• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A. Smith DUI AGAIN

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Harold a lot. Some people have said he is a replica of A. Smith (football talent not off the field). Yes Lynch came in out of shape(don't understand this) kid had a shot to be a starter coming in. I don't get how u don't work your butt off. Word is they are working him hard to get into shape and should be in football shape soon.

Not sure how out of shape he's in. Thought is he has been dealing with a hamstring injury that has prevented him from working out. He actually came in a bit out shape into camp last year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
for this year who cares. we have a lot of cap. it would still open back up next year. Another name we can take a chance on is mathis Kiwanika from the Giants. Still a FA. He can give us some Depth.

No, it wouldn't. Cap space now rolls over year-to-year (up to a certain amount). If we spend available cap space this year, we can't roll it into next year. It is gone.

As far as Kiwanuka, we still have two good, established pass rusher and one who is showing a lot of promise. I'd rather just keep a young guy in Lemonier as opposed to adding Kiwanuka. If the Giants haven't given him a call after the JPP incident, I don't have tremendous faith that he'd do much for us.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how out of shape he's in. Thought is he has been dealing with a hamstring injury that has prevented him from working out. He actually came in a bit out shape into camp last year.

Reports are that he's likely out of shape because he hasn't been able to work out. He's back on the field now, and hopefully rounding into form, but Harold has a chance to establish himself. Lynch is probably a better fit on the left side, anyway.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok the rumors are starting to get crazy. My boy just sent me something about what people are saying the real story is. A. Smith got into a fight with Kap and he fucked up Kaps car. He then left. kap came out and saw his car and called the police. Smith got pissed at Kap because Kap is now dating A. Smith Ex girlfriend.
Also coming out that is was not a Dui.

If this is true this is almost as bad as a DUI and from a team stand point worse situation having 2 teammates doing this. This sounds like some TMZ crap. I hope this isn't true.

My friend is going to send me a link.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it wouldn't. Cap space now rolls over year-to-year (up to a certain amount). If we spend available cap space this year, we can't roll it into next year. It is gone.

As far as Kiwanuka, we still have two good, established pass rusher and one who is showing a lot of promise. I'd rather just keep a young guy in Lemonier as opposed to adding Kiwanuka. If the Giants haven't given him a call after the JPP incident, I don't have tremendous faith that he'd do much for us.
crim maybe u can help me out. if we sign him to a 1 year 8 mill contract(lets just say). what would roll over, he would be a FA next year. so that money would free back up. That's the whole point of a 1 year deal. it shouldn't hurt u the following year.

Please advise, thank you. Im a little confused.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok the rumors are starting to get crazy. My boy just sent me something about what people are saying the real story is. A. Smith got into a fight with Kap and he fucked up Kaps car. He then left. kap came out and saw his car and called the police. Smith got pissed at Kap because Kap is now dating A. Smith Ex girlfriend.

If this is true this is almost as bad as a DUI and from a team stand point worse situation having 2 teammates doing this. This sounds like some TMZ crap. I hope this isn't true.

????. Thats crazy. Send the link. Find that story hard to believe

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????. Thats crazy. Send the link. Find that story hard to believe
I agree, My boy is a Big 49ers fan also so I hope he is busting my balls. That would be crazy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that he's likely out of shape because he hasn't been able to work out. He's back on the field now, and hopefully rounding into form, but Harold has a chance to establish himself. Lynch is probably a better fit on the left side, anyway.

Thats what I heard. I heard he came into camp last year slightly out of shape. I think the door really opened for Harold. If you had a chance to see an interview of Harold, he seems like a really good kid.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Smith said sorry (again for the 5th time he did something). LOL. He did say it wasn't a DUI and that He let some people down. He said that the situation could of been handled different but the truth will come out.

Sounds like a guy that knows he is some what done with football and knows that it wasnt a drinking thing but he did do something.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found that story online but couldnt access the site. I suspect its bogus
I hope, but if you saw what Aldon said it might be true. If it wasnt a DUI and not a hit and run what would it be. It have to do with his car. Something happen and it sounds like its something different.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope, but if you saw what Aldon said it might be true. If it wasnt a DUI and not a hit and run what would it be. It have to do with his car. Something happen and it sounds like its something different.

Aldon is saying it wasn't a DUI, but at the same time the Santa Clara PD issued a statement on Twitter that he was arrested for DUI. I don't think they made a mistake in listing the DUI on Twitter.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon is saying it wasn't a DUI, but at the same time the Santa Clara PD issued a statement on Twitter that he was arrested for DUI. I don't think they made a mistake in listing the DUI on Twitter.
I think it was suspicious of a DUI. I cant see Aldon Smith lying in front of the media like that(i know he has lied before) because if it comes out that it was a DUI he career is done. he could of said no comment.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That would be crazy, but honestly, I'd take it. I don't love it, but I'm okay with an offensive and defensive player not liking each other. At the end of the day, it doesn't hurt the team all that much. That would be a relief. A DUI means Aldon is done.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be crazy, but honestly, I'd take it. I don't love it, but I'm okay with an offensive and defensive player not liking each other. At the end of the day, it doesn't hurt the team all that much. That would be a relief. A DUI means Aldon is done.
I think he is done no matter what.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
crim maybe u can help me out. if we sign him to a 1 year 8 mill contract(lets just say). what would roll over, he would be a FA next year. so that money would free back up. That's the whole point of a 1 year deal. it shouldn't hurt u the following year.

Please advise, thank you. Im a little confused.

It used to be that you had to use your cap space of you lost it. They changed that a couple years ago. You can now roll over any cap space you don't use to the following year. That's how teams like the Raiders and Jags had just tons of cap space going into FA this year.

So let's call this year's cap $150 million (it's a little lower, but I'm picking an easy number to work with). If we use $130 million this year, we would roll $20 million into next year. Let's say next year's cap is $160 million. We would now have $180 million.

If we signed Mathis to a one-year, $6 million deal, we would be spending $136 million or our cap space, and could only roll over $14 million. So next year, instead of $180 million in cap space, we'd have $174 million. Again, I'm just trying to highlight the principle, not using real numbers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It used to be that you had to use your cap space of you lost it. They changed that a couple years ago. You can now roll over any cap space you don't use to the following year. That's how teams like the Raiders and Jags had just tons of cap space going into FA this year.

So let's call this year's cap $150 million (it's a little lower, but I'm picking an easy number to work with). If we use $130 million this year, we would roll $20 million into next year. Let's say next year's cap is $160 million. We would now have $180 million.

If we signed Mathis to a one-year, $6 million deal, we would be spending $136 million or our cap space, and could only roll over $14 million. So next year, instead of $180 million in cap space, we'd have $174 million. Again, I'm just trying to highlight the principle, not using real numbers.
gotcha but his 6 mill would come off the books so we would still have his 6 mill to spend with in that 174 mill.

Again thanks again for the help. Trying to wrap myself around this.