• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I was thinking about while at the game and staring at all the empty seats: Cleveland has really been trying to make downtown a desirable place to live for young adults. The Indians have built a really cool "bar atmosphere" in right field and you can get a standing room only ticket for $13 that comes with your first beer. That's an awesome deal, but after you're done with that free 8oz beer, you're onto $10 for a large Miller Lite draft, which probably costs the Indians a quarter.

If I was a 25y/o living in downtown Cleveland, I would love to hang out at the park on a nice night, but 10$ Miller Lites are going to be cost prohibitive. If a team is filling their stands to an acceptable level, I can fully understand the exorbitant prices, but when they're not? Where's the business acumen on that deal? When I was taking business classes in college, I'm almost positive I remember them saying something or other about supply and demand.

I just don't get it. Anyone have any insight or ideas?
Where did you go to college, if you don't mind me asking?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also studied for a bit at Berklee in Boston, but cut bait on that pretty quickly. That's where/when I got into baseball and the Red Sox. In 2007, when the Red Sox went from being the Red Sox to Yankees Lite is when they lost favor with me.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Kluber turned in another solid start, pushing his way into the CY discussion.

Since the All-Star break, he's started 10 games and is 7-0 with a 1.94 ERA and 75 Ks in 69.2 IP. If you're Broncosmitty, that's 10 Ks a game.
Kluber is the shit maign.

Vice wanted to fight me in the Jason's Deli parking lot for saying Id take him over JV.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State.

He was the ball boy.

I saw a kid the other day maybe 12 y/o wearing a Penn State shirt. I imagine his dad was an alum, but still, I think it's still a bit early to be putting your kid in a Penn State shirt.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plastic flasks are still the only way to go iffen your lookin to get hammered at a ball game.

Or just 20oz bottles of vodka if you're in Oakland.

They don't put water bottles up to the sniff test.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a kid the other day maybe 12 y/o wearing a Penn State shirt. I imagine his dad was an alum, but still, I think it's still a bit early to be putting your kid in a Penn State shirt.
I tried to buy a Matt Millen throwback and they carded me.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber is the shit maign.

Vice wanted to fight me in the Jason's Deli parking lot for saying Id take him over JV.

That's funny shit. Vice was such a little man.

Verlander is having a great season, but going forward, I'd agree with you about Kluber.

If -- and I understand it's a big if -- Kluber happens to win the Cy Young this year, Indians' pitchers will have won four of the last ten CYs. That would be pretty amazing for a team such as the Indians.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious is all. Either that or I'm planning something sinister. You'll find out; or won't

post-24030-Mark-Wahlberg-confused-gif-Img-Bi1v.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny shit. Vice was such a little man.

Verlander is having a great season, but going forward, I'd agree with you about Kluber.

If -- and I understand it's a big if -- Kluber happens to win the Cy Young this year, Indians' pitchers will have won four of the last ten CYs. That would be pretty amazing for a team such as the Indians.
JV has far exceeded anything I expected down the homestretch of his career. Honestly impressed with how he's adjusted. Could end up being his second best season, or third.

Kluber is set for his second best too imo.

Should be a good race between those two, Sale and Happ, prolly. Nobody is a clear cut favorite right now.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good race between those two, Sale and Happ, prolly. Nobody is a clear cut favorite right now.

I don't think Sale's in any better position to win the CY than Kluber is. Maybe slightly worse.

I think Happ would be my favorite if the season ended today with Porcello right on his heels, but Happ's turned in 3 straight clunkers vs NYY, BAL and LAA to the tune of a 5.30 ERA. He might be shitting himself right out of CY contention.

I think Cole Hamels is in the mix, too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Sale's in any better position to win the CY than Kluber is. Maybe slightly worse.

I think Happ would be my favorite if the season ended today with Porcello right on his heels, but Happ's turned in 3 straight clunkers vs NYY, BAL and LAA to the tune of a 5.30 ERA. He might be shitting himself right out of CY contention.

I think Cole Hamels is in the mix, too.
Hamels ERA is out of touch with his other numbers.
Although it got a correction the other day. He'll be top ten, but I don't see how he could win. Porcello, same thing, top ten.

Sale leads right now in my eyes.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Kluber turned in another solid start, pushing his way into the CY discussion.

Since the All-Star break, he's started 10 games and is 7-0 with a 1.94 ERA and 75 Ks in 69.2 IP. If you're Broncosmitty, that's 10 Ks a game.

Thought i'd point out -- Kluber has only started 9 games since the AS break and he is 6-0 with a 2.01 ERA and 67 k's in 61.2 IP

Also -- while I agree with you about Verlander's contract -- it is astronomical. If Kluber is in the Cy Young conversation though -- Verlander is as well. They are having basically the same year.

Kluber has 1 more win and 1 more loss and has a better ERA.

Verlander has more K's, a better WHIP and a better OPP BA

Both pitchers started slow and have been carrying their teams in the 2nd half of the year. Both have 10 straight quality starts.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to add, I wasn't suggesting getting folks "drunk for cheap," but rather aligning their prices to the high end of reasonable bar prices. There's a lot of space between $2 and $10.

Did Cleveland change their beer prices? I went to a game in Cleveland last year when they played the Tigers and got two beers for 8 bux and almost fell down, because that is cheaper than one beer in Detroit.