• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy of mine who is a Browns fan thinks the best thing the Browns could maybe do is trade Garrett for a massive haul and get their picks back, reallocate funds to more of the defense.
Browns currently near the bottom 1/3 in terms of yards per game, and currently 3rd to last in PPG given up...

MG is a great player, but the defense as a whole isn't working. I'd agree - save the cash, make a trade, get a high return - re-stock.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy of mine who is a Browns fan thinks the best thing the Browns could maybe do is trade Garrett for a massive haul and get their picks back, reallocate funds to more of the defense.
That guy is an idiot. I'm sorry. Garrett is already a HOF'r and he must not watch games. They have talent but injuries and Woods, the DC, is the problem. Sure they have some personnel issues on defense but coaching is the biggest hurdle. Woods needs to go this offseason...he always starts off the half of the season very poorly and then keeps his job for having a good 2nd half of the season. He needs to go, the players and coaches are not on the same page...Woods is extremely overrated. Garrett is untradeable, I could see if they were starting off and rebuilding but that's not the case.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns were desperate, sure, I will agree with that. They are QB hungry, to get over the top the guaranteed money did the trick.

Stupid? Is it stupid to secure your franchise QB when the guy is only 27 and the Browns core is ready to win NOW. The Browns have planned financially to pay a franchise QB but it's not easy to find one these days. They rarely hit the market, you have to trade for one and the other option is drafting one which is hard to do when average or fringe-playoff team. That is far from stupid. Sure, if he totally falls below expectations it will look stupid in the future but that isn't the case now. He definitely will have some rust and it will take time no doubt.

As far as the Ravens, they built their entire system around Lamar. They are playing hardball with Lamar and for good reason. He is a franchise QB and a gamechanger but in the biggest games in the playoffs his arm hurts them. It is very difficult to win a Super Bowl with a QB that isn't a pure passer or a dual threat guy. Lamar is just too inconsistent especially if facing playoff teams who have weeks to scheme for him and make him throw play after play. All that being said, I think they should pay him for the simple fact is who is their other option. If they had other options through trade, FA or the draft then I would consider but as of right now....they are stuck in a corner. The only question is now is how much money is Lamar getting and how much is guaranteed.
I understand the points, but yes...stupid is a word I'd use. They set an ultra-high precedent for players, specifically QB's, that nearly every other Franchise was not happy with. I get it that's no the Browns concern (other teams) but they were SO desperate that when they were told "no" the 1st time, they didn't even think through the process and guaranteed the contract. Yeah - not smart, IMO, so stupid.

Time will tell if it works out.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy is an idiot. I'm sorry. Garrett is already a HOF'r and he must not watch games. They have talent but injuries and Woods, the DC, is the problem. Sure they have some personnel issues on defense but coaching is the biggest hurdle. Woods needs to go this offseason...he always starts off the half of the season very poorly and then keeps his job for having a good 2nd half of the season. He needs to go, the players and coaches are not on the same page...Woods is extremely overrated. Garrett is untradeable, I could see if they were starting off and rebuilding but that's not the case.
He is the most die hard Browns fan I h ave ever met, and from my experience, most Browns fans are die hard. He thinks Woods is a problem too. He wanted to see Woods fired weeks ago. He is just more logical than most fans who think with their heart instead of their mind. Now granted, if the Browns had a solid defense and Garrett was just a piece to that, instead of the whole enchilada then I can see that being a terrible idea. But the DC and the overall unit is not great. Garrett can get you a haul almost what it cost you to get the molester. You also save massive amount of money on Garrett, can restock on defense and put those picks back to good use. You are one good FA WR to pair with Cooper, and a defense away from running over teams with your talent.

Watson/Chubb/Cooper/FA WR/Njoku/Your oline. That is a winning offense. Problem is, you now have a massive QB contract coming up, a real stud on defense, but seems to be one of your few players on defense. Defense is costing you games. Trade the stud defensive player, get those picks back, reallocate resources to all parts of that defense with your current cap situation and you could climb back into Superbowl contender quicker than not.

Don't get me wrong, Garrett is an absolute beast and he is what is making your defense even somewhat tolerable. But one player is not going to make your defense better. I would rather get all my defensive positions to slightly above league average before placing one stud on the line while having a bunch of clowns surrounding him. The player on your defense you have to keep is Ward. In this league, you need him desperately.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah but they catered it around Lamar. You say he needs another WR but he's had weapons in the past and they could not get the full-potential out him. The system works for Lamar, the problem is they have to cater a system around him to maximize his running game and team's strength bc Lamar isn't a great passer. Lamar isn't succeeding in a Mahomes' type of offensive scheme.

I'd argue Lamar catered to Roman's system - I don't think this is the only system he could play well in. He just got the most out of it in 2019.
Roman's offenses time and time again have never been good/dominant passing wise over the years - he's the only constant in these outcomes

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually get too caught up in Cleveland week - especially since they've had our number recently (Though I believe Burrow has missed at least 2 of those games)....but...

I hope this defense absolutely dog walks Watson this week. F that dude.

Summerslam 2002 Wrestling GIF by WWE

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually get too caught up in Cleveland week - especially since they've had our number recently (Though I believe Burrow has missed at least 2 of those games)....but...

I hope this defense absolutely dog walks Watson this week. F that dude.

Summerslam 2002 Wrestling GIF by WWE
Baker owned the Bengals. Lets hope Watson does the same but I am not confident about a good result. You will have to wait until next year for another ass beating :clap:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the Chiefs DB?
Reid. Talked crap, couldn't even get the name right - and then went out there and did exactly nothing.

Of course, this is a guy who allows a 75% completion rate to receivers in his defended area, and a 112QB rating when specifically targeted...me thinks he should keep his mouth closed...LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid. Talked crap, couldn't even get the name right - and then went out there and did exactly nothing.

Of course, this is a guy who allows a 75% completion rate to receivers in his defended area, and a 112QB rating when specifically targeted...me thinks he should keep his mouth closed...LOL
Shit players should not talk shit. At least have the ability to perform at a high level. Not a good look

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns should pick him up since he has recently owned the Bengals' defense....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3