• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks a lot more like 2013 Verlander, which is still a very good SP.
That is all I was getting at. In all honesty, I never thought we'd see the Verlander we are seeing this year again. So I'm happy to see health had something to do with his struggles. He will never be the pitcher who could dial it up to 100 in the 9th inning, but I was shocked to see him hit 97 or 98 this year.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fulmer was the catch in that deal, much more consistant. Norris is the one that will drive you nuts, a no hitter going one game, then out the next game by the 3rd inning. Norris has relief pitcher written all over him, but might be a really good RP.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe how you still bad mouthing verlander. If the bull pen wasn't such shit...and could have did there job. He would have around 14 wins.
He has had only about 2 bad games this year. But keep sticking to the precious ERA..

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe how you still bad mouthing verlander. If the bull pen wasn't such shit...and could have did there job. He would have around 14 wins.
He has had only about 2 bad games this year. But keep sticking to the precious ERA..

Which is why pitchers wins and losses are a terrible way to measure a pitcher's effectiveness. So stop citing them.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hi Doug....Go and check out Verlander's performances on these dates:
April 11, May 3, June 26, and July 7. I think you would have to classify them as bad performances by JV. That is why I (and others) have urged you to check out some facts before you speak. Even the best of us have faulty memories, and those that get wrapped up in over-zealous cheering might suffer even more memory loss.

If you need help in finding the info for the above dates...ask.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Much like the Tigers, Verlander is owned by the Indians.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fulmer was the catch in that deal, much more consistant. Norris is the one that will drive you nuts, a no hitter going one game, then out the next game by the 3rd inning. Norris has relief pitcher written all over him, but might be a really good RP.
His ceiling is high.

Boyd seems more of a sixth man to me.

Injuries have been an issue. He was finishing strong last year till he got hurt batting. Think he homer that day. If he isn't dealt, Norris will be in the rotation.

Cancer prolly hasn't helped either.

Even though Vice thinks cancer is no big deal.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like the Tigers, Verlander is owned by the Indians.

See doug? When you don't do a little checking, your detractors find you easy prey. Three of Verlander's worst outings came against the Indians. So your protests about the "knocking" of JV, fell right into the lap of Tribe fans who used it against you. Try to start thinking ahead a bit, instead of just blurting out the first thing that comes into your head.

Taking continual slaps to the face is not needed to prove you are a Tiger fan.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does Iffy and Doug remind me of the movie Grumpier Old Men

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think people outside of tigers fans realize -- Fulmer didn't come up and start dominating. He only had two pitches he could use and while teams didn't tee off on him. He gave up 14 ER in his first 4 starts. After the Baltimore game, they got him to add a change up to give him another pitch to keep hitters off balance and guessing more. He worked on the change up in between starts and used it against TB and ever since, he has been the best pitcher on Detroit. He has given up 13 ER over his next 12 starts, including a 30+ inning stretch with no runs allowed.

With learning how to use the change up -- I don't think we see any of the success like we have from Fulmer. I think he'd be solid, but not putting up #1 starter numbers.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has to help doug out. It is one thing to be a fan....it is another to be an insult to that team.

I will make Doug a better fan. I will Make Doug Great Again!!! I am the only one who can do this. Doug's whole life is about WINNING. The Tigers are about WINNING. Doug will become so good that blood will come out of your eyes, or out of somewhere! And, above all, he will have a good relationship with the Mexican people.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Write this down everyone, the Indians will lose tonight!"

signed: Doug

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people outside of tigers fans realize -- Fulmer didn't come up and start dominating. He only had two pitches he could use and while teams didn't tee off on him. He gave up 14 ER in his first 4 starts. After the Baltimore game, they got him to add a change up to give him another pitch to keep hitters off balance and guessing more. He worked on the change up in between starts and used it against TB and ever since, he has been the best pitcher on Detroit. He has given up 13 ER over his next 12 starts, including a 30+ inning stretch with no runs allowed.

With learning how to use the change up -- I don't think we see any of the success like we have from Fulmer. I think he'd be solid, but not putting up #1 starter numbers.
Separated him from the Jeremy Bondermans of the world.

I really don't know how guys with arms like his aren't taught the changeup early on. Like say 12.

If you can't locate your fastball(fastballs) and effectively use a change you shouldn't even be allowed to go with a curve imo. Not as a an official rule, but by your coaches. Kids rely on breaking pitches too much. Ruins arms and doesn't stress the finer points of the position.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Separated him from the Jeremy Bondermans of the world.

I really don't know how guys with arms like his aren't taught the changeup early on. Like say 12.

If you can't locate your fastball(fastballs) and effectively use a change you shouldn't even be allowed to go with a curve imo. Not as a an official rule, but by your coaches. Kids rely on breaking pitches too much. Ruins arms and doesn't stress the finer points of the position.

Absolutely. He had two plus pitches with the 95-98 mph fastball and a plus slider. But if you only have two pitches, hitters will start sitting on one or other. With the change up he added, it gave him 3 pitches and he went from a solid pitcher to a great pitcher and it keeps hitters guessing.

Also agree with all the junk kids throw now a days. My buddies son played on a travel team from Michigan. They actually won the 2 main national championships for 15u travel last year (one in Florida, one in Georgia). I went to watch them play a local game here and every pitcher was throwing junk after junk after junk. I really had no idea why as these kids were throwing mid 80's on his team and could just over power teams.