• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD narrows it down to two teams

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

The Lakers package doesn't give him an all star either.

None of the offers do, but he likely makes his choice from what is offered, as the offers won't improve as his leverage disappears. However, that deal that I suggested with the Hawks as the third team could open up cap space to add a max player (which is like adding an all-star, only better).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Celtics could have traded Brown and fillers for Kawhi around the time he got traded to the Raptors lolzz If they didn't do that trade no way they give up Tatum

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Celtics could have traded Brown and fillers for Kawhi around the time he got traded to the Raptors lolzz If they didn't do that trade no way they give up Tatum

Agree.

Celtics have missed out on a lot of opportunity.

George, Kawhi, and more.

I thought Boston and Philly both should have aggressively gone after Kawhi.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

George, Kawhi, and more.

this was brought up on BSpn yesterday. they speculated a lotta teams were shy of the "one year rental" thing, and expect that that won't be as much of an obstacle this season and going forward...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

George, Kawhi, and more.

Kyrie
Tatum
Kawhi
Hayward
Horford

That team would be NBA champions right now. Ainge has made a lot of smart moves to get the Celtics to this point but he has also made some terrible moves that could have propelled this team to a possible title. I just don't know how you turn down an offer for Kawhi. Of course it was a possible one year rental but it's Jaylen Brown cmon.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie
Tatum
Kawhi
Hayward
Horford

That team would be NBA champions right now. Ainge has made a lot of smart moves to get the Celtics to this point but he has also made some terrible moves that could have propelled this team to a possible title. I just don't know how you turn down an offer for Kawhi. Of course it was a possible one year rental but it's Jaylen Brown cmon.

And, might they still have ammunition to go get Anthony Davis?

Not impossible depending on what the Kawhi filler was.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was brought up on BSpn yesterday. they speculated a lotta teams were shy of the "one year rental" thing, and expect that that won't be as much of an obstacle this season and going forward...

This will be virtually the same situation with AD than it was with Kawhi. One year filler, if they didn't pull the trigger on Kawhi, why would they on AD. I think all this noise about the C's is just to get more from the Lakers. I would be shocked if Ainge gave up Tatum for Kawhi, especially hearing about that possible Kawhi deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, might they still have ammunition to go get Anthony Davis?

Not impossible depending on what the Kawhi filler was.

Could have traded Brown for Kawhi and then possible get AD for Tatum. Kyrie would stay, he would be stupid not to. A possible trio of Kyrie, Kawhi and AD...wow

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to do in the aftermath of how things played out with Kawhi this year, but let's not forget how shady that last year in San Antonio was between the Spurs and Kawhi.

From the outside looking in... it certainly looked like Kawhi was healthy enough to play at some point but refused to play.

That's a huge red flag. Typically, anyway.

So being reluctant to go after Kawhi wasn't a decision based solely on basketball talent.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be virtually the same situation with AD than it was with Kawhi. One year filler, if they didn't pull the trigger on Kawhi, why would they on AD. I think all this noise about the C's is just to get more from the Lakers. I would be shocked if Ainge gave up Tatum for Kawhi, especially hearing about that possible Kawhi deal.

and let's face facts. BSpn is definitely "Lakers friendly", and I fully admit that as a Lakers fan...

still, I have it about 50-50 as far as where AD will land between the C's and the Lakers. we'll just have to see...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to do in the aftermath of how things played out with Kawhi this year, but let's not forget how shady that last year in San Antonio was between the Spurs and Kawhi.

From the outside looking in... it certainly looked like Kawhi was healthy enough to play at some point but refused to play.

So being reluctant to go after Kawhi wasn't a decision based solely on basketball talent.

True but you have to think GM's and teams know more than us. Teams might have known more about his injury for example, who knows. Still...Brown and fillers for Kawhi. You pull the trigger 100 out of 100 times.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Because you had the most "closed mouth" star in the league and the most "closed mouth" team in the league, it was hard to make an educated decision on Kawhi.

It made sense for the Raptors because they were looking at having to rebuild anyway.

The Celtics weren't in that position, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to give up what it would have cost them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and let's face facts. BSpn is definitely "Lakers friendly", and I fully admit that as a Lakers fan...

still, I have it about 50-50 as far as where AD will land between the C's and the Lakers. we'll just have to see...

I think it's closer to 90-10 in favor of the Lakers. Ainge is bluffing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The basketball world clearly gave way too much credit to the Spurs front office.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it ain't like I don't hope you're right, but I ain't buying until I actually see it...

I just want it over with one way or the other. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be until next summer (with AD's FA). I think LA is LOCKED on AD. If the trade doesn't happen, look for more 1 year deals to hold cap space (unless they get lucky with Kawhi).

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want it over with one way or the other. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be until next summer (with AD's FA). I think LA is LOCKED on AD. If the trade doesn't happen, look for more 1 year deals to hold cap space (unless they get lucky with Kawhi).

and another year of our detractors saying "nobody wants to play for the Lakers"...:rolleyes2: