• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a tougher out of conference schedule than Stanford?

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ef8.jpg

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2000 Oregon State football has finished ranked five times and one of those finished #4 in the country-. Let me know when Chattanooga - Mercer and the Citadels of the world the SEC plays do that. Heck throw in Duke , Mississippi State, Kentucky and Vanderbilt.
Oregon State in this time had players like TJ Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Derek Anderson, Nick Barnett, Brandon Cooks;
That was...............
125967061.jpeg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know this how? Hell RT, the transitive property is better than making a statement like this. Unless they play 100 times we'd never know. It could be 100-0, 50-50, 0-100...or any damn thing in between.

Here's a fun fact. Texas A&M has been in the SEC eight seasons and UCLA has played them more ( once) in that time span than Georgia who's in their conference. But then again they have also played teams like Prairie View-Lamar-Sam Houston State more times than Georgia who's in their conference

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Alabama year after year plays Chattanooga and Mercer and North Idaho State and miraculously hasnt gone on the road to play an out of conference game at that teams house in about seven years. Lol. Its just Sabans good luck.
Variables my ass. Lol.

It's because home games are a huge payday for the program. Why schedule a home and home with a smaller (cup cake if you will) and give up a huge pay check. Schedule the small schools at home, give them a nice pay day for their program, and bank the money.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ...if your going to use transitive property, you should at least try to stay away from games that feature historically epic fails. UCLA and Texas A&M could play 100 times and that would still be their only win. Sumlin got deservedly fired for losing that game. Who rushes for 300 yards in the first half, then rushed 13 times in the 2nd...up by 34...Kevin Sumlin, that's who.
LOL - ya he sat on the ball guess he wasn't use to playing against a mediocre PAC offense.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because home games are a huge payday for the program. Why schedule a home and home with a smaller (cup cake if you will) and give up a huge pay check. Schedule the small schools at home, give them a nice pay day for their program, and bank the money.

The old we play trucking schools because they need the money excuse. Lol

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, just saying that playing those schools is a business decision for the host schools.

Sorry, if the PAC sucks soo bad you have to try to schedule tough OOC to make your record look good.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you add in a conference schedule that includes
Alabama
@ Georgia
@ LSU
Texas A&M is playing 4 teams in the top 8 of the final coaches and AP poll. Should they have tried to fill out their OOC schedule 3 the other 4?:noidea:
Depends on what you want to watch or go pay money to see. I hate it when UW plays the Portland State's of the world. When half of your home games are cupcakes, who want's to buy season tickets?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just saying that playing those schools is a business decision for the host schools.

Sorry, if the PAC sucks soo bad you have to try to schedule tough OOC to make your record look good.
Spare me with the business decision excuse. How much more money would the area economy make on a weekend in Tuscaloosa if they played USC or Michigan or wisconsin rather than Mercer. Its not about how much money they make it's that theres no way in hell the can lose to The Citadel. But home and home is a different story.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you want to watch or go pay money to see. I hate it when UW plays the Portland State's of the world. When half of your home games are cupcakes, who want's to buy season tickets?

True, A&M also has Auburn, Miss ST., and South Carolina as home games. Fans of the team are going to buy season tickets with or without the cup cakes. Season ticket holders will in many cases sell the tickets to the lesser games.

I understand that you can't have huge games every week and over the course of the season it will all average out.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spare me with the business decision excuse. How much more money would the area economy make on a weekend in Tuscaloosa if they played USC or Michigan or wisconsin rather than Mercer. Its not about how much money they make it's that theres no way in hell the can lose to The Citadel. But home and home is a different story.

You are right, they would make more money buy scheduling a strong team, but only for that year. They would have to give up a home game the next year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, they would make more money buy scheduling a strong team, but only for that year. They would have to give up a home game the next year.
They have four games to schedule who they want and its been like eleven years since they did a home and home. Is Alabama football hurting for money? Hey it works . That's for sure. But don't try and say it's about economics.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have four games to schedule who they want and its been like eleven years since they did a home and home. Is Alabama football hurting for money? Hey it works . That's for sure. But don't try and say it's about economics.

How difficult is it to understand that the money generated from 4 OOC home games against cup cakes every year is going to be much more that doing home and homes with other teams and only getting 2 or even 3 OOC home games?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How difficult is it to understand that the money generated from 4 OOC home games against cup cakes every year is going to be much more that doing home and homes with other teams and only getting 2 or even 3 OOC home games?
The fact that you think they play those type of teams all at home because they make a little more money is adorable.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember when we played that Southern California Trucking School...at least I think it was a trucking school, who else would lose 52-6. University of Storage Cargo or something like that.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead an tell us how great Coastal Carolina and Florida A&M are.LOL. While you're at it tell us how great Mercer, the Citadel and Chattanooga are.
I love how you say they won three games or four games . Well no shit. They play an entire schedule of Troy and Texas State type teams. If Mercer plays Coastal Carolina one of them is going to win. Does that make them good? No.
When's the last time any of those teams were ranked over the majority of SEC teams like Oregon State has?

LOL, which one of them would 2017 Oregon State beat. LOL, it's not like they were running the table against G5 and FCS teams...they got steamrolled by Colorado State and Minnesota beat them by 34, but they did manage to beat a winless FCS team who got clubbed by every FCS team they played, except the one that lost to every other team they played...who still beat them. Nothing about Oregon State's on field play in 2017 would suggest that they could be a competitive FCS team, let alone a G5 team.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fun fact. Texas A&M has been in the SEC eight seasons and UCLA has played them more ( once) in that time span than Georgia who's in their conference. But then again they have also played teams like Prairie View-Lamar-Sam Houston State more times than Georgia who's in their conference

I complete understand your point. If my conference was as shitty as the Pac-12 I would try to schedule as many games against other Pac-12 teams as I could and avoid playing other conferences.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 - 2016 Kansas would give 'em a close run. 2-22. Beat the might Rhode Island Rams and the rusty cows of Texas.:heh:

Oh shit...are you allowed to live in Texas and say that...or is there not enough orange nation West of Odessa for a proper hanging.