• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AB Holdout?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talk about a potential bad situation, and shit that this team DEFINITELY DOES NOT NEED right now... I'm hoping that this is just pure smoke because AB still has 2 seasons left on his contract. And the workouts that started this week are VOLUNTARY. Steelers that "hold out" tend to destroy their careers… I didn’t see this coming from Antonio. Makes me disappointed if this is true. I hope the Steelers or AB release some sort of statement soon.

Don't get me wrong, AB deserves more money! But this is bad timing. Ben just got paid, and they are wanting to extend Heyward next. They could probably extend AB as well, but that would mean putting players like DeCastro & Beachum on the backburner.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talk about a potential bad situation, and shit that this team DEFINITELY DOES NOT NEED right now... I'm hoping that this is just pure smoke because AB still has 2 seasons left on his contract. And the workouts that started this week are VOLUNTARY. Steelers that "hold out" tend to destroy their careers… I didn’t see this coming from Antonio. Makes me disappointed if this is true. I hope the Steelers or AB release some sort of statement soon.

Don't get me wrong, AB deserves more money! But this is bad timing. Ben just got paid, and they are wanting to extend Heyward next. They could probably extend AB as well, but that would mean putting players like DeCastro & Beachum on the backburner.

Dude.... this would suck on many levels!!!
Fuck this what have you done for me lately shit.... if he was anywhere but The Burgh his numbers wouldn't be half of what they are!!!
These friggin younger generation kids.... greedy little fuckers!!!!

Get your ass to camp, then negotiate, fuck this hold out shit, you signed the contract!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.... this would suck on many levels!!!
Fuck this what have you done for me lately shit.... if he was anywhere but The Burgh his numbers wouldn't be half of what they are!!!
These friggin younger generation kids.... greedy little fuckers!!!!

Get your ass to camp, then negotiate, fuck this hold out shit, you signed the contract!!!!
I feel ya Psych... But lets reserve judgement until more info surfaces. I won't believe anything until Steelers PR releases something. Keep a close eye on Burt Lauten, Bob Labriola, or Ed Bouchette today. They'll be the first to let us know before reports start to surface.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I hear ya......

Been running some of my sources to shit....

But always listen to Labriola and Bouchette.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I hear ya......

Been running some of my sources to shit....

But always listen to Labriola and Bouchette.
Me too. I used to make the mistake of reading ESPN or NFL's media circus... Rapaport can suck a fat one.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think its a little early........brown is very hard worker, i just dont see him holding out, steelers with the exception of ward, have not given in to holdouts, so he may get some more cash, but dont see it being tons more, he only 1/3 of the way through his contract.......

dude got paid when when he was still kinda unproven, now he goes off........he could of declined the contract and bet on himself but he didnt, he signed long term for financial stability, i dont blame him, and dont blame him for trying for more, but ..........i see him getting a little pay bump.......then thats it........

but if it drags, and the steelers go WR early......something is brewing

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't go knee-jerk on this...I can't blame AB for wanting more cash, but his deal is what it is and he/his agent know that PIT doesn't get forced into tearing up deals...if he's smart gets to mandatory OTAs plays well again this year, and I can see the Steelers extending him for his last deal.

He's young enough to get one more big contract...probably a 3 yr 28 mil type deal with a good chunk guaranteed...but he will quickly find out that the Rooneys won't be bullied by any player.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think its a little early........brown is very hard worker, i just dont see him holding out, steelers with the exception of ward, have not given in to holdouts, so he may get some more cash, but dont see it being tons more, he only 1/3 of the way through his contract.......

dude got paid when when he was still kinda unproven, now he goes off........he could of declined the contract and bet on himself but he didnt, he signed long term for financial stability, i dont blame him, and dont blame him for trying for more, but ..........i see him getting a little pay bump.......then thats it........

but if it drags, and the steelers go WR early......something is brewing

Ward's was a such a big case of outperforming your contract that the Steelers realized the smart thing to do was reward him at that time.

Doubtful they will cave on this one...as you said, it was a deal based on potential...basically Wallace's contract re-packaged. It was more than fairmarket and it's not terrible today.

