• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After tons of film study I think the top 3 Qb's are " GOOD"...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice I said "GOOD" not "GREAT" prospects....

First things first all 3 Qb's take nearly every snap from the shotgun. Goff to me is the most NFL ready right now, Lynch to me has the most "Up side" I'll explain further....

All film was watched at my favorite site Players | Draft Breakdown
For those that are not familiar with the site, it shows every play from each game for the player you choose that is good and bad, and you can watch each one in approx 6-8 mins

Jared Goff - He is the most ready NFL QB right now. He shows decent mechanics, can make every throw in the QB tree, has a very solid arm, throws a nice deep ball all though he rushes it at times and will tend to overthrow open deep receivers. I like his high over hand release, will seldom get balls knocked down at the LOS. He has a very nice slide step in the pocket when he feels pressure.
NFL Comparison : Carson Palmer

Carson Wentz
- He has incredible size and very good arm strength. He has no problem making every throw in the QB tree.He is a very athletic QB and can extend plays or take off if there is nothing there. Seems like quite the leader as evident during senior bowl week. One thing that concerns me, when watching this kids games,he makes nearly every throw flat footed. He has all kinds of time in the pocket, his O-line is incredible.. His Left Tackle I know is coming out in this draft and that kid is dominating that level. When you watch Wentz on most throws it looks like he has all Day to throw the ball. How will this be when he is getting blitzed every down in the NFL his rookie year? really that and level of competition my only concern.
NFL Comparison : Blake Bortles

Paxton Lynch - He also has incredible size and good arm strength. He has no problem making every throw in the QB tree, he flicks his wrist and slings it 50 plus yards. He like the others takes every snap from shotgun formation. However unlike the other two, Lynch had 2 seconds to throw. He was constantly under heavy rush, his throws had to come out very quickly. Lynch may not be nearly as NFL ready as Goff, but i think he could have a higher upside. He gets behind a decent O-line and I think he can do serious damage at the NFL level. He has sickening athleticism for a QB of his stature allowing him to extend plays. The level of competition like Wentz is a bit of concern.
NFL Comparsion : Ben Roethlisberger

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big reason Lynch doesn't have much time to throw is that in their Offensive design nobody stays back to block outside of the OL itself ... everyone is out on a pattern. Did they even use a TE? It's like a flag football type offense. That's my biggest worry with him ... the tools are no doubt there, but we're not running the Chip Kelly college O anymore. There's no film on him running anything that resembles what I expect will be a conservative West Coast style Pederson will run. If we take him though I'm assuming unlike how Chip handled Murray ... Pederson will design a playbook which focuses on what he can do.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big reason Lynch doesn't have much time to throw is that in their Offensive design nobody stays back to block outside of the OL itself ... everyone is out on a pattern. Did they even use a TE? It's like a flag football type offense. That's my biggest worry with him ... the tools are no doubt there, but we're not running the Chip Kelly college O anymore. There's no film on him running anything that resembles what I expect will be a conservative West Coast style Pederson will run. If we take him though I'm assuming unlike how Chip handled Murray ... Pederson will design a playbook which focuses on what he can do.
All 3 played in a spread offense REY. All 3 took virtually every snap from the shotgun. All 3 threw screen and slants like they were going out of style. Granted Goff threw down field far more than the others, he also had far better people to throw to. Wentz had so much time to throw on many throws he could have grown a beard back there. Lynch threw the ball so fast after the snap I wondered if he had time to even feel the laces on most throws. I don't usually put much stock in the combine, but i am curious how all 3 sling it with legit NFL receivers to sling it to. I also want to see how they do on the chalkboard with Gruden. That is where I think Goff will be far ahead of the other two. He is definitely more NFL ready right now.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Goff and Wentz will make it to 13, that's why I don't comment much on either ... but I would worry about the same things with them. It is very hard to judge college QB's today due to mostly all playing in offenses which don't work at the pro level. If you can't read pro defenses and make throws from the pocket it doesn't matter how big or fast you are. I am also very glad to hear that Lynch will be throwing at the Combine, but it's still not going to tell us how he would do without the shotgun and 4/5 receivers with college separation. That's why I like a kid like Brandon Allen as there is tape on him reading D's in a pro style, from under Center and finding 2nd and 3rd targets. There is also a good deal of game tape showing his ability to improvise and make plays under pressure. To me Lynch is just too much of an unknown to take that high ... but I guess you have to sometimes take that chance nowadays since there are so few college teams out there who still run pro style Offense. Hell, if we're taking a chance on measurables ... I'd almost rather trade down into the early 2nd and grab Dak Prescott.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Goff the best but I'm starting to think Hogan in the 5th may be just as good for this O. The guy did win the big games and play the position well. I'm not sure what I'm missing with him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm strength:
1. Wentz
2. Lynch
3. Goff

If that means anything to you.

Myself, I compare:
Goff: Rodgers
Wentz: Rothlisberger
Lynch: Don't know.

USS Shiloh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles should make a trade for Kaepernick

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick sucks.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping they'd take a look at Kaep if they kept Chip and he got cut. I wouldn't trade for him, don't like that cap hit with those question marks.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Goff and Wentz will make it to 13, that's why I don't comment much on either ... but I would worry about the same things with them. It is very hard to judge college QB's today due to mostly all playing in offenses which don't work at the pro level. If you can't read pro defenses and make throws from the pocket it doesn't matter how big or fast you are. I am also very glad to hear that Lynch will be throwing at the Combine, but it's still not going to tell us how he would do without the shotgun and 4/5 receivers with college separation. That's why I like a kid like Brandon Allen as there is tape on him reading D's in a pro style, from under Center and finding 2nd and 3rd targets. There is also a good deal of game tape showing his ability to improvise and make plays under pressure. To me Lynch is just too much of an unknown to take that high ... but I guess you have to sometimes take that chance nowadays since there are so few college teams out there who still run pro style Offense. Hell, if we're taking a chance on measurables ... I'd almost rather trade down into the early 2nd and grab Dak Prescott.

Funny you should mention Allen, somewhere in these posts I mentioned him. He appears to be flying under the radar and is one I would take a close look at. Prescott is another developmental prospect that I like. As for Wentz; I think he is getting too much press. Good perhaps but he just seems to be missing something.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a article where a league exec says Wentz is a 2nd rd pick and they believe Dallas is leaking all this hype train for him trying to get a huge trade up deal.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with any of the above. ....i'm not that big on Goff though.

I'd still take a flier on Cardale Jones as a project. ....he has too much talent not to be worth the time.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with any of the above. ....i'm not that big on Goff though.

I'd still take a flier on Cardale Jones as a project. ....he has too much talent not to be worth the time.
Poor mans Daunte Culpepper.....no thanks.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culpepper was decent till his knee imploded. 63% passer rating for his career.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardale was very disappointing this year. Hogan doesn't fall out of the 3rd when it's all said and done IMO - I like him a lot.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan will be a 4th or 5th.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we keep Bradford, I would go for Hogan in the 4th.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culpepper was decent till his knee imploded. 63% passer rating for his career.

padded stats with a WR in moss that was a jump ball artist. "just put it up there, i'll get it!"

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry ....I never saw the stat for QB's with or without his best option.