• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WC Round vs. Bengals

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah going to be interesting tracking to see how those injuries pan out. From the sound of things Big Ben really shouldn't have been out there that last drive. IF he can't throw with any kind of accuracy past 15 yards man that will be huge. I did see pictures of Antonio Brown after the game and he did look in good spirits but maybe once that adrenaline wears off he might not be quite as happy. Anyway hope both are ok.

As for playing in Mile High yeah it is one of the toughest places to play in the NFL. In fact the Broncos own the best home record in playoff history with a 16-5 record. Still I would probably trade you Big Ben in his injured state for Manning right now. I have no clue what Manning will be this upcoming Sunday. I'm hoping for 2013 Manning but I am seriously doubting that happens.
ben wanted to be on the field you could see it on the sidelines .. i hope brown can pass the concussion protocols

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ben wanted to be on the field you could see it on the sidelines .. i hope brown can pass the concussion protocols

Got to love the fight of Big Ben. I just question how much longer his body can hold up with the way he has been beaten up over the years. Seems like every year he misses a game or two from a serious injury but always seems to come back earlier than expected and find ways to grit out wins.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love the fight of Big Ben. I just question how much longer his body can hold up with the way he has been beaten up over the years. Seems like every year he misses a game or two from a serious injury but always seems to come back earlier than expected and find ways to grit out wins.
tough guys like ben are getting harder to find .. I personally like the tough guys .. but sadly the world is changing

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough guys like ben are getting harder to find .. I personally like the tough guys .. but sadly the world is changing

I like them too. Like I said my concern though is how many more years can he actually hold up? Those lower leg injuries seem to be happening quite often. Still I would take a guy like Big Ben over almost every QB in the league.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them too. Like I said my concern though is how many more years can he actually hold up? Those lower leg injuries seem to be happening quite often. Still I would take a guy like Big Ben over almost every QB in the league.
yea his last knee injury was just bad luck .. and we worry about his longevity too

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to..... His OWN peers (other NFL players) labeled him the dirtiest player in the league back when he was in his prime. Is Burfict dirty? Yes, and I don't think it can be debated. Harrison was labeled the same back in the day - That can't be debated either.

You can make all the comparisons you want, but #55 probably cost you that game...he's very good player...not being able to control emotions, lack of discipline, etc. is why he's not a great player. Harrison clearly was an intimidating hitter and played through the whistle, but in his day never allowed his emotions to directly contribute to a loss. Might take Lewis down with him on this one.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Face like fashion I will throw out a few grades here, but before that I have to say...THANK YOU CIN BENGALS...namely Burfict and Adams. They flatout took this game away from their teammates.

Coaching...HC...B-...one of the better jobs of time out management I have seen from MT...the challenge on Shazier's 1st strip fumble...only a stupid whistle (I guess) caused that play not to end in 6...he wasn't touched down. The failed 2 pt play was the right call. There was some chippy fouls on the Steelers as well, the one on Foster was uncalled for but I get it...I went B minus b/c I'm not sure why Porter was on the field (good he drew the personal on Adams though)...The Steelers (even Mitchell was in check) didn't allow their emotions to take over as it did for the Bengals.

OFC...B-...That's what I'm talking about Haley...25+ rush attempts...ground game was in play all night, the CIN LBs were playing pass so the YPC was better than I expected. Tough night to really score the ball, so I can't be too critical of all the FGs but need better production this week...hopefully Ben & AB & DWill are available to play.

DEF...B+...the front 7 did their job...got pressure on the QB, they gave up 2 big runs, but controlled the run game and LOS for most of the game...also got good support from the back end...the AJ TD, idk if Gay let him go too early, but it looked like Mitchell got caught looking at the QB and was burnt, but #41 made a play...maybe I should shut up and watch. Generally speaking tackling was much better...Shazier was a beast.

ST...B-, coverage was leaky at times, but great punting...FGs won the game essentially.

Tough night to play, tough opponent...no doubt PIT should have loss this game on the arm of Landry. Beating a good team at home twice in a season was always going to be a tough task and some good fortune was needed...feel lucky to get this win, but the play on the field (aside from Landry's INT) was worthy of a win as well.

On to DEN.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On Ben's injury sack, Vontaze drove his knee into the shoulder.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picture of him tackling Ben in the black jersey is from the 2013 MNF game. I posted that picture to make the point that he hasn't been wearing a visor this year (photo taken from earlier game this season).