Overall, I'm not too worried about this.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes it seem a little more serious... But I'm still not buyin completely.

Regardless. PIT has the money.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if they have the money. He signed a deal, he has 3 years left. This isn't the time to renegotiate it.

AB signed a huge deal after only having TWO TD's on his resume. He got the FA contract that was offered to Wallace first. He got financial security at the expense of maximizing his contract later.
Now he wants it both ways? That's not how this works. He's already restructured twice to put millions of dollars into guaranteed, immediate bonus. Just last year he pushed over $5 million into bonus.

Doesn't matter if they have the money. This is a precedent setting situation. Can't let guys with many years on their deals think the Brinks truck doors are now open. That's what bad teams do.

You want to tack some extra years on the end of this deal? Sure go ahead and negotiate that. There can be no new deal that overwrites the 3 years he already has. That's just the wrong response.

Especially with the Steelers history of being able to jettison starting WR's and replacing them like nothing happened. Steelers draft well, and Ben makes WR's rich.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers traded Santonio Holmes, a guy who was a year removed from Superbowl MVP, and just posted a career year for himself, for a 5th round pick.

Could surely get a 1st for Brown. How well does he think he'll perform in KC or Oakland?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if they have the money. He signed a deal, he has 3 years left. This isn't the time to renegotiate it.

AB signed a huge deal after only having TWO TD's on his resume. He got the FA contract that was offered to Wallace first. He got financial security at the expense of maximizing his contract later.
Now he wants it both ways? That's not how this works. He's already restructured twice to put millions of dollars into guaranteed, immediate bonus. Just last year he pushed over $5 million into bonus.

Doesn't matter if they have the money. This is a precedent setting situation. Can't let guys with many years on their deals think the Brinks truck doors are now open. That's what bad teams do.

You want to tack some extra years on the end of this deal? Sure go ahead and negotiate that. There can be no new deal that overwrites the 3 years he already has. That's just the wrong response.

Especially with the Steelers history of being able to jettison starting WR's and replacing them like nothing happened. Steelers draft well, and Ben makes WR's rich.
I completely agree. I think AB understands that and he'll play another year or so on his current deal. But he is planting the seed so that the FO knows he wants to restructure. They will extend his contract and tack on a signing bonus to raise his pay for the years left on his contract. But I still think they are going to make him play out at least one more year. If he holds out of mandatory OTA's or TC, then he's flirting with disaster. The Rooneys don't let players run the negotiating. Like I said before, Hines was a rare case where the feeling was mutual & he was already underpaid. AB got paid, and he should accept that fact. They already have plans of signing Heyward, DeCastro & Beachum to long term deals.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make very good points and all true...he has a back end loaded deal so he's hasn't really cashed much of it yet. 2012,2013,2014...he's out performed his cap hit every year of the new deal. Now...he's 26 and he's got 3 years left, and this is when the big money is getting ready to kick in, but only $9 mil or so is guaranteed.

If it were me...I'd take hit cap hit figure for '15 & '16 and guarantee it...and I'd make '17 a June 1 roster bonus...so yes, I would tweak this deal, just wouldn't pay him anymore than what his contract has on it. Anything added on to the end would be hard for me to guarantee.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by some dumb chance AB holds out, I think in the long run it will screw him over and not the Steelers. It seems anymore with the Steelers and Ben in particular, that he can make any WR look like a million bucks. I mean he has make some shit WR's look good. Holmes, Wallace...... I think if AB fucks around Wheaton or Bryant could replace him as the heavy of the WR's!!!

Damn I remember back in the day when we could make any RB the best in the NFL.... well it seems now we can do it and do it to the extreme with WRs!!!

Get your shit together AB or get replaced!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what he's talking about... But many fans say he's talking about TC.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no wonder he didnt show up for a voluntary training camp (key word being voluntary).. i dont blame him a dad has got to have his priorities.. grats Antonino

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no wonder he didnt show up for a voluntary training camp (key word being voluntary).. i dont blame him a dad has got to have his priorities.. grats Antonino
Wow... God damn media... Blasting shit way out of proportion! LIKE ALWAYS!

I feel pretty dumb now

lo48odO.gif