• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is losing and the Tribe has Cy Kluber on the mound. Lets hope that lead is back up to 5.5 after today.
But. But but but they play 9 innings son. It was in the bag. Tigers show HEART in the 9th

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BIG day is September 2. And Tigers and Indians are off tomorrow.

I know I am anxiously awaiting the explanation of how the AL Central will be decided by then. I realize it will be some conclusion determined by downward spirals, smart money, sharpness, 'over the shoulder' looking, and, of course, HEART.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come Verlander didn't get the win? Doug said he would. I bet it was the fucking umps again.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win?? Tigers won. You say wins don't mean nuttin these days. It's a team stat BASAAAWWWWHHHHAAA.
Tigers win. Yep. Team stat. Right iffy???

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber. Ha! Verlander steps up big. Last 2 months. Now it's time for kluber to stand up. He will be bent over. Kluber is a poor man's verlander

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber. Ha! Verlander steps up big. Last 2 months. Now it's time for kluber to stand up. He will be bent over. Kluber is a poor man's verlander
Kluber owns Verlander.

No one in their right mind would trade Kluber for Verlander.

That Verlander contract is so fucking bad its insane. Ever try swimming with a 50lb weight tied around y our neck?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win?? Tigers won. You say wins don't mean nuttin these days. It's a team stat BASAAAWWWWHHHHAAA.
Tigers win. Yep. Team stat. Right iffy???

A Win - that IS a team stat doug. You don't agree? No ONE player WINS the game.
Just my view, but it would be better if team wins/loses were counted in the pitchers stats. Let's say JV starts 32 games in a season...it might be more meaningful to tell us how many of his starts did the team win and how many did they lose. So at the end of a 32 start season, JV's W-L record might be 18-14, or 15-17. The pitcher's other stats will still tell you how well (or poorly) he is pitching....but this kind of W-L stat would tell you more about how he is effecting his team.

Damn...I'm sorry doug...that flew right over your head, didn't it?
Move along...nothing to see here.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Verlander wins. You say team won. If he loses. You say he sucks. You just so worried the tigers will win and you worried when to jump on for the big win

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note. Actor. Gene wilder passed away. Funny funny guy. 83 had oldtimers. Young frakenstien was a funny ass movie

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cy Kluber

7-0 since 7/31.....

thats how you go out and establish yourself as your teams ace and stopper and put yourself in contention for your 2nd Cy Young award.

Who would have guessed Rajai Davis would lead the AL in steals with 34 and Mike Napoli would hit 30+ bombs? I mean besides Antonetti? ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Verlander wins. You say team won. If he loses. You say he sucks. You just so worried the tigers will win and you worried when to jump on for the big win
Verlander deserves a lot of credit for bouncing back. For most of last year he looked like a guy who couldnt pitch without throwing 98. He has really matured as a pitcher.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Kennedy really has pitched pretty well since throwing his 4 seamer higher in the zone which is turning HR's into popups and deep flyouts instead. ERA has been dropping like a rock- this last homer withstanding.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Win - that IS a team stat doug. You don't agree? No ONE player WINS the game.
Just my view, but it would be better if team wins/loses were counted in the pitchers stats. Let's say JV starts 32 games in a season...it might be more meaningful to tell us how many of his starts did the team win and how many did they lose. So at the end of a 32 start season, JV's W-L record might be 18-14, or 15-17. The pitcher's other stats will still tell you how well (or poorly) he is pitching....but this kind of W-L stat would tell you more about how he is effecting his team.

Damn...I'm sorry doug...that flew right over your head, didn't it?
Move along...nothing to see here.
:eek::eek::eek:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back when ''winning'' 20 games meant something for a pitcher, WINS had a use as a pitching stat. But now, gaining 20 wins is becoming a very rare occurrence. You can be a dominating pitcher, and if your offense is not backing you, getting 20 wins in approx 32 starts is near impossible. Porcello will end up with 20+ wins because he gets run support. Bumgarner will have an ERA a run lower, and won't get near 20 wins.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cy Kluber

7-0 since 7/31.....

thats how you go out and establish yourself as your teams ace and stopper and put yourself in contention for your 2nd Cy Young award.

Who would have guessed Rajai Davis would lead the AL in steals with 34 and Mike Napoli would hit 30+ bombs? I mean besides Antonetti? ;)

It was the Twins bro. I've never seen a team look more ready to get to the golf course in my life and I'm a Timberwolves fan.

Good job getting the brooms out and taking care of business at home though. We were are bit of a thorn in your side earlier in the season, but you sent us to the whoopin' room Adrian Peterson style.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the Twins bro. I've never seen a team look more ready to get to the golf course in my life and I'm a Timberwolves fan.

Good job getting the brooms out and taking care of business at home though. We were are bit of a thorn in your side earlier in the season, but you sent us to the whoopin' room Adrian Peterson style.
except for fucking Dozier who looks like he might hit 40 fucking bombs! geezus....unbelievable.

I mean- the Twins had kind of owned the Indians this season inexplicably...it was just good to win some games and keep Detroit at arms length.

Dozier though...shit man....

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except for fucking Dozier who looks like he might hit 40 fucking bombs! geezus....unbelievable.

I mean- the Twins had kind of owned the Indians this season inexplicably...it was just good to win some games and keep Detroit at arms length.

Dozier though...shit man....

It's a great run he's had and he's at around 5 million per year the next two years. As difficult as it is though, we need to flip him for a good pitcher. We can score, but we have exactly one reliable starter who's one bad piss away from a year long ban.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great run he's had and he's at around 5 million per year the next two years. As difficult as it is though, we need to flip him for a good pitcher. We can score, but we have exactly one reliable starter who's one bad piss away from a year long ban.
yah your guys pitching is just awful- and Berrios has hardly been impressive.

Now- it looked like Carlos Carrasco was gonna wash out at least 2-3 times so you never know- and Berrios has hardly got a shot- but he certainly didnt come up and dominate like some guys with crazy stuff do.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah your guys pitching is just awful- and Berrios has hardly been impressive.

Now- it looked like Carlos Carrasco was gonna wash out at least 2-3 times so you never know- and Berrios has hardly got a shot- but he certainly didnt come up and dominate like some guys with crazy stuff do.

Kid destroyed AAA. I don't know what his problem has been when he gets up here. There is literally no pressure on a team heading towards 100+ losses. He's 22, so I'm not giving up on him, but he just hasn't looked the part when he gets to the bigs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry about Bridgewater. Was looking forward to watching the Vikes this year.