Regardless, you see the world different than I do... Enjoy the game.
So because he didn't wear a visor in one game means he didn't in another?

logic

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Face like fashion I will throw out a few grades here, but before that I have to say...THANK YOU CIN BENGALS...namely Burfict and Adams. They flatout took this game away from their teammates.

Coaching...HC...B-...one of the better jobs of time out management I have seen from MT...the challenge on Shazier's 1st strip fumble...only a stupid whistle (I guess) caused that play not to end in 6...he wasn't touched down. The failed 2 pt play was the right call. There was some chippy fouls on the Steelers as well, the one on Foster was uncalled for but I get it...I went B minus b/c I'm not sure why Porter was on the field (good he drew the personal on Adams though)...The Steelers (even Mitchell was in check) didn't allow their emotions to take over as it did for the Bengals.

OFC...B-...That's what I'm talking about Haley...25+ rush attempts...ground game was in play all night, the CIN LBs were playing pass so the YPC was better than I expected. Tough night to really score the ball, so I can't be too critical of all the FGs but need better production this week...hopefully Ben & AB & DWill are available to play.

DEF...B+...the front 7 did their job...got pressure on the QB, they gave up 2 big runs, but controlled the run game and LOS for most of the game...also got good support from the back end...the AJ TD, idk if Gay let him go too early, but it looked like Mitchell got caught looking at the QB and was burnt, but #41 made a play...maybe I should shut up and watch. Generally speaking tackling was much better...Shazier was a beast.

ST...B-, coverage was leaky at times, but great punting...FGs won the game essentially.

Tough night to play, tough opponent...no doubt PIT should have loss this game on the arm of Landry. Beating a good team at home twice in a season was always going to be a tough task and some good fortune was needed...feel lucky to get this win, but the play on the field (aside from Landry's INT) was worthy of a win as well.

On to DEN.
Good writeup ATL! :suds:

I agree with all of your grades. I'd probably bump the coaching grade up a little. That was a really crazy game, and to see how well Tomlin kept the players in check was astounding. I don't blame Porter for jawing with the Bungals D. Thanks to Gilberry & Jones for escalating it though lol.
gilberry-porter.gif

I'm quite shocked that we finally saw what this defense is able to do. Granted, and we are probably going to hear this all week long, they did it against a backup QB. I'm of the belief that this defense would have stood just as tall if Dalton were in, or if it was Aaron Rodgers. The blitzes & personnel packages that Butler was rotating were brilliant. McCarron looked so lost during some parts of the game. Credit to McCarron for hangin tough and bringin that team back though.

Wasn't a very pretty win, but a win nonetheless. They will need a better output from the offense if they are going to beat Denver. Ben, AB & D-Will's injuries are going to be huge stories leading up to next weekend.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good writeup ATL! :suds:

I agree with all of your grades. I'd probably bump the coaching grade up a little. That was a really crazy game, and to see how well Tomlin kept the players in check was astounding. I don't blame Porter for jawing with the Bungals D. Thanks to Gilberry & Jones for escalating it though lol.
View attachment 75593

I'm quite shocked that we finally saw what this defense is able to do. Granted, and we are probably going to hear this all week long, they did it against a backup QB. I'm of the belief that this defense would have stood just as tall if Dalton were in, or if it was Aaron Rodgers. The blitzes & personnel packages that Butler was rotating were brilliant. McCarron looked so lost during some parts of the game. Credit to McCarron for hangin tough and bringin that team back though.

Wasn't a very pretty win, but a win nonetheless. They will need a better output from the offense if they are going to beat Denver. Ben, AB & D-Will's injuries are going to be huge stories leading up to next weekend.

How bad do you think Joey wants to put pads back on just for the two Shitcinati games next year???

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the facial expression!!!!

He'll be happy to pay that fine, I'm sure!!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the look on his face during that scuffle said it all... Bait, line set, hooked... lol
View attachment 75668

We are talking about a guy who as a player once got thrown out of a Browns game during pre-game warm-ups for fighting, so Hell Yeah he instigated. There is no doubt in my mind, NONE!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media circus is still spitting up venom...

In McCarron's postgame presser he implied that "it only seemed to rain when their offense was on the field".. Give me a break. :L

Pacman Jones is still spouting off at the mouth about how AB deserves an academy award for his "concussion flop". And sayin he never touched the ref during altercation with Porter. Said he was "pointing at Porter and askin why he was on the field"... His arrogance is astounding. :L

Whitworth said that during pregame warmups Porter was at midfield "Motherf*ckin everybody"... Whatever that means. This is probably the only statement I believe lol.