• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closing hasn't been a big issue, and even the 8th with Shaw has been pretty solid. It drops off pretty quickly after that though.

I really liked the idea of adding Lucroy and (hopefully) Brantley in the lineup at some point, but alas, wasn't meant to be, I guess.

They have plenty of depth in the outfield but hopefully Brantley can make it back a little before the playoffs, that would be huge. Now Ramirez can play at 3B mainly. Miller to CL means Allen and Shaw are the 7th and 8th inning guys which is a pretty sick bullpen. Wish they still have gotten a bat though.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians wouldn't guarantee that Lucroy would be the starting first baseman in 2017 - Lucroy took that to mean he was going to play backup to Gomes.

***correction: The Indians wouldn't guarantee that Lucroy would be the starting catcher in 2017.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have plenty of depth in the outfield but hopefully Brantley can make it back a little before the playoffs, that would be huge. Now Ramirez can play at 3B mainly. Miller to CL means Allen and Shaw are the 7th and 8th inning guys which is a pretty sick bullpen. Wish they still have gotten a bat though.

They just dropped Juan Uribe.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to Cristopher Russo today and he had an interesting point about Lucroy. He feels that the way we played this does not make him look like a winner.

Essentially, his point was that instead of jumping at a chance to compete for a championship in 2016, he was more concerned with losing playing time to Yan Gomes in 2017.

That said, I'm hearing that Lucroy and Jeremy Jeffriess were just traded to the Rangers.
this just does not make any sense to me- and the Indians have a sterling relationship in MLB with how their front office is always up front and honest, credible and honorable with how they deal with players/coaches/managers---- its one huge reason Francona is even here.

So- either Lucroy was afraid he could not beat out Yan Gomes...which seems absurd to me...

or- he thought his FA value would be hurt by not catching all the time and instead playing 1B and DH here or there...

I mean- both of those contentions are just absurd to me--- A. that he would be afraid he couldnt beat out Yan, and B. that he thought it was a bad idea to go somewhere where he didnt have to catch everyday being a catcher over the age of 30.

its just so strange to me--- now he goes to Texas who i cant imagine is going to renegotiate or decline his 5M option next year right?

catchers have REALLY long life spans catching everyday in the Texas heat...especially ones over 30...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So- either Lucroy was afraid he could not beat out Yan Gomes...which seems absurd to me...

or- he thought his FA value would be hurt by not catching all the time and instead playing 1B and DH here or there...

It is the latter. Lucroy's value is at catcher. He puts up great numbers offensively..........for a catcher. As a 1B or DH, not so much. If his numbers drop next year (his contract year), while not playing exclusively at Catcher, it could hurt his value on the open market, as teams may think he can't handle the work load behind the plate.

My initial reaction to Lucroy vetoing the trade was -- the guy is a prick. Actually, my initial reaction, as a Tigers fan, was relief, as he would have made that Indians lineup extremely potent. After reading why -- I understand why he did it.

Getting Miller though was a tremendous pickup for that Indians bullpen.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger front office just bought a sign from our pal doug. It reads....

DAVE DOMBROWSKI BROKE ONE OFF IN US
AND WE HAVE NO PROSPECTS TO TRADE

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger front office at the trade deadline...
1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the latter. Lucroy's value is at catcher. He puts up great numbers offensively..........for a catcher. As a 1B or DH, not so much. If his numbers drop next year (his contract year), while not playing exclusively at Catcher, it could hurt his value on the open market, as teams may think he can't handle the work load behind the plate.

My initial reaction to Lucroy vetoing the trade was -- the guy is a prick. Actually, my initial reaction, as a Tigers fan, was relief, as he would have made that Indians lineup extremely potent. After reading why -- I understand why he did it.

Getting Miller though was a tremendous pickup for that Indians bullpen.

BS.

He tried for a cash grab, the Indians said no, and he cooked up this crap about being afraid of losing playing time to Yan Fucking Gomes.

Seriously, try to explain to me why the Indians would give up a serious haul of prospects (including a switch-hitting catcher who mashes) to acquire a top MLB catcher -- who as you pointed out, his value is as a catcher -- and then use him as a 1B or DH?

It's just bullshit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucroy really would have been a great fit.

I just dont understand it at all- no way was that option ever going to be declined for whoever trades for him- or a trade just would not even happen.

He seems upset about not playing catcher everyday too- well dude- you are gonna come up for your next contract at the age of 32- MIGHT be a good idea to try and mitigate the wear and tear on him. How many guys in their early 30's can play catcher everyday and still hit? Anyone in the bigs?
He's where he wanted to be now.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug...do you think ESPN will mention how a Tribe fan schooled and destroyed a certain Tiger fan on SportsHoopla and exposed him as a gutless windbag?
If you could find that it happened. But I doubt it ever did. Ohio and school don't really go together

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never will understand how people have a problem with players utilizing what they had in their contract.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger front office just bought a sign from our pal doug. It reads....

DAVE DOMBROWSKI BROKE ONE OFF IN US
AND WE HAVE NO PROSPECTS TO TRADE
Yes. But thank Dd for fulmer. Miggy. V mart. Kinsler etc etc

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never will understand how people have a problem with players utilizing what they had in their contract.

It's not what you do, bronco, it's how you do it.

Honestly, I think the biggest fucktards in this whole mess (in fucktarded order are): 1) Lucroy's agent 2) Brewers front office, 3) dougplayer, and 4) whoever leaked the trade before Lucroy agreed.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like slinky and iffy have a bromine going on. Iffy jump on the tribe bandwagon. ..it's going to be fun listening to him spin his way back on tigers bandwagon in late September. Word