• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WC Round vs. Bengals

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media circus is still spitting up venom...

In McCarron's postgame presser he implied that "it only seemed to rain when their offense was on the field".. Give me a break. :L

Pacman Jones is still spouting off at the mouth about how AB deserves an academy award for his "concussion flop". And sayin he never touched the ref during altercation with Porter. Said he was "pointing at Porter and askin why he was on the field"... His arrogance is astounding. :L

Whitworth said that during pregame warmups Porter was at midfield "Motherf*ckin everybody"... Whatever that means. This is probably the only statement I believe lol.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone looking for an opinion which might actually have some merit, look no further than Ben Roethlisberger. During his weekly radio show on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh, Roethlisberger was asked about many topics, and Porter's presence on the field was certainly one of them.
See what the franchise quarterback had to say about the ordeal which changed Chris Boswell's game-winning field goal from a 50-yard kick, to a 35-yard chip shot.
"Honestly, Joey comes out there to help AB off the field," Roethlisberger said. "People are making a big deal about him being out there, and why was he out there. Well, I think it makes a lot of sense why he's out there. Offensive coaches aren't going to go out there because we're trying to draw up plays for the next play, and how can we move the ball down the field. Joey's still a passionate guy, he's a young coach. He's going to be able to help, if he needs to carry him off, help get him off the field. I think it makes a lot of sense that Joey's out there to help a player off the field."

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger gives his explanation for Joey Porter being on the field vs. the Bengals

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Misk.

The Steeler haters that make up the large majority of the NFL fanbase have a hard time admitting this to themselves about Porter. They just want to use the narrative of Porter being out there solely to stir the pot. But I think what Big Ben says above is genuine.

Antonio Brown is not only the most talented offensive player on the Steelers today, he's probably also the most talented wide receiver in football over the past two seasons. When a guy with that much importance and significance to a team gets laid out like Brown did, of course there are going to be coaches and players from the sideline who are going to rush out there because of their concern for the man.

What took place afterwards after Brown was picked up off the turf is unfortunate. And people are right to be upset about what Porter did at that point. There is also some logic in him being penalized for what he might have said to any of the Bengals.

Questioning why Porter was out there in first place, at least IMO, cannot be debated. They can crow all they want to about assistant coaches not being allowed on the field. That is largely ignored in the NFL, though. Especially when it's a reaction to a violent collision that leaves somebody unconscious. That hit Brown absorbed in real time looked about as scary as any sequence I've ever seen take place on a football field. They're human beings, first and foremost. Most human beings show compassion and concern for their co-workers and friends, as they should. That is what pulled Porter out there in the first place.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Misk.

The Steeler haters that make up the large majority of the NFL fanbase have a hard time admitting this to themselves about Porter. They just want to use the narrative of Porter being out there solely to stir the pot. But I think what Big Ben says above is genuine.

Antonio Brown is not only the most talented offensive player on the Steelers today, he's probably also the most talented wide receiver in football over the past two seasons. When a guy with that much importance and significance to a team gets laid out like Brown did, of course there are going to be coaches and players from the sideline who are going to rush out there because of their concern for the man.

What took place afterwards after Brown was picked up off the turf is unfortunate. And people are right to be upset about what Porter did at that point. There is also some logic in him being penalized for what he might have said to any of the Bengals.

Questioning why Porter was out there in first place, at least IMO, cannot be debated. They can crow all they want to about assistant coaches not being allowed on the field. That is largely ignored in the NFL, though. Especially when it's a reaction to a violent collision that leaves somebody unconscious. That hit Brown absorbed in real time looked about as scary as any sequence I've ever seen take place on a football field. They're human beings, first and foremost. Most human beings show compassion and concern for their co-workers and friends, as they should. That is what pulled Porter out there in the first place.
I think its mostly true too but like you said the haters gonna hate because they think that they know everything and cant stand the steelers .. but also to be honest porter does like to stir the pot too.. with that being said .. packman should have just kept his cool and walked away but he is an idiot and just couldnt do it so he has no one to blame but himself .. also even without the packman penality I think boswell still makes the fg the kid is good and I hope we keep him over suisham after the season is over

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its mostly true too but like you said the haters gonna hate because they think that they know everything and cant stand the steelers .. but also to be honest porter does like to stir the pot too.. with that being said .. packman should have just kept his cool and walked away but he is an idiot and just couldnt do it so he has no one to blame but himself .. also even without the packman penality I think boswell still makes the fg the kid is good and I hope we keep him over suisham after the season is over

I agree. Porter being young and big was probably a part of it too. He could help get Brown off the field but be a shield if it got uglier. Plus, Packman threw the punch after Porter had been pulled away by some of the OL and 2 or 3 refs were standing between Porter/Steelers and the Bengels. Stupid is as stupid does.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#77 Andrew Whitworth's response to being asked why he went back on the field to shake the Steeler's player's hands instead of going straight to the locker room...
When the game ended Whitworth was one of just four Bengals – the others were kicker Mike Nugent, receiver Marvin Jones and halfback Rex Burkhead – who sought out Steelers players on the field to congratulate them.
Then the massive Whitworth lowered his 330 pounds onto his knees near the 50-yard line to say a postgame prayer. He soon was joined by Burkhead, fellow Bengals Cedric Peerman and Vinny Rey and Steelers cornerback Ross Cockrell.
As he stood at his locker later, Whitworth was asked why he had bothered to shake hands when so many teammates had headed straight to the dressing room.
“I shook hands with them because at the end of the day integrity and character and who you are as a man is more important than who you are as a football player,” he said. “And in the face of a loss you have to man up and walk out there.”

good guy I can respect someone like him.. maybe pack man and burfict can learn from him

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Misk.

Another thing that is being overshadowed is the fact that Porter has been out on the field during MULTIPLE big injuries this season. Bell, Beach, etc. Nothing was ever blown out of proportion over it during those times? Bell was a little different because it was on the PIT sideline where the injury happened, but you can clearly see Porter hovering around the training staff. Not to mention as soon as Burfict got up leaping for joy Porter looked like he was about to chase him down. He's an emotional coach that cares about his players. If anyone gets hurt, he wants to be out there to help.

I completely agree with Ben's comments. He wasn't out there to start shit. I guarantee that someone spouted off something that he didn't care for so he turned to have words with him. At that point AB was being picked up & walked off. Porter wasn't in anyone's face at that time until Gilberry came up from behind him and chest bumped his back. At that moment 3-4 other Bengal players surrounded Porter. Again, Porter wasn't going after anyone or getting in anyone's face. It was the Bungal players that got in his. Anyone that watches the tape knows this. Media or players saying that Joey was starting the altercation are either blind or misinformed.

I'm glad that Tomlin banned the media from talking to Porter. Quit feeding the ridiculous media circus and focus on what's important... The road ahead, not the road left behind. Porter will face the music at the appropriate time.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....

The stupidity of some people and lack of respect for another human being....
Some fuck on the Bungholes board thinks AB caused the hit with Burfict...
I mean, is he some kind of fuckin moron......

I wonder how he liked the butt fuckin his two hero's in Shitcinnati gave him.
He aint no better than those two convicts.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bengals are right. Coaches shouldn&#39;t be out on the field. <a href="jtkola™ on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/nJs8rkkw5O</a></p>&mdash; jtkola™ (@jtkola) <a href="">January 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bengals are right. Coaches shouldn&#39;t be out on the field. <a href="jtkola™ on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/nJs8rkkw5O</a></p>&mdash; jtkola™ (@jtkola) <a href="">January 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No way misk. The Bungles wouldn't allow their coaches on the field.........
Someone did a great job with photoshop obviously........