• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not betting money with someone on an internet site i have never met

but i would be MORE THAN GLAD to make an avatar bet of a length of time you can name- all though- lets not go more than 2 months.

but i would gladly make that bet

no way in fuck is upton a top 6 player out of all those guys RIGHT after he signs a huge deal--- hes been an all star ONCE since 2011- ill take those odds ALL DAY
avatar bets are for pussy farts...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again so you understand this.. The pitching in the NL West was better last year than the pitching in the AL Central this year...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else out there thinks that out of all the AL outfielders- the best ones listed - that Upton will be one of the top 6? NO ONE besides a fucking HUUUUUUUGE homer? Right, thanks

Mike Trout
Adam Jones
Lorenzo Cain
Nelson Cruz
JD Martinez
Michael Brantley
Russ Springer
Carlos Gomez
Jose Bautista
Brett Gardner
Alex Gordon
Mookie Betts
Justin Upton

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mookie wouldn't shock me either.
Mookie is really good...

I think Kole Calhoun could have a breakout year...last year he showed some power, the year before the avg and runs...i think he could combine them this year....

Rusney Castillo is really talented on the Red Sox too.... Adam Eaton, Kevin Pillar...maybe Elsbury has a bounceback year...

theres always a couple guys that really break out that kind of come out of nowhere- and when i say come out of nowhere i guess thats not exactly accurate because these guys have a lot of talent- i guess i just mean taking that next step....in all likelihood one or 2 guys not even on that list will end up being on the AS team.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else out there thinks that out of all the AL outfielders- the best ones listed - that Upton will be one of the top 6? NO ONE besides a fucking HUUUUUUUGE homer? Right, thanks

Mike Trout
Adam Jones
Lorenzo Cain
Nelson Cruz
JD Martinez
Michael Brantley
Russ Springer
Carlos Gomez
Jose Bautista
Brett Gardner
Alex Gordon
Mookie Betts
Justin Upton
Upton could easily have the best season out of all of them.. You are acting like the kid is some scrub.. when he is a career .271 hitter with a obp of .352 ops of .825... and averages 26 HR, 16 SB, and 84 RBI a year...

His career average numbers are better than what every OF selected last year put up other than JD Martinez, Trout, and Baustista had... so yeah... I do think he is a top 6 guy... Seriously... Look at stats.. You want to know how many of last years AL Ofers had higher WAR than Upton? 4...

You are a fucking idiot to act like Upton is some scrub. Seriously.. take a gander at this career stats.. then look guys like Carlos fucking Gomez, Adam Jones and Brett Gardner and get back to me.

Adam Jones, Brett Gardner, Carlos Gomez, and Springer wish they had Justin Upton's offensive numbers.

Nelson Cruz made the team as a DH... he played 80 games in the OF... Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its fucking comical that you actually think Brett Fucking Gardner is better than Upton... or Carlos Gomez.. Jesus Christ you are a clown.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again so you understand this.. The pitching in the NL West was better last year than the pitching in the AL Central this year...
yah think? besides the Dodgers- who in the NL West had great pitching? Bumgarner on the Giants?---

Kershaw
Greinke
Bumgarner

obviously awesome

who after that? The Rockies and Dbacks pitching is PATHETIC- the Giants pitching sucked pretty much after Bumgarner

the AL Central

Sale
Kluber
Carrasco

I actually think the Central has better starting pitching depth after that. Maybe you give a SLIGHT edge to the NL West but facing the pitcher also helps JUST A LITTLE bit as well for their stats. I certainly do not see a huge difference between the two.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton could easily have the best season out of all of them.. You are acting like the kid is some scrub.. when he is a career .271 hitter with a obp of .352 ops of .825... and averages 26 HR, 16 SB, and 84 RBI a year...

His career average numbers are better than what every OF selected last year put up other than JD Martinez, Trout, and Baustista had... so yeah... I do think he is a top 6 guy... Seriously... Look at stats.. You want to know how many of last years AL Ofers had higher WAR than Upton? 4...

You are a fucking idiot to act like Upton is some scrub. Seriously.. take a gander at this career stats.. then look guys like Carlos fucking Gomez, Adam Jones and Brett Gardner and get back to me.

Adam Jones, Brett Gardner, Carlos Gomez, and Springer wish they had Justin Upton's offensive numbers.

Nelson Cruz made the team as a DH... he played 80 games in the OF... Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
i said Upton was a scrub? I think you need to shut your dirty carny mouth before you put words in my mouth.

I just think he has ZERO chance to make the All Star team in the AL with the competition he is facing- combined with the fact that the only reason i think he made the all star team last year FOR THE FIRST TIME since 2011 is because it was a contract year.

