• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD narrows it down to two teams

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Adrian Peterson could come back like he did, KD can easily come back and be fine.

I've also loosely heard rumors of KD to Brooklyn with Kyrie. Kyrie/KD in Brooklyn with AD in New York would be a wild change in climate for the city of NY. Go from having nothing to really a huge storyline with those two teams and rosters.

Knicks haven't been in negotiations with the Pels at all to date. Doesn't sound like they're going that direction, post Durant injury.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks haven't been in negotiations with the Pels at all to date. Doesn't sound like they're going that direction, post Durant injury.

The Knicks haven't made a move in decades so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't land a thing. Just keep the #3 and try to build around the core of Knox and Barrett. I can see them doing something stupid like signing Cousins to a max long-term deal.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Jeanie Buss not trading Kuzma is because she thinks he's cute or some shit like that. Damn sure isn't because he's good at baketball ( because he's not ). Lmao I'm dying.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really are just two options left for the Lakers. Since the Lakers have basically destroyed twice now ANY trust the young core is going to invest in the franchise going forward, throw Kuzma in and be done with it and basically start over letting LeBron continue to call the roster shots since according to Rondo, the locker room is a dumpster fire. Vogel is gullible enough to go along with it as long as they win.

Or, end the negotiations and tell the Pels they are asking way too much when other superstars have been moved less, wait for AD to become a FA in a year, call Paul and guarantee that the Lakers will sign AD in a year to a max contract, call in the young core and unequivocally tell them that they are the Lakers future, tell LeBron that he ain't running the show like Riley did in Miami, and get on with the draft and continue to build their future-winning roster.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure what you are seeing with that Knicks offer still...I haven't thought it was great from the start. Plus I heard Griffin said he doesn't want Knox. That leaves you will the number 3 pick and fillers---no real AS potential at least at this point. Griffin wants more than NY can offer, even if NY were to pull a 3rd team into the mix it would be difficult to offer what Griffin wants or more than LA has to offer.
Another thing to mention is if the Knicks were to get AD and KD stays in GS, Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and they strike out in FA...then you better believe AD will not be sticking around or it will be very tempting with that shit roster around him.

I think when it's all said and done LA will get AD. I was surprised it didn't happen sooner but lucky for LA Griffin is the GM now and he loves those Laker assets. I fully expect for LA to go for another big FA...BUT this won't be a Kawhi, KD, Kyrie, more like a Kemba, Jimmy.

Barrett has more upside than any young player on the Lakers roster.

Robinson has loads of upside too.

And let's be honest, even though Ingram has gotten a lot better, I don't think he projects as an allstar player. Neither does pick 4 or Lonzo.

And, every Laker piece being offered is closer to RFA than the Laker pieces. Ingram's trade value is significantly limited because of his impending RFA status next summer. There is a really good chance someone will be willing to pay him more than he is worth next summer

That last point matters a lot. More time before RFA provides more opportunity to evaluate the players and a longer window of cap flexibility to add FAs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Lakers really do want to divest themselves of players they view as being future trainwrecks from a number of perspectives including future contract salary costs. If that is the case, add Kuzma and get on with the deal this week-end.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole 'X player has more upside than Y player' argument is ridiculously flawed. Especially if X and/or Y player haven't played a minute of NBA ball yet.

Alex Len was meant to have a lot more upside than Giannis
Noah Vonleh was meant to have a lot more upside than Nikola Jokic
Jabari Parker and Okafor were meant to be superstars by now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And let's be honest, even though Ingram has gotten a lot better, I don't think he projects as an allstar player. Neither does pick 4 or Lonzo.

And, every Laker piece being offered is closer to RFA than the Laker pieces. Ingram's trade value is significantly limited because of his impending RFA status next summer. There is a really good chance someone will be willing to pay him more than he is worth next summer

That last point matters a lot. More time before RFA provides more opportunity to evaluate the players and a longer window of cap flexibility to add FAs.

But you are getting 3-4 Lakers YOUNG players PLUS the #4, that player could be just as good if not better than R.J. Yes RJ has possibly a higher ceiling but that is just it....possibly. It is an unknown. He could be a huge bust like Beasley

Still a good offer but not the best imo

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are getting 3-4 Lakers YOUNG players PLUS the #4, that player could be just as good if not better than R.J. Yes RJ has possibly a higher ceiling but that is just it....possibly. It is an unknown. He could be a huge bust like Beasley

Still a good offer but not the best imo

Robinson Knox 3 and the Dallas picks plus Dsj is better imo.

But no may not see it that way.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson Knox 3 and the Dallas picks plus Dsj is better imo.

But no may not see it that way.

Probably. But who are you going to surround AD with? Now that the Knicks traded away their top 3 players and their #3 pick

Durant is out for at least half the season, probably more and Kyrie seems to be going to Brooklyn.

Is that something NY is willing to risk?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is correct but I heard this was the Pelicans counter-offer...

Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, #4 and unprotected future 1st

No Ingram? :scratch: can't be right

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did Kyrie indicate he's turning down his option (as expected), he's changing his representation to JayZ's firm. Kyrie is going to NYC, can't get much clearer IMO.
Yeah... I held out hope on Kyrie... not that he would definitely resign or anything like that, just that we didn't know with any degree of certainty what his loony arse was gonna do...

... but I agree that his changing of agents is a definite and unmistakable sign... he is Brooklyn bound.

I'll choose to focus on the positives of this eventuality. ;)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I held out hope on Kyrie... not that he would definitely resign or anything like that, just that we didn't know with any degree of certainty what his loony arse was gonna do...

... but I agree that his changing of agents is a definite and unmistakable sign... he is Brooklyn bound.

The positive is not giving 5 years to his knees.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

while the Cavs end up better from the trade I still cannot blame the Cs for making it. Was known Kyrie was a malcontent and a loon, but not sure they could have known it was this bad.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is correct but I heard this was the Pelicans counter-offer...

Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, #4 and unprotected future 1st

No Ingram? :scratch: can't be right

If that's the case the Lakers need to accept ASAP. No if's and's or but's

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole 'X player has more upside than Y player' argument is ridiculously flawed. Especially if X and/or Y player haven't played a minute of NBA ball yet.

Alex Len was meant to have a lot more upside than Giannis
Noah Vonleh was meant to have a lot more upside than Nikola Jokic
Jabari Parker and Okafor were meant to be superstars by now.

No. It does matter.

Because we are talking about their trade value right now.