• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a tougher out of conference schedule than Stanford?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know this how? Your zero experience working in college athletics?

Common sense, blurting out how coaches have no say in choosing OOC games is the epitome of stupid. I’m guessing just because you worked in some small college admission office you are experienced in the OOC game set up by big universities. LOL

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense, blurting out how coaches have no say in choosing OOC games is the epitome of stupid. I’m guessing just because you worked in some small college admission office you are experienced in the OOC game set up by big universities. LOL

It’s not that they don’t have no say, for the third time I’ve said that, they don’t get the final decision nor do they care as much as you think they do. And yes, I’ve been around college athletics my whole life. This will be a topic I’ll bring up in March when I go on a golf trip with some VT coaches.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not that they don’t have no say, for the third time I’ve said that, they don’t get the final decision nor do they care as much as you think they do. And yes, I’ve been around college athletics my whole life. This will be a topic I’ll bring up in March when I go on a golf trip with some VT coaches.

You are suggesting no coaches get the final say on selecting OOC opponents. Ok, no one believes that BS. An save the story about how you golfed with a VPI assistant coach that one time at a tournament. It doesn’t mean you know shit about scheduling OOC games like you think you do.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are suggesting no coaches get the final say on selecting OOC opponents. Ok, no one believes that BS. An save the story about how you golfed with a VPI assistant coach that one time at a tournament. It doesn’t mean you know shit about scheduling OOC games like you think you do.

Nah I’m still going to report back. It’s not a brag, I just so happen to be around these coaches all my life growing up where I did. Several are good family friends and golfing buddy’s with my pops and I. See them all the time, so I’ll report back their input. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. Either way it doesn’t really matter, so we’ll get some real input on the subject. What’s the matter with that?

LizardBoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU scheduled Purdue for 2019 when Purdue sucked. Stupid TCU.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I’m still going to report back. It’s not a brag, I just so happen to be around these coaches all my life growing up where I did. Several are good family friends and golfing buddy’s with my pops and I. See them all the time, so I’ll report back their input. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. Either way it doesn’t really matter, so we’ll get some real input on the subject. What’s the matter with that?

Nothings the matter, you are literally painting the picture that coaches have very little to any say in choosing OOC games. I choose not to believe that, nor believe you actually know any coaches personally. Just my :2cents:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothings the matter, you are literally painting the picture that coaches have very little to any say in choosing OOC games. I choose not to believe that, nor believe you actually know any coaches personally. Just my :2cents:

There's three or four games ( depending on conference) a season every school gets to pick who they play and where. A new coach might walk into a job where there are about three or four seasons already lined up but once they have been there around five years and have been successful like a Dantonio, Urban, Saban and Shaw you know they are telling the AD what kind of teams they want. This guy is nuts to think that these coaches dont get to say yes or no to every choice.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's three or four games ( depending on conference) a season every school gets to pick who they play and where. A new coach might walk into a job where there are about three or four seasons already lined up but once they have been there around five years and have been successful like a Dantonio, Urban, Saban and Shaw you know they are telling the AD what kind of teams they want. This guy is nuts to think that these coaches dont get to say yes or no to every choice.

I understand the AD does a lot of the work and setting up, especially for younger/newer coaches. But to suggest the coaches anywhere have little say is beyond silly. I truly believe if that were the case (AD doing it all) we’d see more neutral site games.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok cool. Your 2 cents don’t mean shit.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercer, Chattanooga and the Citadel are all better teams than 2017 Oregon State, they also all beat teams that actually beat someone else. But continue to tell me how awesome 2000 Oregon State was. I will give them credit, it takes some work to only beat 1 conference opponent in two years, I think maybe they think they get a #1 pick or something. Hell, half the Big 10 has any many Pac-12 wins as Oregon St in two years, and at least one has 3. 17 of the other 53 P5 teams have as many Pac-12 wins as Oregon St and two have more, despite for the most part having 17 less opportunities to do so.

I'm not sure there has been a P5 team that has had a worse two-year run in a shittier conference.

