myself, but I've had it a few times. First time I was pretty drunk at PB Stadium back in 2011ish, had just emptied at least 8 beers worth of piss in a urinal, and was wandering around when I saw the Skyline cart. Said 'F-it' lets hit this grease bomb. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either. Decent drinking food, but holy sh!t did it wreck my intestines.

2nd time I was at a brewery/pub downtown in Cincy that served it. This place made it taste better. Probably because the ingredients were fresher lol.

I don't think its gross, but I do think its strangely overhyped/overrated for what it is. And I always warn people to be ready to hit the toilet because it comes out faster than it goes in.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Joe Brrrr is a racist

Well I can only speak for myself, but I've had it a few times. First time I was pretty drunk at PB Stadium back in 2011ish, had just emptied at least 8 beers worth of piss in a urinal, and was wandering around when I saw the Skyline cart. Said 'F-it' lets hit this grease bomb. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either. Decent drinking food, but holy sh!t did it wreck my intestines.

2nd time I was at a brewery/pub downtown in Cincy that served it. This place made it taste better. Probably because the ingredients were fresher lol.

I don't think its gross, but I do think its strangely overhyped/overrated for what it is. And I always warn people to be ready to hit the toilet because it comes out faster than it goes in.
The things you're willing to overlook when a guy is winning you games, eh? LOL

Fresh is way better - stadium food is ass unless it's just a hotdog on a crusty bun - Though, the Reds stadium does have a pretty solid assortment now of local restaurants inside - it's pretty impressive. Paul Brown, Paycore, whatever it's called now - not so much....

Like any "local" food - the locals will love it and defend it to the death - outsiders don't get it....but they have their own thing back home, too....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things you're willing to overlook when a guy is winning you games, eh? LOL

Fresh is way better - stadium food is ass unless it's just a hotdog on a crusty bun - Though, the Reds stadium does have a pretty solid assortment now of local restaurants inside - it's pretty impressive. Paul Brown, Paycore, whatever it's called now - not so much....

Like any "local" food - the locals will love it and defend it to the death - outsiders don't get it....but they have their own thing back home, too....
After moving back out west it took my family & friends a little while to accept my french fries & slaw on sandwiches. That & my never ending quest to find a Pierogies spot. Pot Stickers, although delicious in their own right, just don't cut it.