• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD narrows it down to two teams

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Lakers are sticking to their demand that Kuzma stays. AD is the lynch pin here. He and Rich Paul have let it be known that AD is not going to play (sign any contract) for the Celtics no matter what they offer. What is going on is Griffen is using the Celtics as leverage to get the Lakers to fold and include just about anything he and the Pels want if they can get that ploy to work through the court of public opinion.

The Lakers are not buying it and it looks as though the deal is contingent on what or whom the Lakers select next Thursday. And I am quite sure that the deal has been consummated in principle with the Lakers receiving Griffen's marching orders for whom to select, if available.

The deal will probably be done by the end of June and AD will be a Laker. Thus, the Reggie Miller admission and the odds makers' BS. Gone will be Ball, Ingram, AND whomever the Lakers, in conjunction with Griffen's request, select next Thursday with the fourth pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game of using the Celtics to leverage the Lakers to get just about anything Griffen wants is done. This was put to rest yesterday when Paul and AD basically stated they ain't going to Boston. Period. Everyone is onto this BS and the Lakers are sticking to this original deal of Ball, Ingram, and the fourth pick selection in this year's draft. Anything else is just hyperbole bullshit.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game of using the Celtics to leverage the Lakers to get just about anything Griffen wants is done. This was put to rest yesterday when Paul and AD basically stated they ain't going to Boston. Period. Everyone is onto this BS and the Lakers are sticking to this original deal of Ball, Ingram, and the fourth pick selection in this year's draft. Anything else is just hyperbole bullshit.

interesting...

this come from espn or what...?

just wondering where you heard all o' this...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As would I. That would not leave room for a max contract however; the Lakers would only have around $27M left. If they do the other suggested trade (Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, but keep the 4th), they would have almost exactly the $32.7M needed for a max contract.
I think that's close enough, but financially more room to trade Ingram.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can see the source over on the Lakers thread, CL67. I believe it was ESPN but I could be mistaken.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post 265 by TJF12 on the 2019 Off-Season thread on the Lakers board, CL67. It was the Dan Patrick Show I believe.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could get kawhi to come back on a 1 and 1 the Toronto Offer could get Really interesting.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get rich Paul is good friends with Lebron but is LA really a good move for AD? At some point Lebron isn’t going to be the Lebron we’ve seen the last decade plus. How many guys keep their athleticism on the back end of their 30s? And when Lebron declines it’s going to be fast IMO. His gm is his athleticism. Add that with the fact that Lebron turns big men into jump shooters because he likes to clear the lane and create.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get rich Paul is good friends with Lebron but is LA really a good move for AD? At some point Lebron isn’t going to be the Lebron we’ve seen the last decade plus. How many guys keep their athleticism on the back end of their 30s? And when Lebron declines it’s going to be fast IMO. His gm is his athleticism. Add that with the fact that Lebron turns big men into jump shooters because he likes to clear the lane and create.

Getting an elite star like him let’s Lebron not carry such a heavy load.

And if they move enough salary they could get another max salary player

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of the point of getting another star is because of Lebron's age. A younger star like AD, does 2 things. He helps in the immediate future with Lebron. It also gives the Lakers a player who will, hopefully, attract other top players.