• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD narrows it down to two teams

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been told he’s on par with Tatum or anyone else the knicks or Celtics can offer.
In fairness, that's the position of a cadre of Lakers fans in here... I haven't seen @tlance go so far.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, that's the position of a cadre of Lakers fans in here... I haven't seen @tlance go so far.

Oh no def not t.

I thought my sarcasm was implied

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you have read my posts.

He is easily movable for sure.

But he is not an elite trade asset.

I’m sure many teams would take a flier.

But they’d also take a flier on Dennis Smith.

Frankly if Kyrie is gone I’d be down for Boston to take a shot at him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum > Anyone not named Lebron on the Lakers roster

ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Pelicans and Celtics are involved in a stare-down, and he thinks the Los Angeles Lakers are being used to drive up the price for his star. “I think it’s a good sign that David Griffin is shopping the number four pick. That at least means he’s open to a deal with the Lakers,” Windhorst said. “But I think all of this is a maneuver to draw as much as he possibly can out of the Celtics.”

Brian Windhorst: “They’ve preferred a deal with the Celtics since Dell Demps was the GM. The Lakers offers haven’t changed that much… if he wanted to make the Lakers deal, and if he really wanted the draft pick, he would have already made the Lakers deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure many teams would take a flier.

But they’d also take a flier on Dennis Smith.

Frankly if Kyrie is gone I’d be down for Boston to take a shot at him.

I think Ingram is better than that.

If he were going into his 3rd year like Smith, he would have significantly more trade value.

His issue is that he will be RFA next summer and the team acquiring him will have a really tough decision.

Even DLo, who is an all star becomes an expendable piece who walks away if Brooklyn decides to sign Kyrie and another max player.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ingram is better than that.

If he were going into his 3rd year like Smith, he would have significantly more trade value.

His issue is that he will be RFA next summer and the team acquiring him will have a really tough decision.

Even DLo, who is an all star becomes an expendable piece who walks away if Brooklyn decides to sign Kyrie and another max player.

I think that’s who la gets in fa

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is correct but I heard this was the Pelicans counter-offer...

Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, #4 and unprotected future 1st

No Ingram? :scratch: can't be right

If that's real...the Lakers need to say yes immediately.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's real...the Lakers need to say yes immediately.

I like Kuzma - I like his effort, his growth - but ultimately - getting to keep either Ingram or Kuzma is a huge win that I wouldn't pass on and honestly - Ingram is better than Kuzma and better developed - Ingram - LeBron - Davis even without that other max contract player would make me happy as a fan - I would get to see more games without cussing out the TV

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Jeanie Buss not trading Kuzma is because she thinks he's cute or some shit like that. Damn sure isn't because he's good at baketball ( because he's not ). Lmao I'm dying.

Stop. You're making Syracuse fans look foolish.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans make counteroffer to Lakers in Anthony Davis talks

I would take this trade - I like Kuzma - but getting to keep the more developed Ingram with Davis and LeBron with room for a max contract is too good to pass up.

As would I. That would not leave room for a max contract however; the Lakers would only have around $27M left. If they do the other suggested trade (Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, but keep the 4th), they would have almost exactly the $32.7M needed for a max contract.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett has more upside than any young player on the Lakers roster.

Robinson has loads of upside too.

And let's be honest, even though Ingram has gotten a lot better, I don't think he projects as an allstar player. Neither does pick 4 or Lonzo.

And, every Laker piece being offered is closer to RFA than the Laker pieces. Ingram's trade value is significantly limited because of his impending RFA status next summer. There is a really good chance someone will be willing to pay him more than he is worth next summer

That last point matters a lot. More time before RFA provides more opportunity to evaluate the players and a longer window of cap flexibility to add FAs.

This is a lot of hyperbole. The #4 doesn't project as an all-star? That's a draft position, not a player. Do you honestly think there won't be an all-star player in this draft beyond the top 3? Or that Barrett, whom some believe topped out in high school, is a lock for all-star status? Robinson has loads of upside? Sure, compared to being a 2nd round pick, but all-star? That's a stretch.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I would rather have 4 than 8 and 10.

You're missing the $13M in new cap space for the Pels by dumping Hill's contract, which would open more than max contract cap space.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett has more upside than any young player on the Lakers roster.

Robinson has loads of upside too.

And let's be honest, even though Ingram has gotten a lot better, I don't think he projects as an allstar player. Neither does pick 4 or Lonzo.

And, every Laker piece being offered is closer to RFA than the Laker pieces. Ingram's trade value is significantly limited because of his impending RFA status next summer. There is a really good chance someone will be willing to pay him more than he is worth next summer

That last point matters a lot. More time before RFA provides more opportunity to evaluate the players and a longer window of cap flexibility to add FAs.

Regardless, there has been no Knicks offer, and the Pels were less interested in the Knicks pieces than anyone elses that inquired.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks offer gives the Pelicans more time to build their core.

That is highly valuable.

The whole chase for an all-star to be included is because Griffin DOESN'T want to rebuild, but reload instead. Long term development is not what he's looking for apparently.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I held out hope on Kyrie... not that he would definitely resign or anything like that, just that we didn't know with any degree of certainty what his loony arse was gonna do...

... but I agree that his changing of agents is a definite and unmistakable sign... he is Brooklyn bound.

I'll choose to focus on the positives of this eventuality. ;)

...and there are many, especially since his fit with the Celtics wasn't ideal. This will make it easier to keep Rozier and likely ends the AD chase, which keeps all the kids together in addition to the picks that can further bolster the roster. Could always move Hayward, but he should be better this year than last, so who knows?

There are times when I wish that AD wasn't an option for the Lakers so that they could continue to build around the kids as well, but it seems it is destined, whether this summer via trade or next summer via FA (or S&T).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a lot of hyperbole. The #4 doesn't project as an all-star? That's a draft position, not a player. Do you honestly think there won't be an all-star player in this draft beyond the top 3? Or that Barrett, whom some believe topped out in high school, is a lock for all-star status? Robinson has loads of upside? Sure, compared to being a 2nd round pick, but all-star? That's a stretch.

I totally do.

But who?

The point is we are discussing trade value. What the players actually accomplish is meaningless to their trade value today. We don't know what will happen, we only have projections that serve as the basis for the value of each rookie.

A lot of people think Barrett has star potential. At the same time, if you ask all 30 teams who they would take at 4 given that Barrett, Zion and Morant will be gone, you would probably get at least 5 or 6 different answers.

That is the point.

The value of the 4 pick is more valuable than the player the Lakers decide to chose at 4. Because other teams will evaluate that spot differently and they would surely want the choice for themselves.

That isn't the case for Barrett. Because no matter who holds that pick, Barrett would almost surely be the guy they take. There is a big gap between the top 3 and the rest of the class in terms of projected talent. Also a gap between the players inside the top 3.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole chase for an all-star to be included is because Griffin DOESN'T want to rebuild, but reload instead. Long term development is not what he's looking for apparently.

Ok.

The Lakers package doesn't give him an all star either.