• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD narrows it down to two teams

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are getting 3-4 Lakers YOUNG players PLUS the #4, that player could be just as good if not better than R.J. Yes RJ has possibly a higher ceiling but that is just it....possibly. It is an unknown. He could be a huge bust like Beasley

Still a good offer but not the best imo

Knicks offer gives the Pelicans more time to build their core.

That is highly valuable.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that’s really it. It’s hard to come back from losing stars like him for nothing
I agree with you generally and in principle... I defended Kyrie during his time here in Boston more often than not on the rationale that being a star is a trump card.

That being said: Kyrie is a definite negative when it comes to intangibles such as personality and leadership. So it's multiple things: the injury risk and the negativity he brings with him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case the Lakers need to accept ASAP. No if's and's or but's

Every source has a different offer ffs.

Pretty sure the offer was Ingram, Ball and #4. Might be future 1st and Hart added as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In which case the only value is the pick itself, not the player.

In this case,

RJ Barrett seems to be universally considered the #3 pick and the player both NO and NY would almost surely select at that spot.

The 4 pick is much different because there are a number of possibilities there. NO is much less likely to agree with LA on who should be selected at 4.

In other words, the 4 pick loses some potential value as soon as it is used. The 3 pick doesn't unless a player other than Barrett (or Morant) is selected there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a good point......but teams wont always have the same opinion about a player.

Right.

SO if NO values Barrett highly, they will probably prefer a Knicks package centered around him.

If they don't love Barrett, then they probably don't. Because Barrett is the clear headliner of that package.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case the Lakers need to accept ASAP. No if's and's or but's

Interesting.

Ingram is the better player and he has more long term upside than Kuzma.

But, like I said, he is also making a lot less money and he is on that rookie deal for 1 more year.

Which is why I am sure the Lakers would prefer to keep Kuzma over keeping Ingram if given the choice.

Also why I doubt the Lakers complete this deal without Kuzma in it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

SO if NO values Barrett highly, they will probably prefer a Knicks package centered around him.

If they don't love Barrett, then they probably don't. Because Barrett is the clear headliner of that package.

Knicks aren't in discussions for a trade though. At least not that we've heard of yet

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Ingram is the better player and he has more long term upside than Kuzma.

But, like I said, he is also making a lot less money and he is on that rookie deal for 1 more year.

Which is why I am sure the Lakers would prefer to keep Kuzma over keeping Ingram if given the choice.

Also why I doubt the Lakers complete this deal without Kuzma in it.

Personally i'd much rather keep Kuzma, but the deal should definitely be done if Ingram isn't part of the package either

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally i'd much rather keep Kuzma, but the deal should definitely be done if Ingram isn't part of the package either

The only Hangup is that I think Ingram's contract might prevent them from signing another max deal.

If I am wrong about that, then I agree.

Of course, they could always trade Ingram in a seperate deal later if they need to create cap space.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point, Griffen has jacked this thing up so badly that no one is going to want to do any deal with the Pels. Just take the original offer, let the Lakers retain Kuzma, and move AD to the Lakers. Good grief.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Hangup is that I think Ingram's contract might prevent them from signing another max deal.

If I am wrong about that, then I agree.

Of course, they could always trade Ingram in a seperate deal later if they need to create cap space.

If Ingram is as good as you all seem to think he is (metrics be damned I guess), then he should be easy to move

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this article on the NBA homepage, the original deal, (that is Ingram, Ball, and the Number Four Draft pick in this year's draft) will get an agreement in principle contingent on what that said #4 can fetch. Griffen wants a player that can excite NO fans. Geez, just a minute ago the dumb bastard wanted Kuzma thrown in or else. Now he is letting the Lakers keep Kuzma if the Lakers can draft a player Griffen likes. WTH?

Report: Lakers, Celtics each talking Anthony Davis deal with Pelicans | NBA.com

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ingram is as good as you all seem to think he is (metrics be damned I guess), then he should be easy to move

I don't think you have read my posts.

He is easily movable for sure.

But he is not an elite trade asset.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this article on the NBA homepage, the original deal, (that is Ingram, Ball, and the Number Four Draft pick in this year's draft) will get an agreement in principle contingent on what that said #4 can fetch. Griffen wants a player that can excite NO fans. Geez, just a minute ago the dumb bastard wanted Kuzma thrown in or else. Now he is letting the Lakers keep Kuzma if the Lakers can draft a player Griffen likes. WTH?

Report: Lakers, Celtics each talking Anthony Davis deal with Pelicans | NBA.com

Who really knows what he wants. Every link has a different offer.

I mean I have heard he loves Ingram and Ball, heard that from a lot of sources. Now he wants Kuzma? Kuzma to replace Ingram or just Kuzma as another player. I guess we will find out soon, I think it's just to the point where they are sorting out the details and it will probably happen this weekend or early next week just in time for the draft

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you tlance but Griffen has a major stiffy for Ingram but wait, that may change in the next hour. I find it interesting that nobody is worried about injuries on either side. AD does have his injury history and what if Ingram's vein thrombosis condition returns. Then all this BS is really moot because both players will be sitting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you tlance but Griffen has a major stiffy for Ingram but wait, that may change in the next hour. I find it interesting that nobody is worried about injuries on either side. AD does have his injury history and what if Ingram's vein thrombosis condition returns. Then all this BS is really moot because both players will be sitting.

“My sense from the Pelicans side is that it’s more so about the weight of the number of assets. I think Lonzo Ball is a pretty key part of this. I think he’s the most important in this deal.”

I'm hearing BALL is the most important piece of this deal, heard he loves the idea of Ball and Holiday. Ball is the key, Lavar Ball is another key lol.

I also heard Griffin wants draft rights to LaMelo exclusively. He loves the idea of pairing two Balls.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you have read my posts.

He is easily movable for sure.

But he is not an elite trade asset.

I’ve been told he’s on par with Tatum or anyone else the knicks or Celtics can offer.