• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scott boris has hosmer, moustakas, and harper in 2018.... he is going to make so much money its not even funny that year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually 26 years old is considered to be entering one's prime years... so JD Martinez starting to figure it out then isn't really that crazy.
theres truth to that-- i remember youkilis sucked till he was like 27-28.....hopefully Chiz is a late blommer just like JD....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Upton made his first all star team last year since 2011. In a contract year.

Ill bet my left nut he is not an all star this summer.
I will take that bet.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drove. Detriot yo Knoxville. 2x in last 11 days. I have had my fill of ohio. They work on I - 75 forever. Only good thing is trying to look at the great American ball park as you drive over the bridge to kentucky. Dicey to let your eyes wander

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their FO is really not all that bad from what I can tell. Just on a tough budget... if they could ever draw the fans out again they might have something.
for some reason the Indians front office is REALLY good at trades....guessing which guys to give long term money too? YAH NOT SO MUCH

but for some reason- there track record on trades is just EXCELLENT - going back too.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously.. who is going to get the nod in LF in the AL over Upton? They will take at least 2 LFers... Gordon and Upton will most likely be the two. Who else?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take that bet.
seriously though- think of some realistic terms and ill make that bet with you---- like an avatar bet or something i dunno...if u want to that is.

Ill bet you that Salazar, Carrasco and Kluber are all better than Zimmerman (and Zimmerman prob makes way more than all 3 combined)-

are you nervous at all about Zimmerman? I think moving a SP from the NL to the AL is usually a recipe for disaster unless your just brilliant- but we shall see....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously though- think of some realistic terms and ill make that bet with you---- like an avatar bet or something i dunno...if u want to that is.

Ill bet you that Salazar, Carrasco and Kluber are all better than Zimmerman (and Zimmerman prob makes way more than all 3 combined)-

are you nervous at all about Zimmerman? I think moving a SP from the NL to the AL is usually a recipe for disaster unless your just brilliant- but we shall see....
You might want to take a peek at Zimmermann's career splits vs the AL...

I am not worried about Zimmermann at all. He is 29.. and got market rate for a top of the rotation arm with his resume... The Tigers needed a proven starter.. he is a proven starter....

Making bets about Upton being an all star isn't a smart bet. Seriously.. You might want to take a look at the LFer's in the AL before you bet your nutsack on that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
potential all star outfielders in the AL:

EAST-
Betts
Jones
Bautista

CENTRAL-
JD
Brantley
Cain
Gordon
Upton

WEST-
Trout
Springer
Gomez

its not like they just say- you GOTTA take a LF, RF, CF....i DEFINTELY dont think Upton makes the All Star team in that crowded AL outfield picture.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drove. Detriot yo Knoxville. 2x in last 11 days. I have had my fill of ohio. They work on I - 75 forever. Only good thing is trying to look at the great American ball park as you drive over the bridge to kentucky. Dicey to let your eyes wander
drove right by my alma mater going down 75....one of the 20 best basketball teams in the country!!!! dare i say- one of the elite mid majors in the USA?!!!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
potential all star outfielders in the AL:

EAST-
Betts
Jones
Bautista

CENTRAL-
JD
Brantley
Cain
Gordon
Upton

WEST-
Trout
Springer
Gomez

its not like they just say- you GOTTA take a LF, RF, CF....i DEFINTELY dont think Upton makes the All Star team in that crowded AL outfield picture.
You do realize how many OFers they take right?

Its like 6.

I wouldn't be betting my nutsack on that.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drove right by my alma mater going down 75....one of the 20 best basketball teams in the country!!!! dare i say- one of the elite mid majors in the USA?!!!!
Stopped in Lexington for food. Town was packed. Wildcats were playing that night. Need to widen the streets there. They are crazy for there wildcats

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously... Upton is going to be hitting in front of miggy and the two martinez... he is going to have so many fastballs to hit its not even funny. The kid easily could have the best year of his career and nobody would be surprised... he is 28... and you are going to bet a nut on that? LOL.. fucking retard.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moustakas will be a free agent in 2018, along with first baseman Eric Hosmer, center fielder Lorenzo Cain, shortstopAlcides Escobar, starting pitcher Jason Vargas and closer Wade Davis.
first- Davis is really good but 2 years from now WHO knows what kind of shape a reliever will be in. Vargas is nothing

its the other 3 guys- they will probably sign one or two and trade one or two...not rocket science. Im sure they will give Hosmer something to think but if Hosmer wants every last penny he will be gone- which like you said- may be with Boras he is gone. Thats how it goes....who knows what happens- maybe Cain breaks his ankle in week 3, they are out of it and trade Hosmer for a Greinke-like package in July--- maybe hes there 10 years from now.

the team just made the last 2 world series and won one...i think the guy deserves a slight benefit of the doubt.