If you think those are unreasonable arguments then I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah think? besides the Dodgers- who in the NL West had great pitching? Bumgarner on the Giants?---

Kershaw
Greinke
Bumgarner

obviously awesome

who after that? The Rockies and Dbacks pitching is PATHETIC- the Giants pitching sucked pretty much after Bumgarner

the AL Central

Sale
Kluber
Carrasco

I actually think the Central has better starting pitching depth after that. Maybe you give a SLIGHT edge to the NL West but facing the pitcher also helps JUST A LITTLE bit as well for their stats. I certainly do not see a huge difference between the two.
Look at stats clown... Outside of the Rockies.. the NL West had 2 of the top ten pitching staffs in the MLB... San Fran and LA... The Padres and Diamondbacks were better than anything in the AL Central outside of Cleveland. Colorado may suck.. but so with the twins and the royals rotation.

You might want to look up stats.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at stats clown... Outside of the Rockies.. the NL West had 2 of the top ten pitching staffs in the MLB... San Fran and LA... The Padres and Diamondbacks were better than anything in the AL Central outside of Cleveland. Colorado may suck.. but so with the twins and the royals rotation.

You might want to look up stats.
obviously you need to adjust the stats for facing a pitcher rather than a DH ya dumb fuck. If you think pure counting stats tell the whole story then you need a LOT of help.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said Upton was a scrub? I think you need to shut your dirty carny mouth before you put words in my mouth.

I just think he has ZERO chance to make the All Star team in the AL with the competition he is facing- combined with the fact that the only reason i think he made the all star team last year FOR THE FIRST TIME since 2011 is because it was a contract year.

If you think those are unreasonable arguments then I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Seriously.. You are a complete fucking idiot. If you are so sure Upton won't be an all star.. bet me $500.. fuck it.. lets make it a cool 1k.... you say he has 0 shot...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously you need to adjust the stats for facing a pitcher rather than a DH ya dumb fuck. If you think pure counting stats tell the whole story then you need a LOT of help.

this is coming from the fucking clown that keeps listing brett gardner as a threat for a all star spot over justin upton..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously.. You are a complete fucking idiot. If you are so sure Upton won't be an all star.. bet me $500.. fuck it.. lets make it a cool 1k.... you say he has 0 shot...
lol...yah im making a bet for 500 dollars with some nameless carny from the internet.

im more than willing to make 2 month avatar bet if you are willing to be reasonable...but i know you will puss out- your just grandstanding at this point

there are AT LEAST 5 guys on that list FAR superior to Upton- and hes not going to out perform ALL the other guys on that list - PLUS guys that come out of nowhere every year like the JD Martiniez's and Lorenzo Cain's...theres just no cahnce...especially after getting fat and happy with that contract...no fucking way....theres a reason why this guy was on the market for so long and why he has bounce around in recent years.

Good thing is- we will know in July!!!!! lets book mark it!! i wonder what hte excuse will be.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude is listing guys with career numbers that average as fuck to support his claim that a 28 year old Justin Upton has 0 shot to make an all star game batting in front of the best hitter in baseball... lol

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...yah im making a bet for 500 dollars with some nameless carny from the internet.

im more than willing to make 2 month avatar bet if you are willing to be reasonable...but i know you will puss out- your just grandstanding at this point

there are AT LEAST 5 guys on that list FAR superior to Upton- and hes not going to out perform ALL the other guys on that list - PLUS guys that come out of nowhere every year like the JD Martiniez's and Lorenzo Cain's...theres just no cahnce...especially after getting fat and happy with that contract...no fucking way....

Good thing is- we will know in July!!!!! lets book mark it!! i wonder what hte excuse will be.
oh please tell me what 5.. i can't wait to see this.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how dumb you are... upton has an opt out after two years.. he will be 30.. why the hell would he not do everything he can in the next two years to put up huge numbers, so he can reenter the FA pool and get EVEN MORE $$$?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know one sane person that thinks Justin Upton has 0 chance to make the AS game... you literally have to be retarded or not know baseball at all.. I am guessing from your posts you don't know baseball.

Fucking Brett Gardner... LOL

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only lock on that list to have better numbers than Upton is Trout. That is it... End of story.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh please tell me what 5.. i can't wait to see this.
Trout
Cruz
Brantley
Bautista
JD Mart

I would take all 5 of those guys WITHOUT A SECOND thought over Upton.

Not to mention- I think Springer is due for a big time breakout year that he wouldve had last year if he didnt get hurt. Springer had 16 and 16 in 276/376 in less than 400 at bats- he will DEF be better than Upton this year

Lorenzo CAin is a better player than Upton right now.

Before missing some games and only playing 115 last year- Carlos Gomez went for 23 hrs 34 steals and 24 hrs 40 steals.....pretty exclusive to go 20- 30 and 20-40....things that upton has DONE ONCE 5 years ago- let alone 2 of the last 3 years like Gomez. His best year in 2013 BLOWS away anything Upton has had in his career- let alone anything lately

Mookie Betts had a higher WAR last year at the ripe old age of 22 lol

Adam jones and upton practically have the same exact numbers.