I love the facepalms and bullshits. but I haven't seen anyone produce a team with a shittier two year run. Two wins over FCS teams that have a combined record of 1-21. and an overtime comeback after and epic collapse over Colorado who was beating Oregon St 31-3 halfway through the 3rd quarter. Let's get real too, it's not like Oregon St was doing this in an era of PAC dominance. The fact that they are this bad when the PAC is under .500 againts P5 OOC and 21-12 versus G5, speaks volumes about the pathetic state of Oregon St football. How can you argue that Oregon State would be a competitive G5 team when the conference as a whole is not winning 2/3 of their G5 games...

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the facepalms and bullshits. but I haven't seen anyone produce a team with a shittier two year run. Two wins over FCS teams that have a combined record of 1-21. and an overtime comeback after and epic collapse over Colorado who was beating Oregon St 31-3 halfway through the 3rd quarter. Let's get real too, it's not like Oregon St was doing this in an era of PAC dominance. The fact that they are this bad when the PAC is under .500 againts P5 OOC and 21-12 versus G5, speaks volumes about the pathetic state of Oregon St football. How can you argue that Oregon State would be a competitive G5 team when the conference as a whole is not winning 2/3 of their G5 games...

You do make valid points these last two years have been very awful (worse than Rutgers) for Oregon State. Hell you could go back the last 5 years and it’d probably be the worse 5 year stretch ever. (Although Kansas still is bad and has been for a while).

But Oregon State isn’t some horridly awful football program. Hell this century they’ve been to 13 bowl games, not impressive but for a program you are labeling as doom and gloom it’s not bad. I believe they have as many wins vs the top 10 as they do loses to FCS teams. Sure you can label their last two teams as FCS teams but their program certainly isn’t.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell does Duke get credit for “scheduling” ND. As if the ACC didn’t set this and the 4 other games they do every year for ND and their mates.

Knowing that I’d say Clemson’s OOC schedule is more impressive that Duke’s.

Stanford’s for the time being though is still the best.

I think you must give credit to Notre Dame for scheduling Duke after Duke beat them in South Bend last time they played.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you must give credit to Notre Dame for scheduling Duke after Duke beat them in South Bend last time they played.

The ACC scheduled it, not ND or Duke. That being said I hope you replicate your last meeting or beat them worse. :)

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC scheduled it, not ND or Duke. That being said I hope you replicate your last meeting or beat them worse. :)

I hope so too! Technically when ND half-assed joined the ACC in all but football it was for TV money, but they knew by signing on they would have to face Duke eventually!:heh:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so too! Technically when ND half-assed joined the ACC in all but football it was for TV money, but they knew by signing on they would have to face Duke eventually!:heh:

Indeed, I hope ya’s win by 50

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell does Duke get credit for “scheduling” ND. As if the ACC didn’t set this and the 4 other games they do every year for ND and their mates.

Knowing that I’d say Clemson’s OOC schedule is more impressive that Duke’s.

Stanford’s for the time being though is still the best.
Because they could’ve went out and scheduled 2 shit teams knowing they play Nd

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they could’ve went out and scheduled 2 shit teams knowing they play Nd

They scheduled one shit team and a G5 team along with bama. There OOC schedule is very good, but they didn’t get ND or vice versa on their own. That’s all I’m stating.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do make valid points these last two years have been very awful (worse than Rutgers) for Oregon State. Hell you could go back the last 5 years and it’d probably be the worse 5 year stretch ever. (Although Kansas still is bad and has been for a while).

But Oregon State isn’t some horridly awful football program. Hell this century they’ve been to 13 bowl games, not impressive but for a program you are labeling as doom and gloom it’s not bad. I believe they have as many wins vs the top 10 as they do loses to FCS teams. Sure you can label their last two teams as FCS teams but their program certainly isn’t.

He wants to talk about the last couple years because if you start stretching it out a decade or more then you will see that there are multiple teams in the SEC who haven't been at Oregons States level.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, but for the Pac-12 that just makes them the latest flag bearer of ineptitude. With the exception of USC and Washington, they are pretty good at taking turns. I still can't think of another team that has had worse two year stretch, and I'm not sure the #68 class is going to turn it around for them. That much suckage breeds more suckage. I honestly don't care, except for when our resident honk starts telling me how many P5 teams the Pac-12 plays every year.