• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A. Smith DUI AGAIN

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really don't understand some of these people. They have money. As you said about, still hit and run. Culliver did the same thing. He hit someone in his car and took off. Why they just don't stop is beyond me. It is so much worse fleeing the scene and odds are you are gonna get caught

For Culliver, yes. For Aldon, no. The DUI is by far the more important part to Aldon. Whatever happens in the criminal justice system pales in comparison to what happens to his career. He just cost himself MILLIONS of dollars over a misdemeanor. Even the hit-and-run is a misdemeanor unless someone was hurt. He's out $8.5 million this year, assuming we cut him. If anyone signs him next year, it will be for FAR less than he would have gotten. I'm not endorsing it by any means, but from Aldon's standpoint, running was probably the right call.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just cut him and be done with it. He's an idiot with no respect for anyone. How many DUIs do you need before you do significant jail time?

In CA, a fourth DUI within ten years is a felony. Prior to that, they're all misdemeanors. A third has a 120 day minimum, but he may be able to do home detention or a program.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree about the playoff talk. I would sign a vet to help the young guys out. At least if we can help protect our QB maybe our offense can take some of the pressure off the D. Also if we cut Smith we will have 30-40 mill in cap and right now if we cut him we would have like 27 mill to spend to why not add a pro bowl type player.

Because that cap space now rolls over. I'd much rather sign an up-and-coming FA next year rather than a mostly washed-up FA this year. The mentor concept is highly overrated, especially when we're talking about a guy who is new to the system coming in a week or two before the season. Staley and Boone can mentor as well or better than Mathis. It's certainly not worth paying a premium for that role.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In CA, a fourth DUI within ten years is a felony. Prior to that, they're all misdemeanors. A third has a 120 day minimum, but he may be able to do home detention or a program.

I just read online the first one was plea baragained down to reckless driving. That happened in Miami. I can't imagine that would happen in CA. Regardless, if you are involved in an accident while DUI, it might be a felony anyway

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that cap space now rolls over. I'd much rather sign an up-and-coming FA next year rather than a mostly washed-up FA this year. The mentor concept is highly overrated, especially when we're talking about a guy who is new to the system coming in a week or two before the season. Staley and Boone can mentor as well or better than Mathis. It's certainly not worth paying a premium for that role.
Im talking about a 1 year deal.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just read online the first one was plea baragained down to reckless driving. That happened in Miami. I can't imagine that would happen in CA. Regardless, if you are involved in an accident while DUI, it might be a felony anyway

It's pretty common for first DUIs to plead down to a "wet reckless" here, if the driver is like a .10 or lower. That's still priorable (counts as a DUI if you pick up more). I don't know if that's the case in Florida. It could affect his sentence here, though. A second DUI has a minimum of just 10 days, as memory serves.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In California, probably a whole hell of alot. You know how the jail system is here. The system is overcrowded, so its a revolving door for nonviolent offenders.

I just saw a guy sentenced to 35-to-life for DUI causing great bodily injury. That was a pretty unique case, though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty common for first DUIs to plead down to a "wet reckless" here, if the driver is like a .10 or lower. That's still priorable (counts as a DUI if you pick up more). I don't know if that's the case in Florida. It could affect his sentence here, though. A second DUI has a minimum of just 10 days, as memory serves.

I sat on a drunk driving jury once. I was told when plea bargaining they usually will drop the DUI count and just keep the driving while impaired charge. A friend of mine is a retired CHP officer and that is what he told me

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw a guy sentenced to 35-to-life for DUI causing great bodily injury. That was a pretty unique case, though.

I could see that happening if a multiple offender seriously injures or paralyzes someone

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere in Michigan, Jim Harbaugh is thinking he's glad he doesn't have to go through that anymore.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I sat on a drunk driving jury once. I was told when plea bargaining they usually will drop the DUI count and just keep the driving while impaired charge. A friend of mine is a retired CHP officer and that is what he told me

They'll drop one or the other, it doesn't really matter. There are two ways to be guilty of the action.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I could see that happening if a multiple offender seriously injures or paralyzes someone

It was his first DUI, and the injury was that he knocked an older woman unconscious, she got ten stitches, has a scar. Not awful, awful injuries, though. He had two prior strikes, though, and REALLY tried to game the system.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, he's the starter.
I would say Brooks and Lynch are the starters. Harold would also play a good amount. He is a rookie who hasn't played a down yet in the NFL so I would go with the other 2 1st.

The best part is Smith has a free car service to use and doesn't. u would think after the 1st time he would use it. He will never learn. Lets just say he gets away or by on this one and 49ers keep him for this year I would not resign him. too much of a risk unless he continues to play as u go kind of contract.

York said he is going to wait and see approach.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would say Brooks and Lynch are the starters. Harold would also play a good amount. He is a rookie who hasn't played a down yet in the NFL so I would go with the other 2 1st.

The best part is Smith has a free car service to use and doesn't. u would think after the 1st time he would use it. He will never learn. Lets just say he gets away or by on this one and 49ers keep him for this year I would not resign him. too much of a risk unless he continues to play as u go kind of contract.

York said he is going to wait and see approach.

Assuming Lynch gets back to his form from last year, I'd expect him to start. But he's coming back from injury and reports are that he's pretty out of shape. Right now, Harold is the guy. And he has a chance to stake a real claim.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the cap space is still gone.
for this year who cares. we have a lot of cap. it would still open back up next year. Another name we can take a chance on is mathis Kiwanika from the Giants. Still a FA. He can give us some Depth.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Lynch gets back to his form from last year, I'd expect him to start. But he's coming back from injury and reports are that he's pretty out of shape. Right now, Harold is the guy. And he has a chance to stake a real claim.
I like Harold a lot. Some people have said he is a replica of A. Smith (football talent not off the field). Yes Lynch came in out of shape(don't understand this) kid had a shot to be a starter coming in. I don't get how u don't work your butt off. Word is they are working him hard to get into shape and should be in football shape soon.