• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD narrows it down to two teams

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is that leverage? That they'll hold onto AD until the deadline and get even less for him? Or are you talking the Celtics facade?

The leverage is in 3 areas, imo.

1. Ainge is apparently undeterred by what Rich Paul said. If he truly is undeterred, he may be willing to include Tatum, which would make the Celtics offer tough to beat. Without Tatum, the Lakers have the better offer. With Tatum, it's damn near a coin flip and would be determined by whether Griffin likes Tatum or Ingram better. Based on their health so far, Griffin may decide he likes Tatum better.

2. The Lakers HAVE to get something done. The season fell apart on them last year and the FO has, at best, looked inexperienced and at worst, incompetent. Because of that, no top tier FA's seem to be interested in being Lakers. If they manage to pull off the trade, the roster looks more appealing to FA's and the Lakers FO looks a lot more like they might have some idea as to what the hell they're doing.

3. The longer this drags out, the more teams other than the Lakers will be emboldened to throw their hat into the ring, even if they know for certain that it's only a 1 year rental.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the situation the Lakers are in and that AD is a once a decade type player...I'm not sure there is such thing as an overpay.

Right, if they lose Kuzma, Ingram AND Ball...you are getting AD paired up with Lebron. You automatically go from possibly making the playoffs to possibly the best duo in the NBA...and that is before making more FA moves or possibly getting another star/AS type of player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram isn’t even as good as brown. And I don’t even like brown.

Brown could be an AS type of player eventually but more of a role player at this point. No way he is close to Ingram right now. Ingram can be a 20+ ppg scorer....I really don't see that in Brown's future honestly. He is a pesky defender and I like his energy.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is just pushing for as much as he can get. That's also the only reason Ainge is still in the mix; prop-up competition to try to force the Lakers to overpay.
I think the best offer the Pelicans got was back in February - The offer clearly is not going to be quite as good and I'd like to keep Kuzma. Lonzo Ball - not that great any way in my opinion and Ingram is going to be a good player, but nothing to indicate he would be as good as Davis

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wanna see Denver make that move.

That's my favorite.

I thought Portland should've put up CJ for Kawhi. They might be in the finals now.

It would be a bold move for the Nuggets and that deal would probably do the most to make the Pelicans good immediately. Not as much of a chance to get the home run player though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, if they lose Kuzma, Ingram AND Ball...you are getting AD paired up with Lebron. You automatically go from possibly making the playoffs to possibly the best duo in the NBA...and that is before making more FA moves or possibly getting another star/AS type of player.

If I could keep Kuzma - then I would, but if keeping him is a deal breaker, sadly - I let him go.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best offer the Pelicans got was back in February - The offer clearly is not going to be quite as good and I'd like to keep Kuzma. Lonzo Ball - not that great any way in my opinion and Ingram is going to be a good player, but nothing to indicate he would be as good as Davis

The Lakers are allegedly willing to deal everyone except Kuzma right now. And if the Pels told them that the deal was done if they threw in Kuzma, the Lakers probably throw Kuzma in as well.

So the Lakers offer really hasn't changed since April.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are an also ran unless they can bring in a few more top flight players. Not necessarily max level players. But starters.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are allegedly willing to deal everyone except Kuzma right now. And if the Pels told them that the deal was done if they threw in Kuzma, the Lakers probably throw Kuzma in as well.

Exactly. The only reason they aren't including Kuzma now is because this is a real negotiation as opposed to whatever the hell that was at the deadline.

I love Kuzma...but as a Lakers fan, I'd be pissed if they didn't get an AD trade done because they wouldn't give him up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are an also ran unless they can bring in a few more top flight players. Not necessarily max level players. But starters.

That, or they'd need to get another star level player and filler (particularly shooters).

I'm not talking about getting a superstar level player like Kawhi. But they could contend with say...Lebron, AD, Kemba or Butler and some shooters. Especially if they can bring in solid vet min. type guys.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Kuzma - I really do - but he is expendable for Davis - That's the bottom line. With Anthony Davis and LeBron James - there is a third slot for a maximum contract player and almost guaranteed that the Lakers would get what they want. The nicest part about that is getting to shut the mouths of the biggest asswipes in here called Wamu and Wiggy

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the situation the Lakers are in and that AD is a once a decade type player...I'm not sure there is such thing as an overpay.

There is when there is no other trade partner. This Celtics nonsense is just that; nonsense. Sure, if the Lakers bowed out the Celtics would be quick to underpay with their Brown/picks offer for the rental risk, but otherwise they aren't going to complete.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, or they'd need to get another star level player and filler (particularly shooters).

I'm not talking about getting a superstar level player like Kawhi. But they could contend with say...Lebron, AD, Kemba or Butler and some shooters. Especially if they can bring in solid vet min. type guys.
If the Lakers gives up Ball and Ingram for Davis, they still have the spot for a maximum contract and suddenly Leonard must might decide he still wants the Lakers - I personally think that ship has sailed, but there will be others interested like Irving - Durant - not so much any more

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a bold move for the Nuggets and that deal would probably do the most to make the Pelicans good immediately. Not as much of a chance to get the home run player though.

Porter is the hr swing in that deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The only reason they aren't including Kuzma now is because this is a real negotiation as opposed to whatever the hell that was at the deadline.

I love Kuzma...but as a Lakers fan, I'd be pissed if they didn't get an AD trade done because they wouldn't give him up.

It's posturing, plain and simple, on both sides. Pels could take a lowball Celtics offer, which makes the Lakers priorities change and work towards cap space next summer for AD if they want.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks get Durant, Kyrie and AD?

Oh I'd love it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter is the hr swing in that deal.

Nuggets are doing no such thing for a rental. There are only 2 teams in play with the Pelicans wanting the trade done before the draft. If they were interested, they would already be in play.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks get Durant, Kyrie and AD?

Oh I'd love it.

Except they may only get hobbled KD...Kyrie headed to Brooklyn to play with DLo apparently, and the Pels don't like the Knicks' trade pieces.