• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Porcello, but Kluber, Happ and Verlander all good choices. Kluber has a higher WAR (according to ESPN), but Porcello's 21-4 is impressive. Still a little bit of the season left.
I was surprised Porcello's WHIP was lower than Kluber's. Porcello like never walks anybody.

I think at this point its between Porcello and Kluber and either would be a perfectly acceptable choice. It should be interesting.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he was done today, Verlander has had a much better season than anyone other than Douglas would have expected. He has been great but if the season ended today, I think he's a long shot for the CY. All contenders likely have another start or two, so we'll have to see how those go.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised Porcello's WHIP was lower than Kluber's. Porcello like never walks anybody.

I think at this point its between Porcello and Kluber and either would be a perfectly acceptable choice. It should be interesting.

I am in agreement if you throw Happ into the picture ... and let the remainder of the season play out ... it is that close.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he was done today, Verlander has had a much better season than anyone other than Douglas would have expected. He has been great but if the season ended today, I think he's a long shot for the CY. All contenders likely have another start or two, so we'll have to see how those go.

You don't have to agree with Doug, but you gotta respect his HEART. If the Tigers had his HEART, we'd be having different conversations right now.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in agreement if you throw Happ into the picture ... and let the remainder of the season play out ... it is that close.

I think Happ's a long shot, too. Other than having 20 wins, I don't see how he's in the discussion. Fewer innings, fewer Ks, higher ERA, etc.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, unless something significantly changes over the next ten or so games, I think it's between Porcello and Kluber.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reel in those injuns..slow. stead . I said by September 2 we will all see them spiral downward. I'am guessing by September 24. Tigers will be in control of the central.
I crunched the numbers. Took in account of Many factors. Desire,fire,injured players back to top form. And most of all HEART.

Doug predicted September 24 as the day the Tigers took control of the AL Central. It is possible that the 24th could be the day the Tribe CLINCHES the AL Central.

I have to admit, I'd laugh my balls off at the irony of that. Indians magic number is 5, the Tigers have 4 games between now and the 24th, and the Indians have three, so it's certainly possible.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying we still got a shot??

Can you guess what movie that is from? Hint...iffy could have played a role in it.fit. him like a glove

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say. All the mojo and excitement has headed West to Ann Arbor. ...cant blame people. What jimbo has done to restore the greatness. People giving up on tigers like iffy has....big mistake

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say. All the mojo and excitement has headed West to Ann Arbor. ...cant blame people. What jimbo has done to restore the greatness. People giving up on tigers like iffy has....big mistake

Hey doug will you be attending Jimmy Jam's creepy recruiting sleepover next year as a chaperone?

imagessdaasd.jpg

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doug...why didn't the Wolverines move up to #3 after their win last week? :pound:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appeared that Fulmer had a lock on ROY award....but Gary Sanchez is charging. (Not sure if voters will think he has enough playing time to qualify.) Problem might arise if Fulmer continues to "under-perform" in his last two starts of the season. I believe his ERA is something like 6.00+ in his last 5 starts. Two more like that, and Sanchez' continued hitting, could change some voters' minds.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel that Verlander is a front-runner for CY. As a Tiger fan, I'm just glad he's returned to legit #1 starter status.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I stumped for Verlander? Pretty sure at no point have I thought he was leading the way.

I suppose I read too far into this:

He's gotta get thru that fierce Twins lineup first.

Mea culpa.

So if it's not Verlander, and it's not Sale, and the homerism of anyone suggesting that Porcello/Kluber are the frontrunners knows no bounds, who exactly do you think is in the cat bird seat this afternoon?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appeared that Fulmer had a lock on ROY award....but Gary Sanchez is charging. (Not sure if voters will think he has enough playing time to qualify.) Problem might arise if Fulmer continues to "under-perform" in his last two starts of the season. I believe his ERA is something like 6.00+ in his last 5 starts. Two more like that, and Sanchez' continued hitting, could change some voters' minds.

Fulmer was pretty great in his last start, though.